All-Star Omar's Funeral/viewing ??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TXcheermom

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Any information would be great.

Texas Cheer team Red and The Texas Cheer staff, and Karma Returns are trying to send flowers to the viewing/funeral. I contacted Funeraria memorial and they do not have any information on him being there. I was then given the memorial plan candle funeral home to call and they have it pending but nothing final?? Can anyone give me confirmation on where to send these flowers please.

Thank you!!!

I did read somewhere that Omar's family was having trouble with funeral expenses, so perhaps a monetary donation in lieu of flowers might be appreciated.

We donated money and bought a good handful of tshirts as well :)

I had seen this posted "Fund wise we are actually to the point where we are anticipating being able to cover all of Omar's funeral expenses and we know that is largely in part to all of you and and the sacrifices each of you have made to help us through this. His family knew the impact cheer had on his life...but never expected anything like this and are beyond appreciative."

so we were just wanting to show some more love and send flowers as well :)

We donated money and bought a good handful of tshirts as well :)

I had seen this posted "Fund wise we are actually to the point where we are anticipating being able to cover all of Omar's funeral expenses and we know that is largely in part to all of you and and the sacrifices each of you have made to help us through this. His family knew the impact cheer had on his life...but never expected anything like this and are beyond appreciative."

so we were just wanting to show some more love and send flowers as well :)
Great news! I didn't see that. Thanks for the update.

Am I the only one that is wondering why nothing is being said about Carlos? I don't know if thats mean, so I'm sorry if it is, I was just wondering. RIP Omar & Carlos :(

I would guess the struggle Omar faced put his situation more in the spotlight. At the same moment where there might be hope for Omar Carlos had unfortunately passed. I think people tend to cling to hope. It wasn't on purpose, it just probably happened that way.

thanks kingston! I never knew the actual circumstances...so very sad for both these young men :(

I will be honest in saying I think that was the order of events. I might be a bit off, but if I'm correct that's probably what happened.

thanks kingston! I never knew the actual circumstances...so very sad for both these young men :(

i think king is 100% right. some of the initial updates were that he was pretty banged up, but things were looking good. most people said he was going to make it in the first day following the accident. then it became brain death and the heart wrenching decision to donate organs, etc. it was more of a "story," so to speak.

it also may slightly be because Omar was a current TG athlete and Carlos was an alumni. some of the younger kids may not have ever known Carlos, and the majority of updates and things i saw (mostly on twitter) were from current TG athletes.

Carlos' death was not any less saddening than Omar's; both were lost way too young and no parent should ever have to bury their child. ever. Just a devastating week for TG, really. Continued prayers for all involved.

And to Texas Cheer, that is very sweet of you! I hate seeing such tragedies, but the good that comes out of them is astounding!

I'm sorry I didn't see this post before now. The wake for Omar was Friday night and the funeral Saturday afternoon.

Back