OT show your bows :D

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Here's all my bows that I have for sale. Message me on either Facebook or here if you'd like to purchase one. I am getting more ribbon soon so I'll have more! Facebook

Here's all my bows that I have for sale. Message me on either Facebook or here if you'd like to purchase one. I am getting more ribbon soon so I'll have more! Facebook
If I could suggest some stuff:

-Make sure that everything is as even as possible. You wouldn't want a bow in your hair that has one tail an inch longer than the other.
-Heat seal your ends. It looks much more professional and it will help the bows to last longer. Just quickly run a lighter over the edge of the tail and it will be sealed. No more fraying!
-If you're layering ribbons/fabric on top of each other, make sure you secure them down! You don't want a floppy bow.
-For cutting V's in the tails, fold the ribbon in half and just cut a diagonal line. It'll be perfect every time.

Good luck!

If I could suggest some stuff:

-Make sure that everything is as even as possible. You wouldn't want a bow in your hair that has one tail an inch longer than the other.
-Heat seal your ends. It looks much more professional and it will help the bows to last longer. Just quickly run a lighter over the edge of the tail and it will be sealed. No more fraying!
-If you're layering ribbons/fabric on top of each other, make sure you secure them down! You don't want a floppy bow.
-For cutting V's in the tails, fold the ribbon in half and just cut a diagonal line. It'll be perfect every time.

Good luck!

Thank you! I try to make them as even as possible but sometimes they just don't cooperate. I have an irrational fear of lighters but maybe I can get my brother to do it :p Some of them are sealed down and others are floppy on purpose. I've done that and it works most of the time. I need new scissors though because they won't always cut how I want them to. Thanks though!

29453kw.jpg
What are these kind of bows called?

i know the answer was in this thread somewhere, but with 89 pages, i don't have the time to look through it all... Admin F!ERCE anyone else that has found the tricks...

what do you guys use to bond fabrics together, what is the best type of fabric to use and what is the best way to keep the edges from fraying? i've tried almost everything from fabric stores, and nothing wants to work for me--every single bow frays like no other.

i know the answer was in this thread somewhere, but with 89 pages, i don't have the time to look through it all... Admin F!ERCE anyone else that has found the tricks...

what do you guys use to bond fabrics together, what is the best type of fabric to use and what is the best way to keep the edges from fraying? i've tried almost everything from fabric stores, and nothing wants to work for me--every single bow frays like no other.

I always used hot glue to bond and clear nail polish to seal the edges. Not the most exciting ways, but they were efficient and held up well.

I always used hot glue to bond and clear nail polish to seal the edges. Not the most exciting ways, but they were efficient and held up well.

someone else told me nail polish today as well, that's definitely my next try! thanks!

If you use spandex, you shouldnt have a problem with fraying. But anything else will. What I would do is bond the fabric to the ribbon using heat n bond lite and then use a wood burner that you can get at any craft store or walmart and run it down the sides of the ribbon/fabric. That should put a stop to any fraying that may be happening.

i'll be looking for one tomorrow. thank you!!

Back