All-Star Outside Of Scoring What Do Coaches Find Frustrating About Competitions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've always wondered why some comp's warm up times aren't longer. The team with 18 level 2 girls can warm up all of their passes in 5 minutes, but for the senior 4 team with 32 kids with 3-4 skills each, 5 minutes isn't going to cut it.
i so hear you! i had a level 2 team last year with 32 kids who all tumble (team tumbling is rare in the uk) we had a spring strip not even the length of the floor to warm up on, my kids could only fit ro 2bhs and they dont run into passes.
we had to wait for the team before who had 1 kid who could tumble and watch them practice jumps etc on the track...now i get everyone should have the same warm ups but then my team of 32 tumblers had 4 minutes to tumble (luckily we train on a dead floor so they mostly used our 4 minutes on the full (dead) floor to warm up passes) i think i got through 16people

its just frustrating!

Its so true. I've also seen so many small competitions cater to gyms that bring in multiple teams. In the past few years there have been a few companies that have called and begged me to bring teams, even offering half priced entry fees, etc. We even competed free at one of the big national events last year.

Maybe I'm one of the few but as a coach, my team receiving first, doesn't determine wether we return or not next year. I love to win, but I don't want first given to me because they want to keep us happy. If we don't deserve it, whoever does should get it, regardless of how many teams they have. I don't care what place they give, if it's a poorly ran event or we have issues with the company I'm not coming back. If you have a great event, great staff, etc I'm coming back even if I get 12th place! I think some companies forget that if they run a respectable, on time, organized event that people will return and they won't have to beg anyone. Off my rant now...:D

And I can say as a parent, we only want to go back if there is quality competition ;) It seems like kind of a hollow win if a) you aren't competing against anybody and b) you beat 4 teams in your division that all seem like glorified rec teams or are based out of a dance studio.

At one competition in the UK, we were not allowed to bring no food or drink into the arena. Fair enough. But the only food they sold were gross unhealthy snacks, such as fries, hotdogs, ice cream and sweets. Really, we are athletes?

At one competition in the UK, we were not allowed to bring no food or drink into the arena. Fair enough. But the only food they sold were gross unhealthy snacks, such as fries, hotdogs, ice cream and sweets. Really, we are athletes?
thats almost like every comp in the u.s haha

when coaches check in is only open in the morning and your team doesnt perform till the night

Its not with teams so much as it is EP's or Head Judges or someone of that 'power'

Ive done judging for several smaller events and a few National. The stories that the judges around me tell are horrendous, and yes, I have experienced it first hand as a judge myself, so its not hearsay.

In my experience, the EP let me know that he changed my score so that team A could win because they brought a lot of teams to the event.

I don't judge anymore but if I did I would never go back to an EP that did this. And they should be openly discussed for these practices.

Ridiculous.

Back