All-Star New Uniforms At Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok, I am gonna get blasted for my comment but I'm a big girl and can take it. Just have to say it. I am looking at all the pics of the new unis and all I can think of is the girls must all be pretty flat chested cuz in quite a few of these I don't see how they could possibly wear a bra the way the backs and shoulders are cut. ex: Pittsburgh, Matrix and Cali's. Just call me old fashioned because I just think the uniforms are getting skimpier every year. No wonder TopGun is pushing the bar, they want to out-do everyone and if everyone is getting skimpy then TG has no course than to go overboard.

Ok said it, but that's my opinion. I am sure everyone will hate me for it. Oh well!

Ok, I am gonna get blasted for my comment but I'm a big girl and can take it. Just have to say it. I am looking at all the pics of the new unis and all I can think of is the girls must all be pretty flat chested cuz in quite a few of these I don't see how they could possibly wear a bra the way the backs and shoulders are cut. ex: Pittsburgh, Matrix and Cali's. Just call me old fashioned because I just think the uniforms are getting skimpier every year. No wonder TopGun is pushing the bar, they want to out-do everyone and if everyone is getting skimpy then TG has no course than to go overboard.

Ok said it, but that's my opinion. I am sure everyone will hate me for it. Oh well!

I totally agree with you. I myself am not flat chested in the least and my old cheer uniform I had to wear a thin bra because the thick support bras showed so it was very uncomfortable. I think cheer uniforms are becoming skimpier and skimpier. TG unis are way to skimpy and bathing suit like. But I still believe everything you said!

WHOA......those were for the semi team?! I thought they were for the IOC5! I would never in a million years let my 12 year old wear that...I would leave the gym regardless of their name or reputation......either that or she would show up with an underarmor shell under it for every comp.
I think they are appropriate for 14 and up but not preteens.

I have refrained from jumping in on this discussion, only because I think it is rather silly. At the end of the day it serves no purpose other than to tick off those that are OK with the uniform (AKA the parents of the team members & the team members themselves). It's not like all of the sudden any team is going to stop making uniforms of a certain type because some people on fierceboard didn't like them.

FACT: To this day, there are those that think the sport of cheerleading as a whole is inappropriate for girls because they show any skin at all and do dance moves that some find offensive. You are never going to make everyone happy because there will always be those that because of religion or ethnicity or personal upbringing will have a problem with it.

That said, can we turn this thread into something productive and positive?!?! How about we simply comment on the uniforms we liked and leave the ones we didn't alone. Unless of course it is your intent to tick people off. It's your right to say what you want, it is a message board, but just remember that your negative comments really serve no real purpose.

PS. For those of you who think the TG uniforms were not ok, don't EVER move to Miami. Our culture down here is one that is extremely shaped by the latin culture. We wear things down here every day that some up north would have a heart attack over. It's just our way of life. It doesn't make those that wear it any less moral than anyone else. It's simply a different culture that you will not understand if you do not live here.

Now... I'll start the NEW direction of this post...

I LOVED THE NEW ACE UNIFORM!! IT WAS FIERCE. And the CA uniform was stunning!!

;-)... see how easy that was!!

I was shocked that not only was ACE wearing new uni's, but they had red bows. I seriously almost fell out of my seat. Of course Warriors brought out the originals for Day 2. I really think I was more surprised at the red bows though...

-I LOVE ACE's new unis! They look sooo clean and simple on the floor! And i was realy shocked to see the white in it but it works soo good! And they most definitely pull off!
-Top guns uni just doesn't really seem practical for me, but top gun has always pushed the envelope on everything they do! Just wish the tops on the girls wouldn't show so much clevage but JMO.
-PSS i reallly like them and the one shoulder thing? amazing! I think alot of the teams next year will be wearing it! And all the colors seem to work really well together!
-World Cup SS i have always been a fan of their uniforms for this season and i think changing the font on it really added that flare that we've seen from staws! i really like they went with the bows because it really ties everything together! thats the world cup way ;)
-FAME i absolutely adore! The velvet looks soooo clean and just gorgeous all around! If i had that uni i wouldn't take it off! Props to the people who designed them!!
-T&S i really love the text (i think its screen printed like CA) it looks sooo good and i normally wouldn't expect that from twist and shout but i really think they pulled it off very well!
-Cali sparkle & unlmtd coed i adore anything that cali wears! Major props to their uniform designers!! I really love the straps on unlimiteds uni because its thin and double strapped but looks soo good on!! And sparkles uniform is sooo cute and flashy! Can't wait to see if they have another uni for the 2011-2012 season!
-SSX honestly, it took me a while to get used to it but now that i've seen it quite a few times im in love! i reallly like the teal and white with the stiching! and the mesh(?) down part of the sleeve with the rhinestones adds that pop on the floor! anyone know if theyre keeping these for the new season?

