All-Star Rhinestones Coming Off Uniform

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

MzLyn23

Cheer Parent
Sep 16, 2014
Does anyone know a quick fix for rhinestone literally hanging on by a millimeter... My CP got a used uniform and I didn't really check the uniform before washing (but I did follow Varsity instructions so gentle cycle etc). I air dried it. I was checking the stones cause one looked "flipped over" and noticed its literally hanging there. I know theres probably a million ways but I want to do it correctly.

Any ideas, I am searching on google and not finding to much when it comes to cheer uniforms.

Thanks

Not sure on the fix but our Varsity uniforms I've always done the gentle cycle wash, however our Varsity rep told us with this new uniform that has rhinestones to hand wash only then air dry. I've been doing that to her AS uniform now for over a year and we have no rhinestones loose or missing. So just for future reference try hand wash.

Hope you get an answer for fixing.

Not sure on the fix but our Varsity uniforms I've always done the gentle cycle wash, however our Varsity rep told us with this new uniform that has rhinestones to hand wash only then air dry. I've been doing that to her AS uniform now for over a year and we have no rhinestones loose or missing. So just for future reference try hand wash.

Hope you get an answer for fixing.

Thanks! Yea I use the hand wash only cycle on the machine. I was looking in my craft stuff and found clear embellishment glue for fabric. Read the directions. And tried a tiny dot to see if that will hold. Hopefully it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually found fabric fusion for embellishments (thank u crafts and sewing box lol). Tried it. It's been drying for about 30 mins and looks good. I think it worked. I'm gonna wait a little more. If it's looks strong then I'm gonna check one by one (the stones). It was a used uniform so I should have expected some loose stones just hadn't checked before washing... Lesson learned

Sorry I meant I hand wash in a sink, like for real hand wash so I can avoid rubbing the stones.

Hope that will work for you to fix it. Sounds like it should. Good luck

If you have the rhinestone use E6000. If the stone is gone, buy the Swarovski crystals, the hot fix ones, and use a hot fix tool to attach the new crystals. This is what I have always done. I hate seeing glue on a uniform...

E6000 will eat the rhinestone backing if it's not a real Swarovski crystal so be careful when using it!

Thanks! Yea I use the hand wash only cycle on the machine. I was looking in my craft stuff and found clear embellishment glue for fabric. Read the directions. And tried a tiny dot to see if that will hold. Hopefully it works.

I only use woolite and hand wash in the sink. The washing machine hand wash cycle is still a big NO for uniforms.

Back