OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I'm watching last nights episode now. Was Nias music the actual music she danced to? Her choreography did not match up to the music at all, I found it so distracting

Shimmy to whole post, but help me out with this part. I'm trying to figure out how to pull this one off now, and so far it's not looking too good. Both are very time consuming and a huge financial burden. [emoji26]

But I guess you mean for rich moms who don't work...? (like the Dance Moms moms)

CP's gym does cheer and dance under the same house so they never interfere---it looking like I'll be a Cheer and Dance mama next season.

I also don't know for sure but judging from Nia's travel schedule it doesn't appear that she's doing traditional schooling.

So with pesty school not
Taking up time of your day you could squeeze in early private dance classes.

But in the case of Nia there's no reason to worry about doing all star cheer hypothetically.

What she needs is studio time. Since she's Ni-yonce now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abby made it a point to talk about Maddie and Mackenzie being their only homeschoolers in her interviews recently. They do travel a lot of school breaks, summer, spring break...etc, etc; and weekend's...leave Friday night,back by Sunday night.

Where can you watch that?

It's on the Lifetime website,

Here are 2 interviews I stumbled across on youTube one day that I legit have second hand embarrassment about...I don't remember any managers of pop stars I liked as a teenager acting like this in interviews. I don't even think their parents did either.

Sia's Chandelier dancer Maddie Ziegler says she trains 40 hours a week | Daily Mail Online

It won't let me embed the video but it's on that link.

In that interview Maddie has a 'Please shoot me' look on her face through most of it.

CP's gym does cheer and dance under the same house so they never interfere---it looking like I'll be a Cheer and Dance mama next season.

Abby made it a point to talk about Maddie and Mackenzie being their only homeschoolers in her interviews recently. They do travel a lot of school breaks, summer, spring break...etc, etc; and weekend's...leave Friday night,back by Sunday night.

It's on the Lifetime website,

I didn't say she was homeschooled, I said she doesn't do traditional schooling. She's still at that private school and probably has more flexibility with attendance and supplemental school work. Last fall and early this winter they traveled during what would have been a normal school week. I'm sure they work with her on absences...since shes such a star. All of them...

Here are 2 interviews I stumbled across on youTube one day that I legit have second hand embarrassment about...I don't remember any managers of pop stars I liked as a teenager acting like this in interviews. I don't even think their parents did either.

Sia's Chandelier dancer Maddie Ziegler says she trains 40 hours a week | Daily Mail Online

It won't let me embed the video but it's on that link.

In that interview Maddie has a 'Please shoot me' look on her face through most of it.

I feel like Maddie has that look on her face more times than not :p that child looks anxious in almost every episode. The fidgeting, the nail biting, etc. Sometimes I worry for her.

I was glad to see Abby tell the girls they had to say something nice about Jojo during their critique as well. And I'm glad she got that jacket, she looked so happy.

I'm over the Holly drama. She was the only mom I could fully tolerate. Now she's the one I can't tolerate at all. She's unhappy yet she keeps signing contracts... Ehh I thought she was smarter than that.

Atleast I think we're done with Peyton and her mom for good.

Weird question: Am I the only who thinks Chloe looks like the girl in the Starbucks logo? Like maybe just a little?

a7ab189c0e85bfc965b4baaf7e04a9f1.jpg

Doctor Holly posted some video on Instagram of Nia performing her song and because you couldn't hear her voice, performance wise it didn't look terrible

But then I clicked Nia's name and went to her instagram and saw that in actuality she had a vixen sew in, appropriate for a woman in her 20s....and then at one point in the routine Jojo runs on stage and they start dancing while the grown men dancers behind them squat behind

They're like 12/13. No. Never. Just no

Oh sweet mother of...

She is definitely a better crowd performer than say Brooke; she also appears to be a better lip syncher than Mackenzie.

I also find it fascinating that for meet and greet events it goes:
Christi & Kelly (not shocking, but they did a lot of them together or completely separate---Kelly still does them)
Abby, Maddie, & Mackenzie with Kalani when she's on the show
now Holly & Jessalynn

Of the two moms I never thought I'd put together it's those two.

Jojo rocked it, but given her age...sigh. Then again, Asia was worse so at least they're not 9.

She did sound dumb. She did sound delusional and she did sound petty. Never did I say she was in fact dumb, because I personally don't believe that "all" kids her age are dumb.

