All-Star Small Limited Level 5 Worlds Top 5 Predictions (2010)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mnklei01 said:
do u think its worth the risk? ex: they had that group basically fall on the stretch to scorp? not saying anything.. it was their first comp but just curious
'

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I don't have the video on this computer to check, but doesn't GT do FULL UP, then FULL AROUND, then BALL UP STRETCH? and didn't one of the ball up stretches fall at the first comp?? Like I said, I don't have the vid, but I feel like one of them did. Now whether or not it did, why is GT doing 3 elite mounts?? Does that really give you guys extra points on the score sheet. If I was a judge, I would give Brandon's stunt base score between a 8.8-9.0 and GT's stunt base score between a 8.7-8.8. Both EXTREMELY high, but yes, I do feel like Brandon's stunt sequence will pay off a bit more and help them take that top spot.
Again, I'm not trying to be negative or offensive to you "mnklei01" or GymTyme in any way. If you have taken it offensive, I appologize. I'm blown away by the talent on both teams and can't wait to see where the season takes you guys!!

Ja-Mez
07-09 Tribe Chiefs BACK TO BACK NCA NORTH TEXAS CLASSIC GRAND CHAMPS!!
07-09 Tribe Chiefs BACK TO BACK NCA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!
08-09 Tribe Chiefs WORLDS SILVER!!

Ja-Mez said:
mnklei01 said:
do u think its worth the risk? ex: they had that group basically fall on the stretch to scorp? not saying anything.. it was their first comp but just curious
'

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I don't have the video on this computer to check, but doesn't GT do FULL UP, then FULL AROUND, then BALL UP STRETCH? and didn't one of the ball up stretches fall at the first comp?? Like I said, I don't have the vid, but I feel like one of them did.!

no, the ball ups were put in before their 3rd competition

Ja-Mez said:
mnklei01 said:
'

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I don't have the video on this computer to check, but doesn't GT do FULL UP, then FULL AROUND, then BALL UP STRETCH? and didn't one of the ball up stretches fall at the first comp?? Like I said, I don't have the vid, but I feel like one of them did. Now whether or not it did, why is GT doing 3 elite mounts?? Does that really give you guys extra points on the score sheet. If I was a judge, I would give Brandon's stunt base score between a 8.8-9.0 and GT's stunt base score between a 8.7-8.8. Both EXTREMELY high, but yes, I do feel like Brandon's stunt sequence will pay off a bit more and help them take that top spot.
Again, I'm not trying to be negative or offensive to you "mnklei01" or GymTyme in any way. If you have taken it offensive, I appologize. I'm blown away by the talent on both teams and can't wait to see where the season takes you guys!!

Ja-Mez

to be honest i dont even know why we do so much? i basically crap my pants before we do the stunt every time because there is always such high risk.. the full up full arounds make me nervous enough and then we have to do a ball up after

i wasnt directing it towards brandon.. they were just a perfect example b/c their stunt is even harder.. im wondering in general if its worth the risk.. for them i see it as a good risk seeing their tumbling isnt quite up to par for the division(or at least yet) but i was just wondering in general.. and yes we didnt put our ball ups in until WSF.. actually for the first comp i recall that we only did full ups.. power pressed and tapped out straight up to stretch..

CheerKatie08 said:
Ja-Mez said:
mnklei01 said:
'

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I don't have the video on this computer to check, but doesn't GT do FULL UP, then FULL AROUND, then BALL UP STRETCH? and didn't one of the ball up stretches fall at the first comp?? Like I said, I don't have the vid, but I feel like one of them did.!

no, the ball ups were put in before their 3rd competition

gotcha, yeah I don't know what comp it was that I'm speaking of. If it was their 1st,2nd, or 3rd comp, but I do know it was NCA Classic Nashville. I'll be home in a couple hours to check.

a-Mez

now that i re-read it let me add one thing/re say what i was trying to explain lol.. dont really mean the risk but how much more points do they get for the stretch to scorp when they already did the kick kick switch up or whatever and the full up immediates?(which are beautiful by the way) they by far are the best stunters just curious how much extra it helps them.. just interested to see how it plays out

mnklei01 said:
this is not trying to be biased at all.. but i do not feel that they are the best all around team.. not saying the best all around team always wins but to be honest im not sure if their tumbling is quite up to par.. the double toe two to fulls are amazing and look great but their boys only two to double? and looks like they only have one girl double from standing tumbling

Well 3 of 4 boys are the same from last year so they all have 1 to doubles. 2 girls did two doubles in the video I saw (there are 3 in the formation). I think they'll be fine in the tumbling department.

What people are forgetting when they do these crazy stunts now, is that if they don't hit well or are barely hitting at all, your execution score is going to go down, so say (just cuz Ja-Mez said it earlier) Brandon got an 8.8 out of 9 on their stunt and Gt got an 8.7 on theirs saying that Brandon had the stunt issue and Gt had a bobble or 2 on Full Arounds, Brandons Execution score could be .5 or .6 where Gt could get a .7 or .8 and make up for it there.

HeyimA said:
mnklei01 said:
this is not trying to be biased at all.. but i do not feel that they are the best all around team.. not saying the best all around team always wins but to be honest im not sure if their tumbling is quite up to par.. the double toe two to fulls are amazing and look great but their boys only two to double? and looks like they only have one girl double from standing tumbling

Well 3 of 4 boys are the same from last year so they all have 1 to doubles. 2 girls did two doubles in the video I saw (there are 3 in the formation). I think they'll be fine in the tumbling department.
I think she was more comparing the 2 to whip doubles, or full doubles to just two to doubles, which (again) depending of execution could turn out to be the same thing at some competitions.

CheerNerdDcMw said:
HeyimA said:
mnklei01 said:

I think she was more comparing the 2 to whip doubles, or full doubles to just two to doubles, which (again) depending of execution could turn out to be the same thing at some competitions.
:high 5:

HeyimA said:
mnklei01 said:

I agree.

We never really had crazy tumbling but always scored pretty well.
Im pretty sure this year they'll max out in standing tumbling with the one to fulls, toe fulls, double toe two to fulls, and the 6/7 various standing to doubles . Only one person on the team doesnt do a running tumbling pass ending in atleast a full. I wouldnt say their running tumbling is as strong as their standing, but its right up there.

Nor Cal looks real good.. Im kinda lookin fwd to them getting a bid and maybe even top 10??? anybody disagree?

Back