All-Star Tanning Advice For Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Spray tan vs self tanning

• Total voters
After reading through this thread yesterday I drove an hour to Ulta [emoji13]

I was going to get the St Moritz but they didn't have it. I went with my second choice, fake bake. I want to test it out before Cheersport but cp won't be my guinea pig. So little sister it is [emoji4]
I used the fake bake last year for pictures and immediately after putting it on I was darker. I loved it!

After reading through this thread yesterday I drove an hour to Ulta [emoji13]

I was going to get the St Moritz but they didn't have it. I went with my second choice, fake bake. I want to test it out before Cheersport but cp won't be my guinea pig. So little sister it is [emoji4]
Let me know how it works. We put a little area on the side of her stomach last night before she went to bed to do an allergy test. She is still sleeping, so don't know the outcome, but it looked so dark. Will do her legs, arms, stomach, etc. if she is ok tonight and the area isn't too dark (which I don't believe would EVER happen with her skin). Will post pics and let everyone know.

Let me know how it works. We put a little area on the side of her stomach last night before she went to bed to do an allergy test. She is still sleeping, so don't know the outcome, but it looked so dark. Will do her legs, arms, stomach, etc. if she is ok tonight and the area isn't too dark (which I don't believe would EVER happen with her skin). Will post pics and let everyone know.

I love it! The color shows up right away and the color is so pretty! I did just her legs to test it out. I want to see how long it lasts and how it looks as it fades.

She had a dry spot of skin on her ankle I didn't know about until it got real dark. She also scratched her knee quite a bit and scratched the color off lol

But I'm really happy with what I got [emoji4]

Thought this was an interesting post from a local gym. We offer spray tans at our gym before NCA but it's never advertised quite like this. I actually don't think ours is posted about on social media at all, just advertised through gym emails.
519989f2f8e201012b97f7754c2f13be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought this was an interesting post from a local gym. We offer spray tans at our gym before NCA but it's never advertised quite like this. I actually don't think ours is posted about on social media at all, just advertised through gym emails.

Is that on a gym Facebook? C'mon business owners...don't use "LOL" in your business posts.

Other than that, I'm guilty of wanting everyone to have some color. I wouldn't word it like that though.

Is that on a gym Facebook? C'mon business owners...don't use "LOL" in your business posts.

Other than that, I'm guilty of wanting everyone to have some color. I wouldn't word it like that though.

Yup. It's the gym's Facebook page and I would bet money that it was posted by the gym owner as the post is worded similarly to how they post on their personal Facebook page.

I'll admit to loving a good tan, I really hate being pale but I was shocked the most about the wording of the post. And how unprofessional it came off.

Yup. It's the gym's Facebook page and I would bet money that it was posted by the gym owner as the post is worded similarly to how they post on their personal Facebook page.

I'll admit to loving a good tan, I really hate being pale but I was shocked the most about the wording of the post. And how unprofessional it came off.

ROFL that's just too much for me.

"We would like to have nice light bronze kids under bright white lights instead of pasty white beauties."

Something about that cracked me up.

ETA: I remember watching Toddlers and Tiaras and seeing a woman take her half-black daughter to a salon for a spray tan. Lol. Some people take it waaaay to far.

so, super stupid question- I've never used self tanner for me or CP- but do you do the face as well? Some pics make it look like they don't do their face and some are apparently heavily tanned. Any tricks to make it look semi-natural? I hate to even start venturing down this road but am tempted to try one of the recommended brands :confused:

so, super stupid question- I've never used self tanner for me or CP- but do you do the face as well? Some pics make it look like they don't do their face and some are apparently heavily tanned. Any tricks to make it look semi-natural? I hate to even start venturing down this road but am tempted to try one of the recommended brands :confused:
Either don't use it on your face but get a darker foundation for competition days to match the tan or mix a little bit of tanner into facial moisturizer so it's not so extreme.

Although I do recommend getting a darker foundation because when the tan starts to break down, your face won't get the awkward patchy look.

ETA: oh and it's not a stupid question at all! It's one of the first questions people usually have about self tanning:)

Either don't use it on your face but get a darker foundation for competition days to match the tan or mix a little bit of tanner into facial moisturizer so it's not so extreme.

Although I do recommend getting a darker foundation because when the tan starts to break down, your face won't get the awkward patchy look.

ETA: oh and it's not a stupid question at all! It's one of the first questions people usually have about self tanning:)
thank you for the info :)

Does anyone have any before/after pics of spray tanning?
I'm considering hosting a spray tanning party before comp but I'm afraid, I'll come out of it looking like a burned chicken nugget. xD
The paint looks soooo dark on most pics or videos, I've seen. :confused:

I spray my face with one coat. I also use a darker foundation and a little bit of extra bronzer.

Back