All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Go look at your first response to Chris. If your intent was to communicate about the health and well being of young women and trying to educate him, your message was lost in the tone of your post. Also stating an athlete wouldn't speak up for fear of being kicked off a team tells me you made very wrong assumptions about Chris as a coach and Top Gun as a program.
It isn't about a program or a coach, but the mind of a teenage girl. There are very few that would be willing to speak up to a male coach about this and in their mind risk their spot over something that coach cannot relate to. No matter how great that coach is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sticky bras = pasties. I'm fully behind that statement.
Most girls probably don't even know they're damaging their breasts to speak up. If you think wearing a tighter top holds your girls better than a sports bra, you're probably wearing a low impact sports bra that is basically a bralette and NOT for high impact sports like cheerleading. My life changed when I bought one and it dawned on me that my chest would probably look perkier if I didn't spend most of my formative years jumping and tumbling unsupported properly. However, my uniform sadly didn't allow me that option/no one educated me about how you can damage your breast tissue by not wearing the right bra for the right activity. Spread the word, equip your girls!

ETA: It is NOT that hard to design a beautiful uniform that will allow girls to wear a properly supportive sports bra. We wouldn't accept bottoms that had cut outs or were so sheer that they prevented athletes from wearing proper underwear, would we? So why should we force kids to forgo bras or wear uncomfortable alternatives on top?

Last edited:
Totally not a uniform but I completely love CA Charlotte RoyalCats practice wear for NCA. I also really love how cost effective it was. We already had the tops from the start of the season but the team mom took them back and added to them and the boys brought in black shorts they all already owned (you can't see the ca logo she added on the left pant leg in this pic) and she blinged out capris the girls brought in (and most of them already owned black capris) so these are functional, beautiful and affordable.

And for the bra brigade, we have some gifted girls and they can wear a second sportsbra under this (they wear two as standard all the time anyway) with no issue.

Best team mom ever [emoji7]

383c23e4b9d4ad13f64197ca3ce4de5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't about a program or a coach, but the mind of a teenage girl. There are very few that would be willing to speak up to a male coach about this and in their mind risk their spot over something that coach cannot relate to. No matter how great that coach is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
then dont get involved in the sport, if you seem to find the uniforms your children (?) might have to wear in the future will be detrimental to their health.
personally i think you could find a light enough nude color bra to wear with the angels uniform. As far as sticky bras go, those things suck and are useless in my opinion anytime ive ever worn them, so i can only imagine how they would work when girls are stunting and tumbling. However if top gun tested that theory out and the girls approved, then its their decision.

I agree on the 'these kids likely don't know any better...' as part of the well endowed group, I can assure you the average teenage girl has zero idea what youth/teenage activities does in the long run to her breasts. Zip, nada, zilch...you'll find a few exceptions if mom inform them or they have a doctor for a parent, but that is about it.

I'm so glad that horrendous yellow and pink Lady Jags uni is gone, it was probably one of the uniforms i dislike the most, also because i hate collars on uniforms
I really like the new one
I liked those ones, which is strange cuz the back was a bit crazy. But then again I am partial to the collar lol

ETA: I do think the Angels uniform is very pretty. The Angels wings are a cool idea. I think you'd probably be able to get away with a nude sports bra if you could find one.

Personally though, no matter the uniform (all star with no back, all star w/ crazy cutouts, school full top, Etc) I'd be uncomfortable not being able to wear a bra while cheering.

Last edited:
Totally not a uniform but I completely love CA Charlotte RoyalCats practice wear for NCA. I also really love how cost effective it was. We already had the tops from the start of the season but the team mom took them back and added to them and the boys brought in black shorts they all already owned (you can't see the ca logo she added on the left pant leg in this pic) and she blinged out capris the girls brought in (and most of them already owned black capris) so these are functional, beautiful and affordable.

And for the bra brigade, we have some gifted girls and they can wear a second sportsbra under this (they wear two as standard all the time anyway) with no issue.

Best team mom ever [emoji7]

383c23e4b9d4ad13f64197ca3ce4de5b.jpg

Obsessed! Simple but still fun!

@CandC5p - while you and I will never see eye to eye on the need for truly supportive bras, I do appreciate you coming on here and explaining the idea behind the TG Angels uniform and the process that you went through to make your vision come to life. I sometimes wonder where coaches/owners are coming from when I see certain uniforms, so
it was nice to hear your thought process. Thank you!

then dont get involved in the sport, if you seem to find the uniforms your children (?) might have to wear in the future will be detrimental to their health.
personally i think you could find a light enough nude color bra to wear with the angels uniform. As far as sticky bras go, those things suck and are useless in my opinion anytime ive ever worn them, so i can only imagine how they would work when girls are stunting and tumbling. However if top gun tested that theory out and the girls approved, then its their decision.
Should someone really have to choose weather or not cheerleading Is the right sport for them based on weather a uniform they have to wear will provide the ability to wear a supportive bra? As an athlete, I wish I would have never been put in that situation, yet here I am wearing a strapless bra with my uniform because that's the direction all uniforms are unfortunately taking nowadays. There's no way I would quit cheerleading just based on the uniform I have to wear. I wish my team could have put in some input, but we didn't. Sad that as a sport, we care more about the appearance of our athletes than the athleticism. The sport aspect should always come before the performance aspect, in my opinion.

