High School Northeast Regionals... Let's Talk Abt It!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Last edited:
BT pyramid is off
The hook! Can't wait . Central will be amazing ! The northeast is packed with powerhouse teams!

HUNTERDON CENTRAL. I want to see them hit and place at least 2nd at Nationals.

NEWRO!

BT!

MT. SINAI!

and ST. HUBERT!
Are NY teams even allowed to compete? Winter season is just starting now that it's a sport and they have to have had a certain number of practices before their first competition.

Are NY teams even allowed to compete? Winter season is just starting now that it's a sport and they have to have had a certain number of practices before their first competition.
I am not sure... Anyone from NY able to answer??

I believe many teams have worked around this rule. I know St. Joes by the Sea and Ursuline are from NY and they are competing this weekend.

I believe many teams have worked around this rule. I know St. Joes by the Sea and Ursuline are from NY and they are competing this weekend.
Do they fall under different regulations because they are not a public school perhaps? I just know that out on Long Island competitions scheduled for early December have been canceled because of this. Our HS still in process of tryouts.

Do they fall under different regulations because they are not a public school perhaps? I just know that out on Long Island competitions scheduled for early December have been canceled because of this. Our HS still in process of tryouts.
Why so late?

Why so late?
It's tryouts for the winter season, which have to be done now that cheer is a two season sport. Most schools around here did them last week or this week but before that it wasn't allowed since it was still the fall season. Cp decided to try out so I am getting sucked back into HS cheer.

You are right they are not public schools so it could be different! But I do follow teams like Sachem North and Newro and it seems to be business as usual for them. I could be wrong. The NY empire regional is always the last one in mid December so they might be okay with the number of practices rule in place. I am guessing most competitive teams keep pretty much the same team and have the winter try out as a formality?

You are right they are not public schools so it could be different! But I do follow teams like Sachem North and Newro and it seems to be business as usual for them. I could be wrong. The NY empire regional is always the last one in mid December so they might be okay with the number of practices rule in place. I am guessing most competitive teams keep pretty much the same team and have the winter try out as a formality?
This is the first time there have been a second set of tryouts, and no one is sure if this will be the norm from now on or not (it might be) or how moving forward which competitions teams will or will not be allowed to attend (they will have to be state sanctioned ones). Cannot speak for NewRo but cp's good friend is on Sachem North and they are only attending one bid comp this season because of the new rules. It may very well be the NY Empire regional, but normally they attend more than one.
Two of cp's friends at another school just made varsity and they are still in middle school (8th grade). Their school did not previously pull up from 7th and 8th but now that it is a sport they can and they did. Heard that Sachem North might do same starting next year. Cp's HS is not as competitive compared to others by us but there is a shot that cp and another new girl will make varsity (fingers crossed). If things had not changed when they did, cp just would have tried out next season.

Teams are not happy because obviously choreo needs to be changed this late in the season but they knew that this was a possibility going into the season. Most coaches however truly believed that cheer becoming a sport in NY was going to be tabled by the state until February 2015 so that all of these changes would not have affected them this season.

Back