All-Star The War Has Begun

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Of COURSE I was working all cheersport weekend, but the next two weekends I have off (YAY NCA!!!)..

It'll be interesting to see what Battle looks lik (that's this weekend, isn't it?)- between F5 and SE, it'll be interesting to see how they both score. SE also had this weekend 'off' from competing, I'm curious what changes they might have made. So pumped.

Of COURSE I was working all cheersport weekend, but the next two weekends I have off (YAY NCA!!!)..

It'll be interesting to see what Battle looks lik (that's this weekend, isn't it?)- between F5 and SE, it'll be interesting to see how they both score. SE also had this weekend 'off' from competing, I'm curious what changes they might have made. So pumped.

Cleaner looking 1st stunt, tumbling passes are being worked on over and over for technique and timing, I think their jumps are much better and being worked very hard, and conditioning is about there. No major injuries. Watched them for 8 hours this weekend. On the upswing.

So glad the scores for large senior were so close. Love a good cat fight, it's no fun when someone just comes in and sweeps it. I'd love to see Peach come out on top but my allegances change every other week! haha

last season i definitely was rooting for SE to take worlds, which they did. and again this year SE routine is looking really good. but my heart is set on F5 winning this year, cause that routine is just doing it for me in every way. as far as Stars, i do like their routine, but i dont know if itll be able to stand a chance again this year. as far as peach yes they are clean, but their routine doesnt make me jump up and down with excitement like F5 and SE, so idk.

Just bought our plane tickets. BEYOND excited! Can't even look at the schedule b/c of the butterflies in my stomach! Love & Success!

I will say a couple of other things about SE since I spent time watching them this weekend and some time with the staff. Unlike all the years I have been there, she is not tinkering with the basic routine this year much at all, although I think a surprise is planned for Worlds. Right now, she seems to be only stressing technique, timing, conditioning and I think this is a hard routine if you watch it up close. No slow times or breathing times. That said, it is the exact opposite from last year so she is happy with the basic routine heading into NCA and I have never seen that before.

They are not hitting at the 90% level that I would expect before Worlds. More like 70% so this weekend is a tossup, and NCA not a guarantee. When they hit, they look good, but I would like to add I really like all the other teams as much as far as the routine goes. I see no big advantages, they all look very good.

This is nothing against anyone in particular - but just because you don't like a routine or because it doesn't make you jump with so much excitement you end up creating a mini-earthquake, doesn't mean it isn't going to score highly.

That being said, we all know I snap for those queens. To me, each team is equal. I don't think Peach is as far behind as some think, and I think they way they've been scoring is reflective of that. I think if Shooting Stars hit, they could take it. However, it would be nice to see them break the curse this year.

This is nothing against anyone in particular - but just because you don't like a routine or because it doesn't make you jump with so much excitement you end up creating a mini-earthquake, doesn't mean it isn't going to score highly.

That being said, we all know I snap for those queens. To me, each team is equal. I don't think Peach is as far behind as some think, and I think they way they've been scoring is reflective of that. I think if Shooting Stars hit, they could take it. However, it would be nice to see them break the curse this year.

I'll ask you. What is it that makes one a fan of a certain team in this division or not? Style, location, staff, perception of the kids, parents, colors, uniforms, history of success? Just wondering why these teams stir such passion.

I'll ask you. What is it that makes one a fan of a certain team in this division or not? Style, location, staff, perception of the kids, parents, colors, uniforms, history of success? Just wondering why these teams stir such passion.
I mean for me, F5 winning their first world title was the first thing I'd ever seen in cheerleading. Throughout the years, I've always loved the way Twisters present their routines, from level one through five. And the past two years, I have felt like they were better than their division - and having that love for them has carried through. Many people get emotional watching teams - I mean, even I did watching Senior Elite in finals last year. I used to have huge CEA issues, now, not so much, I'm becoming more and more of a fan every year. I think certain teams do certain things for certain people - and I don't know if I can honestly explain why.

Sorry, I'm in rhetorical analysis college essay mode right now.

For me particularly I love teams that can stunt and who perform different stunts than everyone else. Therefore when I saw the video of senior elite at worlds 2010, I was hooked. Since then they not only give me everything with their stunting but in how they won worlds last year when not many have them a shot. The fact that CSP is a genius and is the most passionate coach I have ever seen only adds to my respect and admiration for them. Finally, meeting some of the parents and kids this year and the way they were so humble and kind to this crazy fan and my girls is something I will never forget!

I remain passionate and supportive of teams from my gym. However, I really can appreciate the talent and excitement that other competitors provide. It's what makes competition so thrilling. And nauseating.

I mean for me, F5 winning their first world title was the first thing I'd ever seen in cheerleading. Throughout the years, I've always loved the way Twisters present their routines, from level one through five. And the past two years, I have felt like they were better than their division - and having that love for them has carried through. Many people get emotional watching teams - I mean, even I did watching Senior Elite in finals last year. I used to have huge CEA issues, now, not so much, I'm becoming more and more of a fan every year. I think certain teams do certain things for certain people - and I don't know if I can honestly explain why.

Sorry, I'm in rhetorical analysis college essay mode right now.

Thanks and not speaking to you specifically with the following until noted specifically. I have always thought the common thread with super popular teams and even star athletes and fans is an attempt by the fan to connect on some level, most effectively on a personal level, with teams or athletes that represent greatness, competence, style or whatever is most important to the fan in a field of great passion for the fan, here cheerleading. I think that is true in many sports. I have noted over the years that some of the biggest critics of a specific team or athlete will change 180 degrees when they make a personal connection with specific teams, or often with fans, a perceived star athlete. I'll use you as an example. As you got to know the CEA staff your opinions and posting changed dramatically and I do not think CEA was doing anything different. But I don't want single you out, just using you as an example. And I am certain you and your teams are quite talented enough to be held up as great to many, but on a national and international level there are only a few, although the truly cheer informed can give you many examples of teams just as talented and competent. I think that personal connection is what drives fandom and it's different expressions. I think that is what drives kids to get autographs and pictures, to stop certain athletes from certain teams. It seems simple, but after observing for many years I think it may be a valid point. And often I think a cold look, a "no I'm busy," a rude "not right now" has such a negative effect on a team and gym when they are approached by fans. When you have passion and are looking to connect, it hurts to be rejected.

What surprises me in large 5 this year is the way the teams are way more equal then before. I truly think that any of the 5 teams could win if they give two "hit" routines. However, that being said, I also could see a team giving two great performances and still not winning. What I really hope for is that we will have one clear winner at the end of the day.

And I hope that team of course is senior elite! :)

Back