All-Star Thank You, Coaches, For All You Do

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

These weren't in for the banquet but came in just afterward. Cp17 gave them to Josh and Andy tonight. If you know cp17 you know he wears his dog tags every single day (takes them off when he's on the floor and the team mom wears them) so this was the most fitting gift he could think of.
94e7778c322d9863fb4376ed6f243075.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These weren't in for the banquet but came in just afterward. Cp17 gave them to Josh and Andy tonight. If you know cp17 you know he wears his dog tags every single day (takes them off when he's on the floor and the team mom wears them) so this was the most fitting gift he could think of.

Oh my god. My heart. That is incredibly thoughtful. I would break down into a pile of tears if I was given that!

Can we not be done with your kids yet?

Any chance you can coax your girl out of retirement?

(Kidding! Sort of.)
Yeah...that is not happening. And in all honesty for as much as I'd like her to, she's in a much better mental health place without the pressure and anxiety she puts on herself.

And I'm not mad about the extra money I'll have!

Those tags are awesome. Hope they have a good weekend to remember.

I recently finished my last year of cheer too (though I'm 10 years older than your CP!) and this hit close to home for me as well. I've had a lot of wonderful coaches over the last almost 20 years who had to deal with a scrawny little girl with little girl syndrome (my nickname was noodle!), who threw me on coed in college because I was tiny even though I had no idea to coed stunt, who kept me on the mat even when I didn't tumble and then coaches who put up with me reminding them of the rules or trying to get my opinions in. They've all played a huge role in the person I am today and I'm grateful to all of them - especially my college coach and the gym owner I've had for the last 6 years. Before coming to this gym, I was on 3 different open teams in 3 years.

I recently finished my last year of cheer too (though I'm 10 years older than your CP!) and this hit close to home for me as well. I've had a lot of wonderful coaches over the last almost 20 years who had to deal with a scrawny little girl with little girl syndrome (my nickname was noodle!), who threw me on coed in college because I was tiny even though I had no idea to coed stunt, who kept me on the mat even when I didn't tumble and then coaches who put up with me reminding them of the rules or trying to get my opinions in. They've all played a huge role in the person I am today and I'm grateful to all of them - especially my college coach and the gym owner I've had for the last 6 years. Before coming to this gym, I was on 3 different open teams in 3 years.
That was exactly why I did this. Andy hugged me after the banquet and said "you give us too much credit. We're just cheer coaches."

And my response to him was, "I know you THINK that which is exactly why I did it, you're not just cheer coaches and I didn't want to ride into the sunset without you knowing that."

But, the one thing I know is that they love my kid like he's their own. And they may possibly be more proud of the man he's become than even me. I know that about them; I just wanted them to know we think the same way about them.

I think among all of our cheer momming and complaining and strategizing center panel and who's in the air and what our stunts should change to, people tend to forget that. Maybe being in education I just know how it is (other teachers and administrators will get this). My job is nothing but putting out fires, listening to people cuss me out and never appreciate a single thing I do so it means a lot to me when someone stops to say thanks (because it never happens); I just wanted to do that very publicly for the two of them in something they could keep to remind them when things are tough.

Back