All-Star Summit Bid Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
I heard a rumor that there is a deadline for when At-Large bids can be passed down...for example, if a team received a Paid bid last weekend, and they got an At-Large bid at an event 2 months earlier, and if the "deadline" for that competition is already passed, then their At-Large bid cannot be given to another team. I have never heard of this, but was told it's a new Varsity rule this year?

I have not heard this to be true. One of our teams just got a passed down At Large last week from an event held in January. Worlds At Large bids are currently the only bids not eligible to be passed down.

Didn't want to start a new summit thread but I have a question: with the wild card bids being different this year than last (1st place WC advances to Sunday and 2nd place advances to Saturday), how are the number of teams who advance from Saturday to Sunday determined? I've seen the Varsity rules about the ranges but how does the WC who goes straight to Sunday figure into the range?

For example, say a division has 20 teams combined paid and at large plus 5 WC teams. On Saturday there will be 21 teams (the 20 paid and at large plus the no. 2 WC team) competing in the Semi-finals to make it to finals and the no. 1 WC has already advanced directly to Sunday. The Varsity FAQS say that if there are 20+ teams in the Semi-Finals, only 10 advance to finals. So does it mean that only 9 teams from Saturday will make it to finals on Sunday to compete with the 1 WC so that there are only a total of 10 competing on Sunday? Or will 10 teams advance from Saturday Semi-Finals and be joined by the 1 WC team who was in first in wild card round, making it a total of 11 teams competing on Sunday?

I also have a random summit question! What happens if there is only one at large bid in a category, but many wild card bids? Will the top 2 WC scores be the only ones to move on to Saturday? Or what if a division only has WC bids in it?

Didn't want to start a new summit thread but I have a question: with the wild card bids being different this year than last (1st place WC advances to Sunday and 2nd place advances to Saturday), how are the number of teams who advance from Saturday to Sunday determined? I've seen the Varsity rules about the ranges but how does the WC who goes straight to Sunday figure into the range?

For example, say a division has 20 teams combined paid and at large plus 5 WC teams. On Saturday there will be 21 teams (the 20 paid and at large plus the no. 2 WC team) competing in the Semi-finals to make it to finals and the no. 1 WC has already advanced directly to Sunday. The Varsity FAQS say that if there are 20+ teams in the Semi-Finals, only 10 advance to finals. So does it mean that only 9 teams from Saturday will make it to finals on Sunday to compete with the 1 WC so that there are only a total of 10 competing on Sunday? Or will 10 teams advance from Saturday Semi-Finals and be joined by the 1 WC team who was in first in wild card round, making it a total of 11 teams competing on Sunday?
I think it is 10 from Saturday plus the WC.

The WC team who makes finals will not factor into the # of teams making finals from semis.

So if in semis there are 20 teams, the top 10 make finals and on Sunday there will be 11 on finals.

I have another wild card question that maybe someone knows the answer to. Our division only has 2 teams in the wild card round. Will they still have them compete even though both will make it through or will they just move them on to Saturday and skip competing Friday? I'm assuming they will still have the wild card round since the 1st place team goes on to finals on Sunday but I was hoping that wouldn't be the case.

I have another wild card question that maybe someone knows the answer to. Our division only has 2 teams in the wild card round. Will they still have them compete even though both will make it through or will they just move them on to Saturday and skip competing Friday? I'm assuming they will still have the wild card round since the 1st place team goes on to finals on Sunday but I was hoping that wouldn't be the case.
They will still compete on Friday to see which team advances straight to finals

Probably still compete Friday to see who moves into finals. I wish there was only 2 teams in cp division. Right now they're at 25+ should be interesting.

Probably still compete Friday to see who moves into finals. I wish there was only 2 teams in cp division. Right now they're at 25+ should be interesting.
25 with wildcard? Or 25 of just paid and st large? I only count two wildcards whenever I look. That makes me breathe easier lol. Just count paids, at larges, and two of the wildcards. Then of course about half move on.

25 with wildcard? Or 25 of just paid and st large? I only count two wildcards whenever I look. That makes me breathe easier lol. Just count paids, at larges, and two of the wildcards. Then of course about half move on.

25 just in the wildcard round. Small youth level 1, with the teams not added on official list including ours it's probably closer to 28.

I heard a rumor that there is a deadline for when At-Large bids can be passed down...for example, if a team received a Paid bid last weekend, and they got an At-Large bid at an event 2 months earlier, and if the "deadline" for that competition is already passed, then their At-Large bid cannot be given to another team. I have never heard of this, but was told it's a new Varsity rule this year?

My daughter's small J3 team got an At Large Bid at Athletics in Providence, which was at the end of January. This past weekend they upgraded to a Paid bid at Spirit Sports Battle at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. Our At Large bid was passed down to Bravo Bellas yesterday, so I am going to say this was a false rumor.

My daughter's small J3 team got an At Large Bid at Athletics in Providence, which was at the end of January. This past weekend they upgraded to a Paid bid at Spirit Sports Battle at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. Our At Large bid was passed down to Bravo Bellas yesterday, so I am going to say this was a false rumor.
So question did Bravo Bella's compete at athletics in providence also and so made them next in line? I'm really confused by this whole passing bids down thing!?! Lol

We are the only WC team in our division & we are still "competing" Friday, against no one. I'm assuming since we'll technically finish 1st we'll move to finals.

Back