All-Star Prizes/giveaways....the Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I like the bow idea, I wish more comps did it. I literally have no more room for her hoodies and jackets, darn kid doesn't grow enough so I still have them from when she was a tiny, 5 years ago. BUT, I haven't had to buy sweatshirts in 5 years so I am ok with that part of it. Please American championships, no more garment bags. They leave the competitions and go straight into the give away bags. I love the idea of the pins but varsity needs to change them every season. Or have them event specific with the year on it. My son used to get pins from soccer tournaments and they had the name and year. And they changed the design every year so even if you went back to the same event it was a different pin.

CHEERSPORT BLANKETS <3

What did boys on those Grand Champ teams get instead of a bow?

My one request is if you're going to give out a hoodie/jacket/tshirt, PLEASE don't make them gaudy. I won my fair share of jackets in my day, but I was always too embarrassed to wear them to school because they were so.....out there. They might look good over uniforms but that's maybe twice a year MAX they would get worn. Not to mention I live in South Carolina and rarely does it even get cold enough to wear those heavy jackets. I think hoodies are a happy medium. Who doesn't love a good sweat shirt? My favorite that I own was the plain back All-Levels champion hoodie with small gold stones on the back spelling out "All Levels Champion" and a little logo on the front. Sometimes less is more.

(I didn't even compete at that competition, I had aged out before those all levels things existed. I stole one from a friend. haha)

CHEERSPORT BLANKETS <3

What did boys on those Grand Champ teams get instead of a bow?

My one request is if you're going to give out a hoodie/jacket/tshirt, PLEASE don't make them gaudy. I won my fair share of jackets in my day, but I was always too embarrassed to wear them to school because they were so.....out there. They might look good over uniforms but that's maybe twice a year MAX they would get worn. Not to mention I live in South Carolina and rarely does it even get cold enough to wear those heavy jackets. I think hoodies are a happy medium. Who doesn't love a good sweat shirt? My favorite that I own was the plain back All-Levels champion hoodie with small gold stones on the back spelling out "All Levels Champion" and a little logo on the front. Sometimes less is more.

(I didn't even compete at that competition, I had aged out before those all levels things existed. I stole one from a friend. haha)

those sweatshirts are my absolute favorite! I have a TON of jackets and sweatshirts but literally the only ones I wear are that one, the one from canam in myrtle beach annd my fleece battle at the boardwalk one from like 3 years ago... it's huge on me but so comfy it's worth it!

Nicest gifts ever were from COA Ultimate a few years ago.... nice towels and nice zip up championship jackets that were a little toned down I really like the bow idea if they are nice quality!

From personal experience my niece (6) loves getting an individual trophy

My sister (17) looks at them with disdain....but I did go to her room the other day and saw them all on her desk so maybe its all just a show....or maybe she had no where to hide them. Who knows.

I think this year American Superstarz gave out garment bags to ever participant. Ever time you turned a corner you heard some kid going "....but what is it?"

So I'd say yes to trophies for little ones....

No to garment bags for little ones... or anyone
I was at Superstarz this year, and I was so confused as to why they gave garment bags. Yeah, it's a good idea-to sell. Not very many 6 year olds want a garment bag. Many maaany many years ago this comp gave away cross body back packs. I got two, and still use them to this day. And they were great quality and have held up for probably 5 or 6 years. come on, superstarz!

It seems that many out there are not fans of medals, but I personally love them and hang them in my room for everyone to see. I like that its something I'll never grow out of or throw away. My medals from my youth years are hanging next to my medals from this year. Though, my gym doesn't go to as many of the larger competitions that give out medals each season, so maybe if I had so many that it became overwhelming I would feel the same way as many of you. The champion bow idea is great too!

16k6w5f.jpg

I was at Superstarz this year, and I was so confused as to why they gave garment bags. Yeah, it's a good idea-to sell. Not very many 6 year olds want a garment bag. Many maaany many years ago this comp gave away cross body back packs. I got two, and still use them to this day. And they were great quality and have held up for probably 5 or 6 years. come on, superstarz!

I have one of those cross body backpacks... I think I got it in 2004. I still use it sometimes.

this is my first year of all star cheer and i've never gotten a jacket, blanket, or back pack so i would truly love to get any of them! but i really like the spirit sports/all star challenge back packs :) i can always use another one

I never got anything at a competition... not even when we won the national championship (and being national champs over here is like being world champs in the US).
So I would've been more than happy to even get a medal that I could've kept.

cheer evolution is a canadian brand that usually gives out a variety of decent participant gifts/champion gifts
2zspjzl.jpg

^ nationals & provincials participant medals/bow
33jiptw.jpg

r7u7aw.jpg

^ nationals participant gifts last year & this year (2nd pic from tumblr-havent gotten mine yet)
pluti.jpg

^ national champion jackets & shirt
this years is the same as the shirt from 2011 just with National Champion on back & they gave out hoodies in 2010
For individuals & stunt groups last year they gave out gorgeous bows, but not too sure about this year:
2wq7cxk.jpg

ETA: I also forgot that National Champions get a sling bag too! Mines in the car but they are decent, not the worst quality but not the best

Latest posts

Back