Skill Levels For Hs Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

D

Deleted member 11300

Hey...new to the list and to school cheer, but old hat with All Star. Someone told me that High School cheer doesn't really have levels (1 thru 5) when it comes to competitions. Is that true? I know they have "tumbling" and "non tumbling", but with tumbling, no levels? Seems like if you don't have alot of all star girls on your team, you are just SOL. :(

hs does not have levels but i wish it did!
because it is hard at comps if you have to compete against fulls when ur team has handsprings

Tumbling is a major issue for my friend who coaches. Even with a team who can backhandspring and maybe one or two tucks, they never make it to finals at nationals because other teams have tucks and layouts and maybe a full! It's hard for me to watch them not make it to finals because they have so much heart and determination, but they just can't afford tumbling classes or privates.

Tumbling is a major issue for my friend who coaches. Even with a team who can backhandspring and maybe one or two tucks, they never make it to finals at nationals because other teams have tucks and layouts and maybe a full! It's hard for me to watch them not make it to finals because they have so much heart and determination, but they just can't afford tumbling classes or privates.

So why doesn't the schools get together and start a campaign of letter writing ande phone calls to get a levels system in the school competitions? Sooooooo many schools are competing now. There needs to be more of a level playing field like all star, don't cha think?

Back