All-Star Substance Free Programs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This remind me of the Rockstar energy drink. I don't know if this is true, but someone once told me that stores started requiring kids to obtain parental permission to buy it because a kid went into cardiac arrest after drinking it. Not sure whether he/she died, though.
I remember one time I think last year (or the year before) one kid had some kind of heart problem and drank 4 monsters within an hour or two and ended up going into cardiac arrest. I think this may be what you are talking about, and most places don't require parental permission or a certain age limit to buy energy drinks but I believe they can refuse to sell it to you if they believe is necessary.

Posting on behalf of a user who wishes to remain anonymous but thinks people are having a difficult time comprehending that a girl like Dani could have a problem. From personal experience I can tell you that addiction knows no boundaries of race, gender, social class etc. I know some heroin users are injecting between the toes since it is much easier to conceal those areas than arms.

"I have a very close friend who works in Louisville media, who in turn has several contacts at the Louisville Metro PD. Her job is to cover all Louisville news, including this death. When she learned of the passing of a UofL cheerleader, she immediately told me because she knew I had friends formerly in the program. Within a few hours of arriving at Dani's apartment, the police had identified (and alerted media) that this was more than likely a heroin overdose, and only needed the toxicology report to confirm. Everything posted above is fact, as told by a member of the LMPD.

My assumption is that they knew it was heroin because of track marks, or they found needles or more heroin in her apartment. Police don't just automatically jump to conclusions in deaths, but they knew pretty much immediately that this was heroin. I would say with a large degree of certainty that nothing was laced; there was no ill will by a third party. She knowingly took those drugs and this truly was an accidental overdose. I just wanted to clear that up to stop the speculation I've seen here."

it's a german book so i don't think it is known in the us, i can only recommend it though
this is it
Christiane F: Autobiography of a Girl of the Streets and Heroin Addict: Christiane F, Susanne Flatauer: 9780553208979: Amazon.com: Books

it's an old book but unfortunately the story is not :/
Read the book years ago, saw the movie (phenomenal David Bowie soundtrack). So much more powerful than Go Ask Alice. I remember reading an update about "Christiane" a few years back as well.

@kristenthegreat Heroin is a big problem out by us on Long Island. It comes in pill form now. No needles needed. What's even scarier is we've heard of kids having parties where they all just throw whatever pills they have into a big bowl and everyone helps themselves. They never know what they are getting.

@kristenthegreat Heroin is a big problem out by us on Long Island. It comes in pill form now. No needles needed. What's even scarier is we've heard of kids having parties where they all just throw whatever pills they have into a big bowl and everyone helps themselves. They never know what they are getting.
Pharm parties? No thank you. It's the pill form of Russian Roulette..and I don't need those cheap thrills.

Posting on behalf of a user who wishes to remain anonymous but thinks people are having a difficult time comprehending that a girl like Dani could have a problem. From personal experience I can tell you that addiction knows no boundaries of race, gender, social class etc. I know some heroin users are injecting between the toes since it is much easier to conceal those areas than arms.

"I have a very close friend who works in Louisville media, who in turn has several contacts at the Louisville Metro PD. Her job is to cover all Louisville news, including this death. When she learned of the passing of a UofL cheerleader, she immediately told me because she knew I had friends formerly in the program. Within a few hours of arriving at Dani's apartment, the police had identified (and alerted media) that this was more than likely a heroin overdose, and only needed the toxicology report to confirm. Everything posted above is fact, as told by a member of the LMPD.

My assumption is that they knew it was heroin because of track marks, or they found needles or more heroin in her apartment. Police don't just automatically jump to conclusions in deaths, but they knew pretty much immediately that this was heroin. I would say with a large degree of certainty that nothing was laced; there was no ill will by a third party. She knowingly took those drugs and this truly was an accidental overdose. I just wanted to clear that up to stop the speculation I've seen here."

Interesting. I was actually concerned that people were acting like they were in denial about what could be the real situation simply because the person was a pretty cheerleader that had obtained a level of success in cheerleading that most people dream of.

I can't even imagine how her close friends and family feel right now.
I doubt they all knew about what was going on
Well someone, somewhere had to have known. I wonder what that person is thinking right now.

And @Cheer Dad I wonder if they're trying to mix those pills with alcohol/mystery punch. It's disheartening to see how far people go for a rush. What if some fool tries to put cyanide pills in the bowl as a joke (because these people are definitely that stupid) and kids take it? I don't want to give any ideas to any psychos reading this, but we need to think about these things.

Last edited:
really? i doubt they didn't know. it's possible they didn't realize the extent of the problem, but they knew.

you're probably right, i don't know for some reason i expect people to take action if they see friend or relative having a problem like this but then again maybe they did but it didn't help , who knows
It' just like CheerDad said, it is very difficult to understand the whole thing whenever someone seemed to be so happy , succesfull and loved by everyone

Well someone, somewhere had to have known. I wonder what that person is thinking right now.

And@CheerDad I wonder if they're trying to mix those pills with alcohol/mystery punch. It's disheartening to see how far people go for a rush. What if some fool tries to put cyanide pills in the bowl as a joke (because these people are definitely that stupid) and kids take it? I don't want to give any ideas to any psychos reading this, but we need to think about these things.
Yes, they will mix with anything. Once higher than a kite judgement goes out the window. Kids especially have a 'I'll live forever attitude' when it comes to dangerous situations and do not think of long term consequences. I have a former hockey player who is basically brain fried from the combination of drugs he had been on by the time he was 21. Once on one drug he would do anything to continue the high. One of the anti addiction drugs they have him made him higher than his usual drug of choice so he began doubling up on those doses and adding other items in.

Back