All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe this was asked before, but... does anyone know how many squads compete for a D2 bid? Or how many total squads (including squads that attempt multiple times)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe this was asked before, but... does anyone know how many squads compete for a D2 bid? Or how many total squads (including squads that attempt multiple times)?

That's pretty much impossible to answer. You could go through every single comp that offers bids and count the number of teams (which would be crazy lol). But even still the divisions aren't always split D1 vs D2 and there are gyms out there that do not go for bids and you can't really account for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That's pretty much impossible to answer. You could go through every single comp that offers bids and count the number of teams (which would be crazy lol). But even still the divisions aren't always split D1 vs D2 and there are gyms out there that do not go for bids and you can't really account for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree that would be a challenge! But I have to believe that there are stats out there somewhere with numbers. Companies, businesses, whatever love measureables...

Yeah, I agree that would be a challenge! But I have to believe that there are stats out there somewhere with numbers. Companies, businesses, whatever love measureables...

Varsity might have that info, but I doubt they would ever share it if they do.

Random but that feeling you get when a JV parent emails you a tryout question and it hits you that:

1. This season is coming to a close.

2. You need an offseason and there really isn't one.

3. Tis the season for being pressed about tryouts and you are not ready.

So I have short hair and have to do a half up ponytail for comps. Ofcourse there is not much hair in the ponytail, so does anybody have a tip how to tease it, that it still likes big and is atleast visible above the bow? :)

Gesendet von meinem ZTE BLADE A612 mit Tapatalk

To make matters worse, it’s 4 straight weeks for those who go to high school nationals in FL. 4 straight travel weeks and 3 Disney trips in 2 months.

So I have short hair and have to do a half up ponytail for comps. Ofcourse there is not much hair in the ponytail, so does anybody have a tip how to tease it, that it still likes big and is atleast visible above the bow? :)

Since you're only doing a half pony I would go to a salon that does extensions and ask if they can sell you a few individual clip in wefts (they usually have some laying around they're willing to let go for cheap) and clip them into your "half up". Tease those. Adds hair thus volume.

Can you do a headband or bow clip instead?

If you put two hair ties in before your bow, it’ll stand up off of your head more. Then you can put the hair tie for your bow on top of the lower one, which will make your pony visible bc the center of your bow will be lower. Then you won’t have to tease as much to get it to show! That’s what I did (another fierceboarder clued me in, actually!)

Attending Battle at the Capitol for the first time this weekend as a spectator! Any tips from people who've attended before?? I live and go to school in DC so not worried about transportation or anything like that. More so just insider info about food, whether it usually runs late and all that jazz! Im so excited!!!

How are the base scores for routines determined at NCA? Do other competitions use base scores as well?

It is important to note that your "raw score" is NOT just about difficulty. It your total score (before deductions) that includes difficulty, technique, and subjective elements like performance and creativity. It is NOT necessarily true that a low "raw" score means that your difficulty was too low or routine was too easy.

Back