Hey all! As the coach of TG Angels and designer of the new uniform, I appreciate the fact that we all have a difference of opinion... what kind of world would it be if we all thought the same about everything that happens? I will say that the uniforms are definitely more impressive when you see them in person, but I can let you all be the judge of that when/if you ever get to see them in person.

The vision I had was that I really wanted the wings on the back to be the statement piece of the uniform. Ideally, I wanted them to wear big huge angel wings (kind of like what you would see at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show), but obviously that isn't practical & the girls wouldn't be able to do a routine with big ole wings like that on their back. So the next best option was making the back almost a full piece so that the wings would cover the entire back. Originally I thought it would just be normal white fabric with the wings sublimated on it. But instead GK came back with the back being all white mesh on the first prototype. When I first saw it not on anyone, I was very hesitant about the mesh. But once we put it on one of our athletes, I thought it looked really cool because it looked like the wings were almost tattooed on the back. Again, I realize some people don't like that look & you're entitled to your opinions, but our staff really liked it and so did I, so we decided to keep it.

Practicality was a HUGE factor when designing this uniform because I knew we were taking a risk with the back of the uniform since nothing like that has ever been done before. Although I really wanted to do a different uniform with an element that has never been done before, my main priority was making sure the Angels felt comfortable in it. It seems many of you aren't aware of the many bra options out there for women, but for our bustier girls, they have a bra they can wear (kind of like a sticky bra) that is only on the front and not the back... but most of the girls say that a bra isn't necessary because of how well GK knows how to fit a uniform to a body (if any of you watch gymnastics, GK is the number one leotard provider for gymnasts, and gymnasts do not wear bras with their leotards... so GK knows how to make a uniform fit well without the need of a bra). .. And the reason behind the skort is simply the fact that all of our girls say that a skort is the most comfortable to wear
(edited for length)
~Chris
This is really well said. It's good that the girls are comfortable with it, and as long as they're happy that's all that matters!However, for some more "busty" girls a sticky bra probably wouldn't do it, as would going bra less. Not to get TMI, but I also have a pretty open backed uniform and my coach recommended no bra and it really hurts to jump. I eventually found a solution but sometimes you can't, and that kind of worries me. But again if everyone is comfy that's really what matters- good luck at NCA!

Should someone really have to choose weather or not cheerleading Is the right sport for them based on weather a uniform they have to wear will provide the ability to wear a supportive bra? As an athlete, I wish I would have never been put in that situation, yet here I am wearing a strapless bra with my uniform because that's the direction all uniforms are unfortunately taking nowadays. There's no way I would quit cheerleading just based on the uniform I have to wear. I wish my team could have put in some input, but we didn't. Sad that as a sport, we care more about the appearance of our athletes than the athleticism. The sport aspect should always come before the performance aspect, in my opinion.
This!!!!
In one breath we say we want cheer to be taken seriously as a legitimate sport, but in the next we are telling girls to "just go bra less" because the latest trendy costume we are trying to pass off as sports uniform doesn't accommodate one. No girl should be required to choose to quit her sport because she cannot wear the necessary undergarments. This shouldn't even be a discussion and an every other sport it isn't. We would never ask males to wear bottoms that didn't allow for underwear, why is it ok to ask girls to go without the necessary undergarments??

This is really well said. It's good that the girls are comfortable with it, and as long as they're happy that's all that matters!However, for some more "busty" girls a sticky bra probably wouldn't do it, as would going bra less. Not to get TMI, but I also have a pretty open backed uniform and my coach recommended no bra and it really hurts to jump. I eventually found a solution but sometimes you can't, and that kind of worries me. But again if everyone is comfy that's really what matters- good luck at NCA!

But, is the short term happiness worth the long term damage to their breast tissue? For anyone with any significant breast tissue, competing a season in a stick on bra WILL result in some lasting damage. No question. These girls don't realize that now, they just want to cheer.

But, is the short term happiness worth the long term damage to their breast tissue? For anyone with any significant breast tissue, competing a season in a stick on bra WILL result in some lasting damage. No question.
Very true. I am not very busty and honestly I don't think that would work for me even. I forgot to mention this but multiple people have cheered w/ stick on bras and had issues with them staying on mid-routine..

Back