All-Star Summer Sandbox

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have a work, personal, one for oldest DD's school stuff,CP's team stuff and a coaching one. That is the only way I can keep organized. Lol

People are still use just one primary email address? :eek: Dang I'm not even anyone important and I have 3 separate ones, lol.
I have 1 primary email, and a second one that I use in cases of emergency if the first one isn't working correctly.
Regarding some of the things I see posted throughout this thread..
Something to keep in mind..we are ALL busy. We all have our commitments. It is clear that some people can handle less in their lives than others and get stressed/disorganized/irritated more easily. No judgements on that, just stating an opinion. That being said, one of my biggest peeves is those parents who clearly have received the information, didn't read/peruse/scan it, and then either ask TP again for info OR call one of us parents who did "find the time", to resend/communicate it to them. IMO this person is saying to me that their time is so much more valuable than mine. TPs give a tremendous amount of personal time to a team and no matter what the parents think of them personally/professionally, they are doing a job that I certainly would not do,nor wish on anyone. Perhaps some are a little "wordy", OCD, etc but they are trying to help. We have had parents in the past who would turn off their Group Me (because it "bothered" them) and then blow up the TPs email with questions that had been delivered to Group Me. Again, showing that their time/needs/wants were more important than the TPs. I find this behavior rude and have noticed that the athletes of these parents tend to operate VERY similarly...might be a coincidence, but I am thinking not. This is a team sport, please remember that if you choose to not get the proper info it affects your whole team no matter what you think. If you don't get the correct report time/change in report time/ etc, ALL of the team sitting/waiting for your athlete to show are affected. They begin to wonder if you are showing at all/will you arrive in time/etc. causing more stress/drama in an already emotional situation. Just something to think about.

I have a work email and a personal email. I have folders set up on my personal email for each kid and each activity. After I read an email I move it to that folder so that it's easy to retrieve and review when needed.
Well there you go being all efficient. Pfft...

I have my CP's Jr. team GroupMe on my phone & check in daily (would never post!). Notifications OFF. I'm not sure if it's isolated to her team, but I swear, kids are not scrolling up and using the tools available to them. They have been reminded. I want them to be learning to be self-sufficient and take initiative to figure things out for themselves. It's a slow, painful process apparently. Example:

Coach: Wear all black on Monday, your choice of bow.
Lola: Thanks!
Emma: So black top, black shorts?
Coach: Yes, all black, any color bow.
Hannah: Great!
Sara: What are we wearing Monday?
Kira: I don't know
M: What are we wearing?
Alex: What colors for practice?
Lola: All black
Krista: What bow?

SCROLL UP! Read--it's really all there. First world probs. Thank you, I feel better now.

I have my CP's Jr. team GroupMe on my phone & check in daily (would never post!). Notifications OFF. I'm not sure if it's isolated to her team, but I swear, kids are not scrolling up and using the tools available to them. They have been reminded. I want them to be learning to be self-sufficient and take initiative to figure things out for themselves. It's a slow, painful process apparently. Example:

SCROLL UP! Read--it's really all there. First world probs. Thank you, I feel better now.
Oh it doesn't get better as they get older either... My college team group text was a nightmare last year. Coach gave us a calendar, everything was right there. People would text "what time is the game, what time do we have to be there, what are we wearing, etc." then the captain wouldn't answer, so I would answer (I guess I was the Lola of the group!) and then some "really nice" girls went on Twitter to complain about me for answering since I wasn't the captain. Because you know, they didn't want anyone in the entire group to answer but the captain...

Oh it doesn't get better as they get older either... My college team group text was a nightmare last year. Coach gave us a calendar, everything was right there. People would text "what time is the game, what time do we have to be there, what are we wearing, etc." then the captain wouldn't answer, so I would answer (I guess I was the Lola of the group!) and then some "really nice" girls went on Twitter to complain about me for answering since I wasn't the captain. Because you know, they didn't want anyone in the entire group to answer but the captain...
Retweet. Still the same.

What are parent opinions on having a groupme for the kids on the team? They're junior aged (with a few youth aged kiddos) so I really want to try to have the kids bond and be friends in and out of practice so I thought this might be a good way to facilitate that. We do a parent groupme but I haven't done one with athletes before. Our senior teams have them (coaches supervise the groupme so it doesn't get insane) and it seemed to work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are parent opinions on having a groupme for the kids on the team? They're junior aged (with a few youth aged kiddos) so I really want to try to have the kids bond and be friends in and out of practice so I thought this might be a good way to facilitate that. We do a parent groupme but I haven't done one with athletes before. Our senior teams have them (coaches supervise the groupme so it doesn't get insane) and it seemed to work well.

I am not against them as long as monitored. Preferably by a coach.

**Always post responsibly**

oh my lord this is so accurate. I remember at Summit this past year, my coach was my chaperone so right before we went to bed she'd write out her facebook post (to the team's private group-page), and it would literally give ALL THE DETAILS for the next day, down to the hour (when to wake up by, when to check into our room to get hair/makeup done, what hair we are doing, when to be ready to leave, when we compete, when our awards are, EVERYTHING) and parents would STILL comment "What hair are we doing?" "When do the girls compete" "Who's room are we meeting in?"
Like y'all read the post again lol.

I am not against them as long as monitored. Preferably by a coach.

If I were to go this route, I would make sure to motion the messages and include the other coaches if they wished to be involved in it as well. Thank you for the feedback.

Cp's Jr team had an athlete GroupMe the past two seasons. It was monitored by the team rep. I had no problem with it, and the kids loved it.

If I were to go this route, I would make sure to motion the messages and include the other coaches if they wished to be involved in it as well. Thank you for the feedback.

It can be a good opportunity to help the kids learn some responsibility. My cp is older but has GroupMe with his coaches involved and he likes it a lot. Every now and then a kid will post/say something questionable and the coaches take the opportunity to remind the kids of what is acceptable and what the team/gym expectations are for their behavior.

People are still use just one primary email address? :eek: Dang I'm not even anyone important and I have 3 separate ones, lol.

I have 3 gmails, but one of those is a silly numbers and letter gmail from when I was in high school. I use that one to sign up for websites. Then I have one for my maiden name, and now I have one with my married name. I still mostly use my my maiden name email address, but all 3 get forwarded to one account anyway so it's easy to see everything in one place. Everything to my silly gmail address gets filtered out of the inbox. The only things left are more important stuff, so it doesn't get buried. GMail does a great job of filtering and categorizing emails for me.

I also have a work email, but I don't use that for anything outside of work. Same with a school email address from when I took a grad class.

I also have an email address for The Road to Worlds.

Phew. Thank goodness for smart phones that let you have multiple accounts.

We primarily use facebook groups at our gym. I'm basically team mom of the open teams and I too get a bunch of texts with questions. I PUT THE INFORMATION IN A STICKY POST IN THE FACEBOOK PAGE GO LOOK AT IT.

Last edited:
Back