All-Star The War Has Begun

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

World Cup Shooting Stars
Standing tumbling:
12 - Standing Fulls (one did a tuck, assuming it will be full)
4 - BHS fulls
21 - Toe touch BHS BHS full
8 – BHS BHS double
1 – BHS whip double

First stunt
11 – Lib, arabesque, cradle to stomach

Jumps
34 – Pike, hurdler, toe, toe, tuck

Baskets
4 – Kick kick arch baskets (opening)
10 – Kick doubles
2 – Toe touches (tumbling)

Running Tumbling
9 - RO doubles (including 3 in opening)
1 – RO Arabian RO BHS full
6 – RO fulls
2 – RO BHS Arabian RO BHS double
1 – FWO punchfront RO BHS double
2 – Punchfront RO BHS double
4 – Punchfront RO BHS full
1 – RO Arabian RO BHS whip double
1- RO Arabian RO BHS BHS double
2 -RO BHS whip BHS BHS double
1- RO whip full
1- RO full whip double
1 – RO BHS double whip full

Second Stunt
9 – One and a half up to stretch to bows
4 – Press up to stretch lib
5 – Full up to lib
9 – Press tick opposite stretch (one at lib), high tick to arabesque, scale, double down

Pyramid (There were a lot of falls, this is what I’m assuming is supposed to happen)
3 – Show and go to stomach, front flip out
5 – Half up ball up to stretch (one does not half up)
2 – Half turn front flip
2 – Lib tick stretch
1 – X out toss
Picture – 4 stretches, three preps, one extension
1 – Front flip over prep
2 – Braced back tucks
2 – Back tuck with full twist
2- Front flip with full twist
2 –Step over front flip
Picture-2 stretches, two hitches

They do another pyramid in the tumbling:
Picture – 4 hitches

I see CoachTamara has beat me to the punch lol! I like to compare sections as a whole and see who has the best of each and then see if that changes my overall opinion of who I think the victor should be.

Yeah some of my numbers differ a bit (giving them skills not thrown and such). Also, for the TT BHS BHS full, I thought I counted more than 16. I tried going by the rows, which had 4 people in them.

You can stick to doing this, I give. What a nightmare trying to count everything! I won't bother doing Peach and Panthers since you already did.

I will say this-when watching, you see a lot of stuff you may have missed. Stars has the tumbling advantage for sure... Senior Elite is faking a ton as far as tumbling goes (there are a lot of layouts and even tucks in standing tumbling).

Stars stunting is struggling which was obvious by the drops, but they are really lacking in flex. Senior Elite is also banking on the fact that it's too fast to figure out what is going on, because some of the groups are not doing stunts as hard as you think they are. It also looks the most effortless though. F5 stunting is on par, and I think (total assumption) some of it may have been changed just to fit the music.

World Cup Shooting Stars
Standing tumbling:
12 - Standing Fulls (one did a tuck, assuming it will be full)
4 - BHS fulls
21 - Toe touch BHS BHS full
8 – BHS BHS double
1 – BHS whip double

First stunt
11 – Lib, arabesque, cradle to stomach

Jumps
34 – Pike, hurdler, toe, toe, tuck

Baskets
4 – Kick kick arch baskets (opening)
10 – Kick doubles
2 – Toe touches (tumbling)

Running Tumbling
9 - RO doubles (including 3 in opening)
1 – RO Arabian RO BHS full
6 – RO fulls
2 – RO BHS Arabian RO BHS double
1 – FWO punchfront RO BHS double
2 – Punchfront RO BHS double
4 – Punchfront RO BHS full
1 – RO Arabian RO BHS whip double
1- RO Arabian RO BHS BHS double
2 -RO BHS whip BHS BHS double
1- RO whip full
1- RO full whip double
1 – RO BHS double whip full

Second Stunt
9 – One and a half up to stretch to bows
4 – Press up to stretch lib
5 – Full up to lib
9 – Press tick opposite stretch (one at lib), high tick to arabesque, scale, double down

