All-Star Panthers Vs Senior Elite (you Knew It Was Coming)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Am I the only one pulling a McKayla Maroney over here, being all not impressed? Don't get me wrong, I know it's early and I know these teams are insanely talented. It's not the talent or even the difficulty that I'm not impressed by it's just the overall routine. SE's routine gives me convolutions because there is SO much going on I have no idea what to watch and Panthers routine just seems so vanilla.

Am I the only one pulling a McKayla Maroney over here, being all not impressed? Don't get me wrong, I know it's early and I know these teams are insanely talented. It's not the talent or even the difficulty that I'm not impressed by it's just the overall routine. SE's routine gives me convolutions because there is SO much going on I have no idea what to watch and Panthers routine just seems so vanilla.

And I'm just hoping that WCSS is 'just right' :rolleyes:

Twisters showcase is Sunday, November 18. World Cup showcase was supposed to be Wednesday, November 14 but was cancelled due to the hurricane. I'm not sure when their first competitions are.

WC Kickoff was Nov 14 and cancelled. Their first competition is scheduled for November 17th but not sure on the status of the competition as the venue is currently being used as shelter for those displaced. The next competition is December 2nd in that same venue.

As a Panther fan I found their routine very easy to watch and to see what skills were being executed at any given time. I think isolating certain skills to certain sides of the floor will play to their advantage. For instance in standing tumbling, I clearly knew that Panthers did Cartwheel Fulls, Standing/Toe Fulls and Hand Fulls were as I couldn't tell if Sr Elite did 3 to doubles or 2 to Doubles, I just saw the doubles.(This was based on my opinion after watching each team for the first time.)

Sr Elite however is a bit further along with the stunts and pyramid they are executing in their routine. I wish that with both teams, there was one point where all 9 stunts did the same skill at the same time. I like the creativity of the stunts from both teams but I would like to see everyone do the same thing besides double down together.

So maybe Peach, F5 or SS will be that right in the middle team you're waiting on! LOL ;)

WC Kickoff was Nov 14 and cancelled. Their first competition is scheduled for November 17th but not sure on the status of the competition as the venue is currently being used as shelter for those displaced. The next competition is December 2nd in that same venue.

It is looking like it will more than likely be the Dec. 2nd comp that will be the first. Nothing is confirmed yet and obviously it depends on how the weather is. Stars had their first practice back this week and look better than ever! I've got a feeling it's gonna be an epic season for the Large All-girl division;) Please keep well wishes for the athletes and their families as they try to repair the damage. Thanks.

I want panthers to win just to say they won... because i just love their music and I want it to be true <3
But then I want F5 to win because i love F5
But SE is amazing and reigning world champs...
SO MANY CONFLICTING EMOTIONS!

I can't seem to find a video of Panthers! The one posted on the 1st page has been removed, and i'm dying to see the routine

World cups first comp on the 17th was cancelled so you guys will probably see Stars December 1st, I think that was our second comp

Just a thought, but wouldn't Senior Elite's routine look less "cluttered" on a competition stage/mat? (perimeter around the mat with no spectators) I just think the shear amount of people and their proximity to the mat at their showcase plays a part in it looking "cluttered."

Now before I start let me just say I am not biased to ANY of the LAG teams. Almost every single year I have favored a different team.

The only part of Senior Elite's routine I have a problem with is their standing tumbling. It needs to be cleaned up A LOT in my opinion. But everything else... rock solid. Panthers has the advantage in standing tumbling. It took me a few views of their performance to really warm up to it because of how original and new it is but I'm really loving it. Their stunting is underwhelming at the moment, even if all of those stunts were hitting and not as watered down I would still be slightly underwhelmed. The running tumbling... Senior Elite wins that for me also. It has many more specialty passes rather than Panthers while still having more than one person doing it at the same time, even if it feels a bit... repetitive come the end of the tumbling. Senior Elite's pyramid destroys Panthers also but Panthers dance is killer.

Overall, standing tumbling and jumps in Panthers favor, pyramid, stunting, baskets, and running tumbling in SE's.

No I am not making any predictions because all the scoresheets are different and who knows which scoresheets will favor which routine. This is all personal opinion and SE takes the cake for me right now.

Back