All-Star Spray Tan Stains In White Uniform

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 12, 2011
I'm washing my teams uniforms and several have stains on them. Half the team had been using a spray tanning product, 3 of them got stains in their uniform, all around the armpits so I guess it's been a chemical reaction between the spraytan product and deoderant? it's a light orange/pink color stain. I've washed the uniform already but the stain didnt come out.
Anyone else had this problem? Ideas on how to get these stains out? We've only worn these uniforms once, so it would be so sad if they were ruined already.

also some tips on how to keep the uniforms in good shape, we have mesh and mystic fabric and rhinestones on them.

Zote soap. You can buy it on Amazon (I'm not sure how international shipping works though).

I'm always getting bronzer (and sometimes red lipstick) on my white uniform and my roommate has this bleach spray that works really well. It removes the stains really fast.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I don't know how much of a help this would be but a girl on my team would put feminine pads, sticky side to the fabric, in the armpits of her uniform because she would sweat a lot. It always seemed to work & she said it never hindered her performance. I'm sure this could help if the girls continue to use that spray tan product.

My high school had white body liners one year and we used the Tide pens along with Oxi Clean, that worked well. Also, taking uniforms with mystique/rhinestones out of the washer before the cycle is up (like five minutes before) and line drying helps preserve the condition of the uniform for longer.

I don't know how much of a help this would be but a girl on my team would put feminine pads, sticky side to the fabric, in the armpits of her uniform because she would sweat a lot. It always seemed to work & she said it never hindered her performance. I'm sure this could help if the girls continue to use that spray tan product.
Works wonders!!!

Ivory soap. It's a white bar. You can get it almost anywhere, walmart, target, etc. I dont have a white uniform, but my little brother plays high school baseball as well as travel ball and he's always in red dirt...this soap bar works magic. I promise. You have to get the area needing whitening damp, and rub with the bar, then take a washcloth and rub the soap around and then wash in the washing machine.

There are special "anti-sweat" pads for the armpits. Though i'm not sure how comfortable they are to wear, they might help.
I sometimes have stains from just using certain deodorants with with shirts to practise, and i can't wash them out either.
We never use spray tan less than 24 hours before competing, and we have dark uniforms.
Good luck with the stains, i absolutely adore white uniforms, but i would look even more of a crazy coach than now running around trying to protect the uniforms on the girls/boys from getting stains ^^

My high school had white body liners one year and we used the Tide pens along with Oxi Clean, that worked well. Also, taking uniforms with mystique/rhinestones out of the washer before the cycle is up (like five minutes before) and line drying helps preserve the condition of the uniform for longer.
I alway wash my CP's uniform in a pillowcase on gentle cycle in the washer to help keep it from getting too banged up and always hang dry (usually over the shower curtain in the bathrom).

There are special "anti-sweat" pads for the armpits. Though i'm not sure how comfortable they are to wear, they might help.
I sometimes have stains from just using certain deodorants with with shirts to practise, and i can't wash them out either.
We never use spray tan less than 24 hours before competing, and we have dark uniforms.
Good luck with the stains, i absolutely adore white uniforms, but i would look even more of a crazy coach than now running around trying to protect the uniforms on the girls/boys from getting stains ^^

I wish my co-coaches would understand this!!

Back