All-Star The Allstar Games

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm feeling like its something different. Met the owner last night (very nice guy) and he was talking about how really excited he is for this years athletes gift. Sounded like he was going to announce it before long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got that feeling too. I am sad. You really can't get much better than a blinged out nice cheer jacket.

Champions League is costing me double what it did last year. For all of the West coasters who complain they have to travel East and there should be competitions on the West Coast - it isn't even the flights that are the killer. The hotel is $100 more per night and I had a suite last year. The transportation to and from the airport is 3 times what I paid to rent a car in Atlanta last year. I imagine it will cost me $12 for a hamburger so I guess the Worlds diet is starting early. I would have gladly paid the airfare to LA to make things "fair" so y'all don't have to travel all the time, but I am not ok with all of the other costs that go with it. It is ridiculous.
Where are you staying in LA ? If your hotel is near the venue, remember the venue is not near LAX. So, are you talking about transportation costs from LAX to your hotel ? Rent a car for $20 a day. Car rental at LAX is inexpensive compared to other places.

To be honest we travel a lot for cheer and I don't find much difference in LA. I'm traveling to NCA in a few days and I've found hotel and transportation costs are about the same as in LA. But, LA is a big place and if you're not familiar with the area, I'm sure it can be difficult to navigate and make arrangements.

Is it possible that LA just does things a little different than some other cities. For example in LA you need a car to get around. There's not much public transportation you would want to use. I have not been to Atlanta so I can't compare the two cities. You will be happy to learn LA has lots of cheap hamburgers. But, you might need to drive to get to them.

Where are you staying in LA ? If your hotel is near the venue, remember the venue is not near LAX. So, are you talking about transportation costs from LAX to your hotel ? Rent a car for $20 a day. Car rental at LAX is inexpensive compared to other places.

To be honest we travel a lot for cheer and I don't find much difference in LA. I'm traveling to NCA in a few days and I've found hotel and transportation costs are about the same as in LA. But, LA is a big place and if you're not familiar with the area, I'm sure it can be difficult to navigate and make arrangements.

Is it possible that LA just does things a little different than some other cities. For example in LA you need a car to get around. There's not much public transportation you would want to use. I have not been to Atlanta so I can't compare the two cities. You will be happy to learn LA has lots of cheap hamburgers. But, you might need to drive to get to them.
We are staying at the Marriott. Yes rental cars are cheap but parking is $42 a day (valet only which means $47-50/day). The hotel is over $200/night which was the cheapest available for our room block. I have never spent $200/night on a hotel for cheer. I have traveled to enough competitions to say with confidence that this location is by far the most expensive in every category. I have been to NCA 3 tomes and it is nowhere near as expensive. Hopefully I can find that cheap burger you are referring to!

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

We are staying at the Marriott. Yes rental cars are cheap but parking is $42 a day (valet only which means $47-50/day). The hotel is over $200/night which was the cheapest available for our room block. I have never spent $200/night on a hotel for cheer. I have traveled to enough competitions to say with confidence that this location is by far the most expensive in every category. I have been to NCA 3 tomes and it is nowhere near as expensive. Hopefully I can find that cheap burger you are referring to!

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

I agree! We thought about renting a car and sharing one with some other parents but the parking was killer at the Marriott. I think we are going to rely on taxis. For transportation from LAX to the Marriott I arranged for a driver to meet us in an SUV through a company for $120 round trip. We are sharing it with another family.

We need to start pulling together a list of restaurants, etc on the Champs League thread! I can't believe it's a month away!

I agree! We thought about renting a car and sharing one with some other parents but the parking was killer at the Marriott. I think we are going to rely on taxis. For transportation from LAX to the Marriott I arranged for a driver to meet us in an SUV through a company for $120 round trip. We are sharing it with another family.

We need to start pulling together a list of restaurants, etc on the Champs League thread! I can't believe it's a month away!

Would you mind sharing who you booked with?

Wow, that's outrageous. You're correct the hotel/parking is unreasonable. Those prices are not indicative of LA but rather are due to the location being at USC. A few miles away you can find nice hotels with free parking for $100-$125 a night.

I don't want to offend but I'm not too keen on the area around USC. It's not a real good area to be walking around. I wish they had chosen a venue in a nicer area that wouldn't be so expensive for you guys. And, safer too. There are so many places more enjoyable to visit in the LA area. But, having said that, I'm sure the event will be wonderful and make it all worthwhile.

We will be spectators at this event, can't wait.

Wow, that's outrageous. You're correct the hotel/parking is unreasonable. Those prices are not indicative of LA but rather are due to the location being at USC. A few miles away you can find nice hotels with free parking for $100-$125 a night.

I don't want to offend but I'm not too keen on the area around USC. It's not a real good area to be walking around. I wish they had chosen a venue in a nicer area that wouldn't be so expensive for you guys. And, safer too. There are so many places more enjoyable to visit in the LA area. But, having said that, I'm sure the event will be wonderful and make it all worthwhile.

We will be spectators at this event, can't wait.

We had heard it wasn't a great area. One mom on our team called the hotel and was told they had improved the area and it was safe to walk around at night now and that there were lots of restaurants etc w/in walking distance. I guess we will see when we get there!

The reason airfare is so expensive it's the first full weekend of the March Madness tournament. Which is huge in Vegas for gambling. You get a month out airfare drops from$450 to $300 per person from our area.

We had heard it wasn't a great area. One mom on our team called the hotel and was told they had improved the area and it was safe to walk around at night now and that there were lots of restaurants etc w/in walking distance. I guess we will see when we get there!
I'm familiar with the area, but not intimately. We were there recently for a competition. There were people out and about during the day. Both my daughter and I were glad we didn't have to remain after dark though since it was just us girls. I'm glad I wasn't around before the clean up (actually I was around there a number of times over the past years but I didn't stay around after dark). I'm sure the hotel and all is in a relatively decent area though.

Despite the many drawbacks, I'm sure that you'll come away from the competition with great memories having had a wonderful time. And at least you have the knowledge that next year's competition will be located elsewhere.

I apologize for inadvertently hijacking thread with Champions League discussion. I'll move any of my discussion about CL to the appropriate thread. Sorry about that.

I apologize for inadvertently hijacking thread with Champions League discussion. I'll move any of my discussion about CL to the appropriate thread. Sorry about that.
I think I may have hijacked it initially! I posted in the CL thread this morning to try to keep things on topic in each thread - although I think expense is a common factor for both!

When they post the schedule if you see it please post it here. Thanks

Can anyone buy tickets to this event? I know they're crazy expensive, but can't figure out if you're able to buy tickets just like a regular competition. The only thing I see on the website is a spectator package, which looks like paperwork you have to fill out and packages that you have to choose from. Thanks!

Back