OT Pets!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i have wanted a husky for all 20 years of my life. and i have vowed to get one the day i'm on my own. i'm so jealous. haha
Funny story I've wanted a husky all my life too lol, and now that im 21, about a month ago I went to the shelter and finally adopted one! (I got lucky they had one as perfect as him!) and I also have a yard for him now :) because he's def a handful lol

244drt4.jpg

Kinnley! I found her in a shed a few houses down not long after she was born, yet the rest of her liter was in my backyard with their mother.

Winnie is actually mostly fur. She's an itty bitty kitty, only about 5 pounds. Emkay isn't as big as she looks in the photo, I think it's just the way she's sitting. Rusty is just a big male cat.

I should post a picture of my mom's cat Zoi. Now that's a chunky kitty!! I put a picture on Facebook a while back of that cat when she fell asleep on my daughter's bed next to her cat Pillow Pet. It was hard to tell the difference. LOL!
IVE WANTED AN EXOTIC SHORTHAIR FOR SO LONG
omg. i seriously search photos of exotic shorthair kittens for houuursss and just laugh and laugh. theyre so cutee!

IVE WANTED AN EXOTIC SHORTHAIR FOR SO LONG
omg. i seriously search photos of exotic shorthair kittens for houuursss and just laugh and laugh. theyre so cutee!

Me too!! Before I got Rusty, I was on a mission that my next cat would be an Exotic Shorthair. I wish he had more of the squishy face and not the doll face, but he's still an awesome cat.

This is Bella Boo (aka Bad A$$ Bella), she's our 2 1/2 year old Siberian Husky
6dz3eu.jpg

This is Archie (12 year old English Pointer) and Lily (6 year old kitty)
2qasmdl.jpg

This is Simba (13 year old kitty)
34gstaw.jpg

And last but not least, Snickers, my daughter's hamster.
33c2dl5.jpg

So i have to preface this with a story so everyone gets the significance of how amazing this is.
I used to go to school with a girl named Cali, and she was literally, the very first friend i made when I moved to the town. We played field hockey, softball, basketball and ran track together, had about 4 or 5 classes together during middle school and were in the same homeroom in sixth grade, which is how we met. One of those classes was sixth grade Language Arts, and our teacher had nicknames for EVERYONE. Cali was "Calico". I moved to another school for high school and we kinda lost touch, but I never once forgot about how incredible she was and how good of a friend she was. She was killed a month ago (may 30th) in a terrible car accident.

Today, I got a phone call from my mom saying a baby kitten was living on my grandparents deck. I claimed the kitten as mine because the apartment I'm moving into next month is pet friendly, and my parents said no dogs, but a cat was acceptable. I started trying to think of a name right away. Then my mom said it was a calico kitten. The first thing I thought of was Mrs. Brookens always calling Cali "Calico," and started to consider that as a name, in honor of Cali. I sent this picture of the kitten to my boyfriend, who showed it to his mom. My boyfriend is from six hours away from where Cali and I grew up, and he never knew her, and his mom never knew of Cali's existence. Jer only knew because I told him about her accident. The text I got from him says "My mom said name it Cali, and when I asked why she said 'it's a calico cat.' I agree, it should be Cali." Later, I called my mom back, and she said my six year old cousin had been playing with it all night, and even named it. I was joking around saying well I claimed it, and asked what he named it. I started crying when she told me he named it "Cali." Several hours later, I'm in amazement at how Cali's memory is living on. Three people who never knew of Cali's existence are keeping her spirit and memory alive.

This is my new baby kitten, and her name is Cali. <3

4v4j80.jpg

Cali Lorriane Schryoer, I miss & love you, rest in peace Caligirl.

So i have to preface this with a story so everyone gets the significance of how amazing this is.
I used to go to school with a girl named Cali, and she was literally, the very first friend i made when I moved to the town. We played field hockey, softball, basketball and ran track together, had about 4 or 5 classes together during middle school and were in the same homeroom in sixth grade, which is how we met. One of those classes was sixth grade Language Arts, and our teacher had nicknames for EVERYONE. Cali was "Calico". I moved to another school for high school and we kinda lost touch, but I never once forgot about how incredible she was and how good of a friend she was. She was killed a month ago (may 30th) in a terrible car accident.

Today, I got a phone call from my mom saying a baby kitten was living on my grandparents deck. I claimed the kitten as mine because the apartment I'm moving into next month is pet friendly, and my parents said no dogs, but a cat was acceptable. I started trying to think of a name right away. Then my mom said it was a calico kitten. The first thing I thought of was Mrs. Brookens always calling Cali "Calico," and started to consider that as a name, in honor of Cali. I sent this picture of the kitten to my boyfriend, who showed it to his mom. My boyfriend is from six hours away from where Cali and I grew up, and he never knew her, and his mom never knew of Cali's existence. Jer only knew because I told him about her accident. The text I got from him says "My mom said name it Cali, and when I asked why she said 'it's a calico cat.' I agree, it should be Cali." Later, I called my mom back, and she said my six year old cousin had been playing with it all night, and even named it. I was joking around saying well I claimed it, and asked what he named it. I started crying when she told me he named it "Cali." Several hours later, I'm in amazement at how Cali's memory is living on. Three people who never knew of Cali's existence are keeping her spirit and memory alive.

This is my new baby kitten, and her name is Cali. <3

4v4j80.jpg

Cali Lorriane Schryoer, I miss & love you, rest in peace Caligirl.

I almost burst out into tears reading this.. I love when things have some deeper meaning behind it.. Also, your little kitty is ADORABLE!! I wish I wasn't allergic to cats so that my kitty would like me more :(

I almost burst out into tears reading this.. I love when things have some deeper meaning behind it.. Also, your little kitty is ADORABLE!! I wish I wasn't allergic to cats so that my kitty would like me more :(

Thanks :) I'm so excited to finally get the kitten. She's still at home with my parents (3 hours away). At first they weren't thrilled about me having a pet at all, but now my mom sends me updates about how she's playing with her, telling me how she's doing with litter training, and making appointments to get her first shots and spayed. haha

Thanks :) I'm so excited to finally get the kitten. She's still at home with my parents (3 hours away). At first they weren't thrilled about me having a pet at all, but now my mom sends me updates about how she's playing with her, telling me how she's doing with litter training, and making appointments to get her first shots and spayed. haha

aww!!! I love cats!! I just wish I wasn't allergic to them... It's funny because I have a cat and I had no idea I was allergic to his fur until we got him. We decided to keep him anyways :p

lXCcoach said:
I personally have 2 sugar gliders (little flying squirrels) they are white face, an they are about 5 months old. Abu is our boy, and stitch is the girl. they are actually twins and really hard to tell apart, but abu is def a little bit chunky :)

My family though, have 4 dogs, 3 cavalier king charles spaniels who are 2 yrs, and 1 cocker spaniel who is almost 15. We also have 1 cat, angel who is about 13 I believe, 2 fish, and my family also has their own sugar glider named roo who is 7 months old. I wish I had some pictures to post but I dont as of right now but I will try to get some here.

Awh:) Im in the process of convincing my mom to let me get one. If you don't mind me asking, are they very hard to take care of?

Back