All-Star Opinions On Really Small Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They also had a Redding location this season (which I think is closing). At least one of the comps we went to this season they swept the awards in 1,2 and 3 (all different locations). They may have beefed up their Summit team to 12, I thought it was smaller when we saw it, but in general they had really small teams this year. I think we talked about this before, but they used to be a powerhouse gym in the area and sort of disappeared off the Varsity circuit for a few years.
It looks like Redding and Modesto are gone this year...But the Youth 2 is still around. Somewhat surprised they didn't bump up.

Just a random factor I haven't seen considered, but safety may also play into a gym competing in a level 2 division, even with some athletes who may have level 3 skills. I feel like it would be better for the little ones to compete on a lower level team and spend time perfecting their tumbling technique over the year, rather than feeling pressured to get these level 3 passes because they need to 'be competitive in the division'. And for those girls who already have the level 3 skills? They don't feel pressured to get the next level and can also work on just improving what they already have. I dunno. Just a big fan of tumbling progressions and not rushing them because I've seen too many injuries result from improper form.

Small teams in the UK are very common. Some do well others not so much. The ones that excel have nearly all tumbling but tumbling is still an issue here

I saw that small youth 2 team at summit. They were very good. On Saturday they had a stunt issue/fall and still were in first place.

Thank you ❤️

I'm actually the coach of that team!
When we had that issue, also being the first team of that division/day in the North hall.. I was super nervous for day 1 results!!

It looks like Redding and Modesto are gone this year...But the Youth 2 is still around. Somewhat surprised they didn't bump up.

We actually don't have our youth 2 team any more :(

A lot of those athletes, bumped up to our jr 2 jr 3 and our new jr. Restricted 5..
I know BIG jump but this group of girls def spend a lot of time in the gym! Lol

Back