All-Star Scores From Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I get irritated by ep's not putting out the scores. It's not like I want to know deductions or individual breakdown of the sheet I just want to know how our team did in relation to the other teams in the division. Did we lose by 2 points? 0.5 points?
I've been really baffled by this "percentage of execution (or is it perfection)" score. How does that work? Do the coaches send a routine breakdown so the judges know what the routine should look like it hit perfectly?

Our coach this year is sharing the score sheets whenever possible by posting on our team page which I love...so I am now able to start to educate myself on the process. (along with the internet)

Ok I will go out on a limb and share what what I think % of perfection is as it relates to varsity. The score is calculated comparing the team's actual score as it relates to the highest possible score for that level - which I believe is fixed for each level. % of perfection allows one to compare across the levels. You can't compare a final score of a level 1 team versus level 3 team - but you can compare their % of perfection...how close they are to their target.

Those in the know feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.;)

Our coach this year is sharing the score sheets whenever possible by posting on our team page which I love...so I am now able to start to educate myself on the process. (along with the internet)

Ok I will go out on a limb and share what what I think % of perfection is as it relates to varsity. The score is calculated comparing the team's actual score as it relates to the highest possible score for that level - which I believe is fixed for each level. % of perfection allows one to compare across the levels. You can't compare a final score of a level 1 team versus level 3 team - but you can compare their % of perfection...how close they are to their target.

Those in the know feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.;)

You are correct.

You basically are putting the points you scored over the points possible and convert that to a percent. This way teams can be compared across levels like this.
This is how I do it and just solve for X

zyte2u2u.jpg

So technically in this situation your hypothetical level 4 had a better perfection score.

So if they are handing out summit bids usually they will calculate all these then put them in order!

ETA: or what they said. I should read everything lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You basically are putting the points you scored over the points possible and convert that to a percent. This way teams can be compared across levels like this.

zyte2u2u.jpg

So technically in this situation your hypothetical level 4 had a better perfection score.

So if they are handing out summit bids usually they will calculate all these then put them in order!

but you showed an example...well done.:p

but you showed an example...well done.:p
Lol well I didn't show my work on the example but I decided everyone knew how to cross multiply then divide to find X. Good thing I'm not in school anymore my teacher hated when I did this :)

Last edited:

zyte2u2u.jpg

Wow, thanks for this information...I am still new to this sport and I would see all these numbers with perfection scores and the Summit Bids being awarded and walk away scratching my head!!! So for a newbie, just knowing the placement of the teams is good enough, but I know later on I will learn all the technicalities behind the scoring...eventually!

The percentage of perfection as illustrated and described above is correct. It evens everything out across levels. It's why a level 1 or 2 can have the highest score of a competition.

The percentage of perfection as illustrated and described above is correct. It evens everything out across levels. It's why a level 1 or 2 can have the highest score of a competition.
Or win!

Last edited:

Is the percentage of perfection formula to be used for all Summit bid awards?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Is the percentage of perfection formula to be used for all Summit bid awards?

Depends on what the declaration says but generally yes.

For instance at some comps they will say 1 to each level. In this case then they wouldn't need perfection scores to be calculated because everyone is on a level playing field and they could simply take the highest in each level.

But if they said we are going to give 5 paid bids to the highest scoring eligible teams regardless of division then the percentage of perfection scores would be the deciding factor as a level 3s score would always be higher then a level 2. So this way it could possibly end up to multiples within the same level.

Depends on what the declaration says but generally yes.

For instance at some comps they will say 1 to each level. In this case then they wouldn't need perfection scores to be calculated because everyone is on a level playing field and they could simply take the highest in each level.

But if they said we are going to give 5 paid bids to the highest scoring eligible teams regardless of division then the percentage of perfection scores would be the deciding factor as a level 3s score would always be higher then a level 2. So this way it could possibly end up to multiples within the same level.

Thanks. This makes sense. I guess if the EP doesn't have a bid declaration and doesn't release scores, we just have to assume they used the percentage method and calculated correctly.

I am an analytical geek and I am positive I am the reason coaches wouldn't want parents with too much information. I go to the Varsity Portal and print off every Varsity All Star event. I then go through and put down the teams that are in cp's division at every event. Then I go back, and I hope for a score, but usually only get placement. When we get close to Cheersport and NCA, I put them by rank and the date they received that score. I then Google video's and compare difficulty, jumps, and tumbling. I would never dare go to a coach with my little charts, graphs and video's, however, let's face it, I am the parent they fear.

I am an analytical geek and I am positive I am the reason coaches wouldn't want parents with too much information. I go to the Varsity Portal and print off every Varsity All Star event. I then go through and put down the teams that are in cp's division at every event. Then I go back, and I hope for a score, but usually only get placement. When we get close to Cheersport and NCA, I put them by rank and the date they received that score. I then Google video's and compare difficulty, jumps, and tumbling. I would never dare go to a coach with my little charts, graphs and video's, however, let's face it, I am the parent they fear.
my hero...

Latest posts

Back