I really hope i didn't forget any teams on this thread because theres alot lol :)

I have refrained from jumping in on this discussion, only because I think it is rather silly. At the end of the day it serves no purpose other than to tick off those that are OK with the uniform (AKA the parents of the team members & the team members themselves). It's not like all of the sudden any team is going to stop making uniforms of a certain type because some people on fierceboard didn't like them.

FACT: To this day, there are those that think the sport of cheerleading as a whole is inappropriate for girls because they show any skin at all and do dance moves that some find offensive. You are never going to make everyone happy because there will always be those that because of religion or ethnicity or personal upbringing will have a problem with it.

That said, can we turn this thread into something productive and positive?!?! How about we simply comment on the uniforms we liked and leave the ones we didn't alone. Unless of course it is your intent to tick people off. It's your right to say what you want, it is a message board, but just remember that your negative comments really serve no real purpose.

PS. For those of you who think the TG uniforms were not ok, don't EVER move to Miami. Our culture down here is one that is extremely shaped by the latin culture. We wear things down here every day that some up north would have a heart attack over. It's just our way of life. It doesn't make those that wear it any less moral than anyone else. It's simply a different culture that you will not understand if you do not live here.

Now... I'll start the NEW direction of this post...

I LOVED THE NEW ACE UNIFORM!! IT WAS FIERCE. And the CA uniform was stunning!!

;-)... see how easy that was!!

My only problem with this is that pretty much every other part of the country does NOT dress like this. If y'all never left Miami, it wouldn't even matter...but you travel all across the country in the uniform.

Extreme comparison: if you lived in a nudist colony but liked to vacation in New York City, you would change your style when you traveled there. While at home in the nudist colony, you may be as naked as your heart desires. When traveling to places where the culture may deem such dress (or lack thereof) inappropriate or offensive, you would adapt and dress according to the culture of where you are travelling.

I agree with you that every single thing will be found offensive by someone, which is, like you said, all according to upbringing. Level of "appropriateness" is totally subjective. Pretty much everyone is not comfortable/familiar with the style of dress in Miami and, thus, said style will not be well-received by a majority of people...but that's a risk that y'all were willing to take. Ya'll essentially violated a cultural norm and people disagreed with your choice to do so.

Also...negative comments are the realization of a problem. Realization of a problem --> fixing said problem --> productivity. :) We could stand to express these "realizations" more respectfully than some have chosen to, though.

To end on a happy note: I fully agree...the ACE uniform is FABULOUS!

In person

Really liked SSX. Very fun. Loved the back. Maybe would have eliminate the mesh parts on the sleeve and just kept a teal stripe or something.

Agree! Actually think I liked the back better than the front and want to see it on backwards!

im going to start designing a new uniform for Top Gun for worlds next yr.. its going to be a body paint suit the girls are going to have to get to the venue 6hrs before their performance to paint the unis on!

My only problem with this is that pretty much every other part of the country does NOT dress like this. If y'all never left Miami, it wouldn't even matter...but you travel all across the country in the uniform.

Extreme comparison: if you lived in a nudist colony but liked to vacation in New York City, you would change your style when you traveled there. While at home in the nudist colony, you may be as naked as your heart desires. When traveling to places where the culture may deem such dress (or lack thereof) inappropriate or offensive, you would adapt and dress according to the culture of where you are travelling.

I agree with you that every single thing will be found offensive by someone, which is, like you said, all according to upbringing. Level of "appropriateness" is totally subjective. Pretty much everyone is not comfortable/familiar with the style of dress in Miami and, thus, said style will not be well-received by a majority of people...but that's a risk that y'all were willing to take. Ya'll essentially violated a cultural norm and people disagreed with your choice to do so.

Also...negative comments are the realization of a problem. Realization of a problem --> fixing said problem --> productivity. :) We could stand to express these "realizations" more respectfully than some have chosen to, though.

To end on a happy note: I fully agree...the ACE uniform is FABULOUS!