If you notice Nia is the only one that hemmed and hawed about JoJo taking away "opportunities from those who have been there longer". As stupid and mean as the "assignment" was to begin with, at least the other girls made a half butt attempt to actually critique her dance ability. Nia got up there and whined about circumstance pertaining to a school of thought that will never get her anywhere in Iife ( you're not going to get promoted at work simply by having worked there 28 years----not if someone better and more qualified comes along ). No doubt spoon fed to her by her newly ignorant mother who somewhere between the time she go fired from her career to her getting a couple hundred thousand instagram followers, decided that Nia would be the next Beyonce.

She's not in the right environment to do what she loves. She's in that miserable environment floundering so that she can have this "opportunity" that her mother, who also sounds dumb, delusional and petty keeps hyping her up about.

And nobody said that she should quit dance. I said that she Would have excelled at all star cheer. There's a difference and participating in both can in fact happen simultaneously.

You said "she's not a dancer and her feet are crap" Sooo... now you're saying you didn't mean that she should quit; in spite of these handicaps, even if she's NOT a dancer and her feet are crappy? I just inferred you meant she should. If I misconstrued, I apologize. :stupid:

I said if she enjoys dancing, she should dance. Perhaps with instructors who will work with what she brings to the table.

Holly's going to ride this train for all the money it's worth. They're going on all the trips, signing all the autographs, and cashing all the checks while they can get them - which won't be much longer.

I really hope Jessalyn's behavior on the show is not similar to her behavior in real life. She is incredibly petty and immature.

You said "she's not a dancer and her feet are crap" Sooo... now you're saying you didn't mean that she should quit; in spite of these handicaps, even if she's NOT a dancer and her feet are crappy? I just inferred you meant she should. If I misconstrued, I apologize. :stupid:

I said if she enjoys dancing, she should dance. Perhaps with instructors who will work with what she brings to the table.

Holly's going to ride this train for all the money it's worth. They're going on all the trips, signing all the autographs, and cashing all the checks while they can get them - which won't be much longer.

Do you watch the show? Are you not able to comprehend what I said in context to what happened on the episode? Nevermind the fact that initially you said you took issue with me "calling her" dumb, delusional and petty...which I never did.

For a refresher, the premise of the entire episode was 1. Attack Jojo and give her a jacket and 2. Holly's plight of how her child is now a lyrical dancer....to which rightfully ALM pointed out that her child does in fact struggle with lyrical....because of all of the struggles I listed in my post.

Did I say she should quit? No. Because I don't have a particular dog in this fight, so I really don't care where Holly spends her Lifetime coins ....but the fact of the matter is Nia can't get up there and cast stones at JoJo...who for whatever its worth IS a better dancer and performer than she is and THAT is why she gets solos over Nia and it has nothing to do "Jojo taking opportunities away from people that have been there longer". Better is Better. Nia could only hem and haw about JoJo taking opportunities from her because of the longer amount of time shes spent with ALM because Nia surely cant talk about anyone elses technique or dancing ability .

So NO. Nia is not a dancer, will she be able to gyrate to a rhythmic beat in a rap video... sure...its exactly what shes doing now in her "pop career" (but in that latest video Jojo be bopped on stage ad outshined her sooo...)... could she ever be a competitive technical dancer. Never. Could she even pull off with Maddie did in those Sia videos... Naw..

She is the TOKEN (and this has been admitted by those on the show) black girl, cast to dance with a group of girls that prior to the show she was never grouped with. She has struggled, and continues to struggle to this day. She is then burdened with struggle solos, or placed on stage to perform a solo where shes made to look a fool (Laqueefa, plus the others that I don't feel like recalling)

Dancing recreationally and dancing competitively are not the same thing. If this show were about recreational dancers then Nia's (or any of their) feet, back, legs, lack of grace and lack of musicality would be neither here nor there. But this show is about competitive dancers that compete to win... and ALM's attempt to make them stars. In the context of what the show is about and Nia's actual ability... it doesn't make sense for her ( and a couple others) to be there and be presented as being the cream of the crop

Last edited:
Catching up because I never watch till the weekend...
Maddy seemed really happy to get to tell Jojo what was wrong with her... Nia and Mackenzie looked uncomfortable at least but Maddie looked happy and Kalani seemed like she was enjoying it a little bit too. -_-

Back