Pyramid (There were a lot of falls, this is what I’m assuming is supposed to happen)
3 – Show and go to stomach, front flip out
5 – Half up ball up to stretch (one does not half up)
2 – Half turn front flip
2 – Lib tick stretch
1 – X out toss
Picture – 4 stretches, three preps, one extension
1 – Front flip over prep
2 – Braced back tucks
2 – Back tuck with full twist
2- Front flip with full twist
2 –Step over front flip
Picture-2 stretches, two hitches

They do another pyramid in the tumbling:
Picture – 4 hitches

some are doubles

Yeah some of my numbers differ a bit (giving them skills not thrown and such). Also, for the TT BHS BHS full, I thought I counted more than 16. I tried going by the rows, which had 4 people in them.

You can stick to doing this, I give. What a nightmare trying to count everything! I won't bother doing Peach and Panthers since you already did.

I will say this-when watching, you see a lot of stuff you may have missed. Stars has the tumbling advantage for sure... Senior Elite is faking a ton as far as tumbling goes (there are a lot of layouts and even tucks in standing tumbling).

Stars stunting is struggling which was obvious by the drops, but they are really lacking in flex. Senior Elite is also banking on the fact that it's too fast to figure out what is going on, because some of the groups are not doing stunts as hard as you think they are. It also looks the most effortless though. F5 stunting is on par, and I think (total assumption) some of it may have been changed just to fit the music.
When I counted Stars I counted by the formation, the first row was 7, meaning the next row was 6,etc. that's how I got to 22. One of my former athletes cheers at WC, not on Stars and she has a video that gives a little more clarity to the routine. The center 6 double instead of full so I gave them their own grouping.

When I counted Stars I counted by the formation, the first row was 7, meaning the next row was 6,etc. that's how I got to 22. One of my former athletes cheers at WC, not on Stars and she has a video that gives a little more clarity to the routine. The center 6 double instead of full so I gave them their own grouping.

Ahhh gotcha. I didn't even bother with the doubles. At that point my eyes were already crossing from trying to count so fast.

Senior Elite is faking a ton as far as tumbling goes (there are a lot of layouts and even tucks in standing tumbling).

I guess watering down and faking is different at this point of the season? I don't know about the other teams but keep counting as the season goes on.

I'm going to say something that seems blasphemous, and maybe it was just the angle of the video:
I think, this year, SE has better tumbling than F5. Yeah, I said it.

It's just looking better executed, particularly. Yes, they (F5) have more standing fulls and they're a difficult skill, but a fair bit of their running tumbling seems bent legs, crossed ankles, etc. Maybe it's their first time out and they're nervous,
I'm not a tumbling coach and I'm just going off from what I watched at SE's most recent video, but a LOT of senior elite's doubles and fulls had a crossed legs and some bent legs, etc. And I could be wrong, so don't shoot or attack me or jump down my throat, but I wouldn't really say that Senior Elite has better execution in their tumbling compared to F5. Not that F5 is perfect and I've noticed what you said about their tumbling, but I just really don't think SE has better execution either. But that's just my opinion.

Stars have all 36 jumps to back - there was a replacement on the mat due to an injury.

I only watched the video once, so I could be wrong, but the last running tumbler doesn't do the jumps to back (Kelsey I think?). There might have been one other tumbler that didn't jump.

I guess watering down and faking is different at this point of the season? I don't know about the other teams but keep counting as the season goes on.

Sorry, I didn't mean it offensively. I just don't notice it when I watch the routine as a whole. I'm assuming most of them will be fulls, especially since the video is over a month old.

I only watched the video once, so I could be wrong, but the last running tumbler doesn't do the jumps to back (Kelsey I think?). There might have been one other tumbler that didn't jump.
Oops I forgot Kelsey and Toni were taken out! Then yes there will be 34 jumping. :)

Back