All-Star Stingray Orange Video :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah, maybe if you were born in China in 500BC? Sharks were around before the dinosaurs. There's already been at least 3 shark attacks since the year started. Plus, scientists just found out sharks are colorblind. Give em a break, they never even knew they were getting silver and not gold! It's officially their time to shine! :)

oranges don't even have eyes, but they always shine so its ok :)

Im a little late to the party... so sharks eat oranges and cant be killed by bullets but where do panthers figure in??? I guess a shark could eat a panther or a panther could eat a shark it could go either way...but Worlds is held in FL and ive watched enough "shark week " to know that FL has more shark attacks each year then any other state in the US...just sayin ;) LOL!!

MUCH IMPROVED from Battle. Good for them.

Not impressed with the stunt though. Even if it is "signature," it's not cutting it in 2011 when Sm. Sr. stunts are getting crazy. I will agree with someone else when they said it was cookie cutter. I would hope (and assume) they change the stunt and beef it up more before worlds (if they would like to make top 3).

Well regardless of weather or not it's "cookie cutter" that stunt has the elements and the judges have to put them in the highest range regardless of how fierce anyone thinks it is. Some teams are doing harder stunts (they always do, and usually lose) and they may get a tenth or two higher in difficulty (because we are already in the high range and there is only so far to go) but they will also probably have a drop or bobble or at least a balance check that will even things out. More importantly orange will not be attending any stunt offs this year, they will, however, be competing in cheerleading competitions and they are pretty dang good at cheerleading... Try thinking about the jump/motion/dance/transition/formation part of the score sheet that is worth just as much as everything else... That's why they win, it's not about the stunt or the last pass

Im a little late to the party... so sharks eat oranges and cant be killed by bullets but where do panthers figure in??? I guess a shark could eat a panther or a panther could eat a shark it could go either way...but Worlds is held in FL and ive watched enough "shark week " to know that FL has more shark attacks each year then any other state in the US...just sayin ;) LOL!!

You are at this moment my favorite person

Well regardless of weather or not it's "cookie cutter" that stunt has the elements and the judges have to put them in the highest range regardless of how fierce anyone thinks it is. Some teams are doing harder stunts (they always do, and usually lose) and they may get a tenth or two higher in difficulty (because we are already in the high range and there is only so far to go) but they will also probably have a drop or bobble or at least a balance check that will even things out. More importantly orange will not be attending any stunt offs this year, they will, however, be competing in cheerleading competitions and they are pretty dang good at cheerleading... Try thinking about the jump/motion/dance/transition/formation part of the score sheet that is worth just as much as everything else... That's why they win, it's not about the stunt or the last pass
Now if you could just give us all the secrets to yalls perfect jumps!! lol

Now if you could just give us all the secrets to yalls perfect jumps!! lol

Don't tell anyone. The secret is, they do ALOT of them (and the bob hairstyle makes them lighter than other cheereladers)

I heard Livi is doing them at home already.

Hahaha it's not a secret!! There have been many threads about it, I even did a whole hour lecture on it at a conference this summer... Here is a really short version of what we do:

-drop your jump motion down to a low v
-jump more than everyone else

That's it

MUCH IMPROVED from Battle. Good for them.

Not impressed with the stunt though. Even if it is "signature," it's not cutting it in 2011 when Sm. Sr. stunts are getting crazy. I will agree with someone else when they said it was cookie cutter. I would hope (and assume) they change the stunt and beef it up more before worlds (if they would like to make top 3).

What they "lose" in difficulty, they more than make up in execution. Since that's worth more at worlds, I don't think they're worried. If you can out execute the vast majority of teams, you only need to be difficult enough. Find that fine line...too much one way or another, and it's no longer worth the risk.

Hahaha it's not a secret!! There have been many threads about it, I even did a whole hour lecture on it at a conference this summer... Here is a really short version of what we do:

-drop your jump motion down to a low v
-jump more than everyone else

That's it
Still not working for me but I'm def bringing my scissors to practice!!

Back