College Southern Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 26, 2011
Hey y'all! I need a little help! It's getting time where I need to start looking at colleges to cheer at and I need help! I would love to stay in the south because I hate cold weather and I don't want to be too far from my family. I want a scholarship, but it's okay if I don't get one. Right now my main choice is UCF, not only for the Cheerleading but I love the school and location!! Florida is where I would prefer to be. Any other coed teams in the south that y'all think I should look at? Thanks:)

How about the University of Central Florida? The Golden Knights are a constant top 3 finisher in the UCA College Nationals which includes two titles (2003 and 2007).

How about the University of Central Florida? The Golden Knights are a constant top 3 finisher in the UCA College Nationals which includes two titles (2003 and 2007).
That is the team I was talking about when I said UCF! I know, they are amazing :)

Do they have to be competitive? And you said you don't want to be too far from home, how far is too far?

South Carolina (NCA)
Clemson (NCA)
Florida (NCA)
Florida State (UCA)
Florida International (NCA)
South Florida (UCA)
Georgia (NCA)
Georgia Southern (NCA)
West Georgia (NCA)
Tennessee (UCA)
Louisiana State (UCA)
This is all I can think of at the moment, I didn't know if you wanted all girl or coed so there's a mix in there. I may have gotten the organisations wrong for some of them :confused:

http://forum.fierceboard.com/wiki/us-college-cheerleading-programs-by-state/ <-This has a list for some states but it isn't complete

North Carolina and West Virginia are east of Kentucky, so they might be in your scope as well. I know for sure:

North Carolina State (NCA) D1A Large Coed, Small Coed, All Girl, & All Girl Intermediate
University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill (NCA) All Girl Intermediate
University of North Carolina- Charlotte (NCA) D1 Small Coed?
West Virginia University- (NCA) All Girl Intermediate
Methodist University- (NCA) Small Coed D1
Wake Forest University- (NCA) Coed Intermediate

Last year Alabama won UCA nationals (coed) And UGA is awesome! I had looked into going there myself, and the school is really cool.

Back