Negative comments are not the realization of a problem... they are the result of someone who didn't listen to their Grandmother. Negative comments won't lead to fixing of a problem if there is no problem to begin with, and in the teams opinion, as well as the parents, there is no problem. The IO5 team are all adults. If they have problems with the uni they can speak for themselves, and clearly the team liked them or they wouldn't have worn them. And comparing it to the girls being naked is just absolutely ridiculous. Seriously!?! They're wearing shorts and tops. I have seen bloomers expose more in stunts than these shorts ever will. And last I checked, I have seen no majority who don't like the uni.

My grandmother always used to say, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I'm going to stick with that one, because Grandmothers always know best. And by the way, my Grandmother loved the uni... and she lives in Arkansas!!!

I liked the Coed uniform. The TG style is innovative and pushes the envelope. These uniforms are no different. I wonder if finances and family economics played a role in the decision for the IO5 to wear them at Worlds. Most are after all college students on tight budgets. A revision before Worlds would have been pricey. My hope is that we will see that top reworked next season to give those girls confidence and security on the floor. I can't believe the TG owners want athletes distracted from the business at hand. That makes no sense. Like the WCSS uni thst needed revision I believe TG will do the same.

Negative comments are not the realization of a problem... they are the result of someone who didn't listen to their Grandmother. Negative comments won't lead to fixing of a problem if there is no problem to begin with, and in the teams opinion, as well as the parents, there is no problem. The IO5 team are all adults. If they have problems with the uni they can speak for themselves, and clearly the team liked them or they wouldn't have worn them. And comparing it to the girls being naked is just absolutely ridiculous. Seriously!?! They're wearing shorts and tops. I have seen bloomers expose more in stunts than these shorts ever will. And last I checked, I have seen no majority who don't like the uni.

My grandmother always used to say, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I'm going to stick with that one, because Grandmothers always know best. And by the way, my Grandmother loved the uni... and she lives in Arkansas!!!

Wow....okay

First of all, in general, noting that something might not be perfect is the only way to fix it. For example, when teams go through routines, coaches take the time to point out the "problem areas" and things that need to be changed. If they spent the whole time going "great job, perfect, flawless!", Suzie there in the back would have bent wrists for the rest of eternity. Noting a problem will fix it...ignoring it will not. I had to write an SAT essay last year about dissatisfaction prompting change, which is what my general idea there was. Anyway, I wasn't saying the uniform was a "problem", just disagreeing with your stance on expressing negative feelings.

Second, note I said "extreme" comparison. It was a comparison involving clothing and different cultural norms. Found it fitting and somewhat relative. I was not saying the girls were naked...not even close. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable with a different comparison: Say I travel to an area of the Middle East where women traditionally wear burkas. If I come in wearing shorts and a tank top, people would probably have a lot to say. I'm just pointing out the essence of the issue: when you spend your time in a culture different than your own, you should adapt appropriately.

Third, reading through this thread, a pretty solid majority of the posts regarding the uniform were not in favor of it. I did not take a poll of all of the people at Worlds on their opinion, but decided that if a discussion revolving around a uniform has a majority of people not totally digging it, that's probably the general consensus. Forgive me if I am incorrect and most people love the uniform and find it appropriate.

Fourth, I made no comments in saying that the team does not like the uniform or that they should say something about it, so I'm not sure why that's even relevant. Anyway. Obviously you all are surrounded by a culture in which this style of clothing is normal. I don't think it should be shocking when people outside of the culture don't agree with the choice of cut (which seems to be the big issue here) of the uniform. Y'all obviously live in a culture where it's appropriate, and, outside of said culture, it is not.

Fifth, the uniform was obviously designed to make a statement. Something so bold will always be commented on (which I assume was the intention), positively or negatively. Hoping that people will only say nice things is unreasonable on an opinionated message board about an opinion-based sport. Just because someone does not like the uniform and will tell you does not mean that they have poor manners, which is what it sounds like you're implying with your grandmother comment.

Sixth, if I ever make it to Arkansas, I'll say hi to your grandmother.

I don't think she was saying the girls look like they were naked, she was just making a cultural reference/comparison.

I'm going to get flamed for this, but that's ok. I'm a big girl. But I think the "we're from Miami and it's our culture" argument is kind of a cop out. No matter where you're from or where your gym is based out of, this is cheerleading. And I've said it for the past 5 years (even before these new uniforms came out in the past few years) and I'll say it again, cleavage should never show in a cheerleading uniform. Again, this is all just my opinion.

That being said, I do like the new uniforms! I just wish they were a little more high cut in the chest. =)

Back