Stereotypes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheerleaders are preppy, popular, and dumb. Those are the most offensive to me.

Lol at the dumb one. I know plenty of dumb people who do not cheer and some cheerleaders who are dumb.

Tonight someone at the gym said to one of the girls on our Jr3 team, "well it's a good thing your pretty!"

The girl then replied, "I don't get that, people say that to me all the time; even my teacher said it."

I think the whole gym busted out laughing but she really is a great girl!!:)

"how is cheerleading a sport, like. it's not athletic"
tell me how kicking/throwing/hitting a ball around some grass is a sport. but lifting girls in the air & doing flips on the floor isnt?
oh & "cheerleading is so easy"
then join my team ;)

Cheerleaders are who*res...... Everyone says my friend is. But she isn't she's really sweet and only hangs out with guys alot. I do the same.

Cheerleaders are stuck up and they think they are so perfect. All they do is yell "RAH RAH"

Also, when someone asks me my favorite sport, I say "cheerleading" and they look at me all funny >.<

THAT CHEERLEADING ISN'T A SPORT!
We're probably more in shape than other athletes (not going to bash any sports :p )
That they're all stuck up.
I'm probably the quirkiest person out there and will talk to absolutely anyone!
Oh! When I say I'm a cheerleader (or used too, to old now so I just coach) everyone asks me where my pom poms are or that I can go cheer for the BC lions (CFL)

What are some of the stereotypes that you hate the most?
(i.e. cheerleaders are stupid)
That cheerleaders aren't athletic! My daughter and the rest of her cheer squad work as hard or harder than athletes on other sports teams. The other day my daughter was having some medical tests done and the nurse commented that she must be an athlete because her abdominal muscles were rock hard. I told the nurse she was a cheerleader and the nurse looked at me like I was crazy.....

Back