All-Star Ohio State Cheerleading Coach Passes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My3KidsMom

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Just wanted to pay my respects to one of the Ohio State Cheerleading Coaches. I went to High School with Joey Delaney and found out he passed away today. Someone said they believe from a heart attack but don't quote me on that as I am not positive. Joey cheered in High School on a Military base when it definitely wasn't cool for a boy to. He was always a positive person that brought a smile to everyone he knew. He was a beautiful man and I know he will be missed by everyone who knew him. RIP Joey
407379_2825599552394_1031170467_32261069_1075647264_n.jpg

How sad and terrible. He does look like a beautiful man! My prayers are with his family and friends.

I was told by a friend that he was playing Racquetball and had a heart attack and could not be revived :( Just seems so unreal that a young healthy man could pass this way!

Its so crazy to me how many peoples lives he was able to touch and influence. He always remained true to himself. I'm glad I got the pleasure of being in High School with him and got to know the beautiful individual that he was. Sad that my daughter won't get the privilege of getting to work with him at some point in her life.

i was lucky enough to have worked with joey multiple times with my teams. he was a great guy. it's both unbelievable and sad that he passed away so suddenly; thoughts and prayers go out to his team, friends, and family.

Back