All-Star Summit Announcement?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Will there be a guaranteed bid at every event? Or will some events pass with no bids extended?

Wildcard teams have to come in 1st to advance...not liking that

Realistically how many teams do you think will end up in each of these Wildcard divisions? If all junior/seniors levels 1-5R are eligible? I'm thinking they will end up being relatively small. (making your odds at first and advancing higher)

Last edited:
Realistically how many teams do you think will end up in each of these Wildcard divisions? If all junior/seniors levels 1-5R are eligible? I'm thinking they will end up being relatively small. (making your odds at first and advancing higher)

Also don't like that they are ineligible for paid and at-large. That's pretty rough. Wonder how many of these will actually be accepted in the early months of the season.
They are eligible for paids, not at larges.

220 bids, across 11 divisions. I know it won't be even distribution, but I'm thinking there will probably be some sizable divisions.

It's a interesting idea but I forsee a lot of these going unused.

You have to travel all the way to Orlando and place first in your division just to move on to Semis

agreed. no doubt this was done solely to increase the low enrollment in varsity's one day competitions.

it says they cannot be upgraded to at large, but you can upgrade to paid and wildcards will not be passed down. .interesting. it will probably come down to a statistical game. out of 220, how many will be void from teams upgrading to paid? and what are the odds of # of teams being in your division. IF (big if) all 220 bids go out and all teams are dispersed evenly by division (40 divisions) there'd be a max of 5 teams per division. not impossible to win your division, at all.

Ha ha, was thinking the same thing (that I was stalking you!). Nope in Canada (Peace Arch Champion).

Ah! Yeah, coming from Canada for a 1-day in Tacoma would suck.

And UCA IS small. I'm thinking a half day and easy parking under the convention center.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

They are eligible for paids, not at larges.

220 bids, across 11 divisions. I know it won't be even distribution, but I'm thinking there will probably be some sizable divisions.

aren't there 40 divisions, not 11? small, large, coed for each youth, junior, and senior 1-5? (last season the summit had 35ish divisions as some didn't have enough for small/large splits)

Also don't like that they are ineligible for paid and at-large. That's pretty rough. Wonder how many of these will actually be accepted in the early months of the season. It's kind of harsh to accept a Wildcard that early and eliminate yourself from contention for a paid or at large.
We compete three times at the beginning of the season to get ready for our 6 real summit bid competitions. I would bet money since the 3 comps that offer wildcards for us are our first 3 comps that we would never accept them. We fully plan on taking every team to the summit. We wouldn't want to accept a wildcard bid. If that's all we can manage in a season I wouldn't want to even go to the summit because we probably aren't ready. Since these bids can't be passed down I don't see that many truly going on wildcards. If we get them I would be shocked we would actually accept them. I bet that is the general consensus among most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back