All-Star Strangest Injury?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I pretty much did the same with my thumb. Someone started from a run to jump on me and I put my hand out. I jammed my thumb into her knee so hard that my tumb nail was stuck in her knee. I had a bone bruise for a month and a half and she has a nice scar. I never had anything hurt so bad especially when I based and tumbled. I know it was stupid how I got hurt haha..

Tonight at practice I was just warming up... I go roundoff 2 bhs rebound... doing my usual tumbling warmup. Out of the rebound I always kind of take a few running steps backwards. I step back on my right ankle (my bad one), then go to turn around and step on my left (my good one) and my shoe gets caught on the mat, foot rolls over and I step all weight onto a completely rolled ankle. Now I have a light sprain, and I'm very annoyed. I instantly thought of this thread.

Just...walking?? Really? I was only warming up!

i was getting a massage at a spa(totally legit and very expensive spa actually) and they must have knicked the bone spur in my ankle while rubbing my feet because i woke up the next morning with an ankle the size of an orange and a massive bruise which is still there. oh, and this was like a month ago.

i mean really? i hurt my foot while paying someone to relax my body. fail....

I was coaching and my Senior 4.2 last season hit a beefed up version of their pyramid fullout that we had yet to see them hit and I got excited. Lets say I started jumping up and down like an idiot out of excitement and landed wrong... hyperextended my knee so severely I could barely walk the whole week and it gave me problems for 2 months following... I am much more careful now when I get excited hahaha

A girl on my HS team that can full broke her ankle cartwheeling. And I broke my finger doing a backwards roll once...... I'm on senior 5 -_-

well this one night i decided to chase my little sister around the house normal enough right? well it gets better as im running i somehow managed to ram the whole underside of my foot up against a door frame needless to say it was a little bruised and puffy and i couldnt walk on it, but wait my story gets better, the next morning as i was getting ready for school fumbling around in pain i managed to slam two of my toes in between the leg of a foot stool in my room i then proceed to cry out in immense pain and get taken to the hospital to learn i had two broken and one sprained toe and had to stay on crutches for 2 weeks -.-

No lie, I'm so graceful freshman year of high school managed to trip walking to practice but somehow in the process severely sprain my ankle.

One day a few years ago I was giving my friend a high five and he had a pencil in his hand. Then WHAM.. It went through my hand and that was that. Still have the scar.

well i managed to hurt my hand in my sleep!! woke up last monday morning and my hand was in agony, couldnt bend my fingers. Im a honors engineering student in my final year so cant really miss classes, i went to class then off to A&E. Couldnt see any breaks in my xray so the doctor said all he can guess is i have hit it off a bedside cabinet.
Thats fine and all but i cant write! so its not much better now and i go to my local doctor yesterday who says cheer and spotting tumbling has given me a repetitive strain injury in my middle 3 fingers.... which i woke up with over night! he recommends i give up stunts and coaching .. i was like um ....NO

Doing a pirouette badly I will add and fell sprained my toe, first it turned black then bright red and it was so badly damaged the nevre in my toe and now I feel nothing.

allthatglitters said:
One day a few years ago I was giving my friend a high five and he had a pencil in his hand. Then WHAM.. It went through my hand and that was that. Still have the scar.

Ouch!!!!

a girl on my team one year broke her ankle walking on the sidewalk to her car after practice

Back