All-Star Prizes/giveaways....the Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I asked Amber what she thought and here's her answers.
She's had enough of metals (unless it's a World's metal)
NCA Jackets are the BEST!!!
She wants the FABULOUS Cheer Sport Blanket (her Boyfriend has one he loves)
She wants a BP like the Spirit Sports one.
Like a cool anklet or bracelet.
A headband/bow
Key chain bows are always a hit!!

Even though alot of the stuff is Junk, I have Everything ever received participant gifts, coaches gifts, etc.... All since the late 80's!!!!! Some of the Coaches gifts that I have LOVED recently were the Backpack recieved by Spirit of Hope Nationals "12" Nfinity Backpacks...were Sweet!!!!! Tshirts, hoodies, jackets-which I collect! Medals too! Beach stuff is always fun:towels, sunglasses, etc... Flash drives, videos, photos, all of that fun stuff! The garmet bags-?????????????????? what. I have many left over still wrapped, that kids forgot, or didn't want-EEK!!!!! Someone will use them i am sure if i put them out on a yardsale for like a Quarter or something!:fro:

You get some pretty cool things in the US though. At least compared to us in the UK.
In my 8 years of cheering I've collected 5 Scotcheer tshirts, two Scotcheer medals and a BCA medal. I do wear the tshirts but the medals are just collecting dust.
I like the idea of the blankets. That's pretty cool. Bows too. You can never have enough bows. I'll take any kind of tshirt, I definitely don't have enough cheer tshirts as not a lot of squads here have proshops where you can buy them and my university squad hasn't had any tshirts for me to trade with. And not many EP's here give out tshirts. Scotcheer definitely does, and I think they had one at Jamfest Europe but I'm not sure. Scotcheer also used to give you a DVD of the division you first performed in for free but I don't think they do that any more, I haven't had one since 2006 anyway.

At cheerpower everyone gets a DVD of their performance....LOVE!

I like when the 1st-3rd place winners get individual medals. (hate participant medals).

T-shirts are ok, i Also plan On making a t shirt quilt someday. I'm over drawstring bags.

[This includes champions gifts and participant gifts]

• LOVE medals. Especially shiny ones.
  • If you're going to give out backpacks, give ones that can fit more than one shoe in them, that are actually useful, and that actually have the ability to be carried around comfortably. The UCA drawstring backpacks weren't bad this year.
  • You can't go wrong with hoodies and I don't mind new tshirts (as long as they fit)
  • If it's going to be a jacket, make it like NCA: classy, sleek-looking, not too gaudy. No trashbag jackets (ahem, UCA) and not cotton that shrinks after one washing and the zipper falls off.
  • Jackets with the nice(er) material, like Jamfest Indy or All-levels (i think)/US Finals are preferable.
  • PLEASE no "garment bags." If we have need for one, we already have one, and what you give us doesn't even qualify.
  • I think American Cheer Power gave out purses? LOL no. Just no. There were too many laying in the bleachers to count, take a hint.
  • Bows are an okay idea, if they are nice ones.
  • I like the idea of CD's with action shots or your performance on them, but it'd probably be cheaper just to make them available online.
  • Cheersport blankets. Perrrfection. Can never have enough.
  • Tampons. If we need them, we already have them. Dont bother.
  • Jamfest Indy gave out travel pillows, they were okay except I never used it and it was annoying carrying it around.
  • I like getting pins, maybe EP's could give ones to champions.

Yeah.. I was going to add that on to my post but I couldn't remember what competition that was... But the medals are nice & the winners get jackets & they're pretty nice so, I couldn't complain too much about what I took home that day :)

Bwahahaha...It was at a UCA regional I think that some of our minis got a bag with some tampons in it. The parents were all like where did that come from and why do they have it and the older kids were like they gave us all one after we performed. We were like hmmm....ok. haha

As far as all the other things my daughter has received she pretty much loved them all. Metals, bow and back pack (both from BUTBT), jackets- even though the American Superstarz was a little hard to read lol but she still loved it, even the garment bag she liked. The towels and blankets are a really nice idea but she hasnt gotten any of those. I think she would love them though. Tees and Hoodies too since all she wears is cheer clothes :rolleyes:
UCA gave them to us during a camp my school went to!!

I'm not sure about other comps but UCA is sponsored by a tampon company along with the other "gifts" so think of it more as a "swag bag".

Note: If your going to award t-shirts, hoodies, zippies, jackets - MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH SIZES! Nothing annoys me more at a comp than having to tell a kid "no they don't have YOUTH S, here is your ADULT L"

Now with that being said, MOST gifts are only worn once or twice then stuffed in the trunk or closet.

• i love cheersport blankets. i wish more competitions would give them out.
  • One of the competitions i went to this year they gave out participant bows. i think it was queen of the nile? they were cute, but the only thing i could wear them with was the comp tshirt.
  • i've never gotten a bow keychain, but i love keychains, so that would be great!!
  • i can never get enough of the athletic championships sweatshirts. i love sweatshirts (as long as they aren't too crazy)
  • national champion tshirts are awesome as long as they aren't crazy
  • i hate drawstring bags, i have SO many.
  • i've never seen a competition that gives out track shorts as a participant gift. that would be awesome.. i can't get enough track shorts.

At spirit celebration, the girls got these.. I don't even know. It was like a stretchy material in a circle. No one could figure out what it was.

I just got rid of over 30 freebie cheer bags. I like to get T-shirts because I wear them as PJs and medals because I keep them in shadow boxes on my wall. Anything else is just collecting dust.

Back