All-Star Practice Schedule And More...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For level five, we practice 10-1 on Tuesday and Thursday, with a mandatory stretch class following that both days from 1-145. And no, we do not have captains.

we practice Tuesday's 6:30 to 8:30 and Sunday's 10 to 12. we're a 4.2 this season.
we don't have official captains but we basically have two of the older girls that take the role of captain.

Our Junior 2/3 practices 5 hours a week and our Senior 4 practices 6 hours a week. We do not have captains. When I coached school teams, choosing captains always caused so much drama that I would never introduce captains into our gym.

Our teams practice 2 nights a week - 2 hours each night, with 1 hour of team tumbling. Starting in September we add Saturday practices - (2 hours).
NO captains. personally do not like them & don't feel there is any need for them in all stars.

Our seniors (level 2/3, we'll see where they end up) will be Tues/Thurs from 6-8 and our IO6 is Tues/Thurs from 8-10. There's also tumbling on Sundays for 2 hours, but the hours haven't been decided yet.

We have a 'captain' on our IO6. Shes sort of more our ears on the floor and someone who just commands respect by how she acts. Our Seniors do not have one, and I doubt we will.

Our teams have a 2 hour tumbling and 3 hour cheer practice. In the cheer practice they do jump conditioning (a ton of this), I make them do jumps on the 8 counts to old music and then add in combo jumps with tumbling also, they do regular conditioning, transitioning work, tumbling, stunts and then cool down conditioning and then lastly more jump exercises.

Our 2-4 teams practice for 2 hours 2 days during the week and practice all together (4 teams) for 2 hours on sunday, for a total of 6 hours. Level 1 practice for 2 hours on Sunday.

We run our practices with a 15 min warmup and a 15-20 minute stretch. Typically we tumble first. Warm up on lines, squad tumble on lines starting with cartwheels all the way to the highest level skill for their team. Standing tumbling than corners. We start stunting with baskets than elites. We don't have our pyramid yet so we just work certain elements. We wrap up with jumps conditioning (which we separate bases and flyers) and a team meeting.

Sundays are a little different. We have 4 teams and about 8 coaches. We split the gym into 4 different stations, 1 for each team. Each team rotates in 25 min increments from tumbling, stunting, jumps, and conditioning. We LOVE Sundays, it helps the coaches who aren't specified head coaches for a certain team get to know more of the athletes and allows the athletes to receive different feedback. We also have 5 free hours of open gym throughout the week that is not mandatory but HIGHLY recommended!

I HATE having captains but our program owner insists on having them. In order to be considered for captain to have to prepare a speech to give in front of your team and the captain is voted on with the athletes votes counting as 40% and coaches 60%. We select only 1 full year captain and every month have a rotating captain based on who the coaches feel have been working the hardest and giving it their all.

and there's my book... sorry! :)

Mini level 2 practices on wednesday and fridays 2 hours that consist of tumbling, stunts, dance and conditioning.

my team practices on Thursdays from 7-9 and tumble on Wednesdays from 8-9 in the summer. We add practice for 2 hours on Sundays during the season. And we kinda have captains, the seniors and super senior lead stretching ,one takes attendance, and if our coach has to do something we usually work on jumps and they lead us in that but that's it they don't do anything else

I'm on a level 5 team and we practice 6-9 on Wednesdays and 4-7 on Sundays, but in August, we are changing the Sunday practice time to 3:30 to 8:30. Not sure if the change will be permanent or if it's just for August.

Last year my senior 4 team practiced from 6-8 on Wednesdays and had a mandatory tumbling class from 8-9 then we had practice on Sunday from 4:30-7:30.

And we didn't have captains but me and another girl were the leaders of the team and the motivators. Basically the ones who gave the team "coming to jesus" talks to motivate them.

Right now all of our teams practice for 3 hours on Sundays and 3 hours on one other night of the week. We also have tumbling classes on Saturdays and open gym as well. Once we get closer to competition time we may start having teams in more.
Also we don't have elected captains but there are always unspoken leaders on each team. The oldest or veteran kids normally.

Back