All-Star "thigh And Body Rubbing"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is one of our teams (s4) I think the center girl at end of the pyramid is fierce, no thigh rubbing. But cute and attention getting... And I think it's definitely sassy. Not someone rubbing their inner thigh as that's not cute.

In the dance they dance to bend and snap (legally blonde) and they do a move where they bend over and come up their leg. I don't see it as gross as the stunt video because of cea because the stunt video comes off way more inappropriate but I could see how others think it's inappropriate all though it's the opposite of some of the suggested items here.

I do feel that if they try to limit it that .. They would have to limit all or nothing at all because some just don't come off that way to others. So I'm not sure I want to see it banned but I could do without some of the ones I've seen for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omg those poor things doing FIVE HANDSPRINGS to layout across the front!!!!

We tried out at one gym and the dance routine for kids 8 and older was too suggestive lots of dropping it low and rubbing. Not okay.

omg those poor things doing FIVE HANDSPRINGS to layout across the front!!!!
If you noticed the front row did standing 2 bhs whip 2 bhs layout.
The center kids did the same pass. The second row was suppose to do that as well.. And did sometimes but both didn't do it consistently all year so they let them just do bhs sometimes. Lol

Honestly that's kind of where I am with my kids. My youngest decided to go back to diving and I'm a little relieved. It also hurts because back in 2004 I was the biggest cheerleader for All Star. Then I realized that no one is really interested in legitimizing the sport, including the industry itself. When more attention is placed on the uniforms, big hair, and can I make my 5 year old famous, then the actual execution of skills, how do you actually expect anyone outside of cheer to take it seriously?
If the "activity" (because I refuse to call it a sport anymore) is headed down the route of just being athletic pageantry, well that's not what I signed my kids up for.
@ASCheerMan if judges are truely tired of seeing this type of choreography, then STOP rewarding it. Institute deductions for "vulgar or inappropriate choreography" or at the very least the judges can make a note and give a warning. It is really not to hard to determine what is considered appropriate, if it can be seen in movies like Magic Mike and Showgirls...the your team should probably NOT being doing it.
And for the love of Pete, I wish the flyers doing this ridiculousness would think of their bases.
Speaking of diving, imagine if these kinds of "sassy" moves were employed in other sports where there's an element of artistic expression. Diving, gymnastics, synchro, figure skating, for example. Can you imagine giving the judges an eye full of hair-tousling and thigh rubbing before leaping off the platform into the pool? Ridiculous, right? So why is it okay in cheerleading?

This is one of our teams (s4) I think the center girl at end of the pyramid is fierce, no thigh rubbing. But cute and attention getting... And I think it's definitely sassy. Not someone rubbing their inner thigh as that's not cute.

In the dance they dance to bend and snap (legally blonde) and they do a move where they bend over and come up their leg. I don't see it as gross as the stunt video because of cea because the stunt video comes off way more inappropriate but I could see how others think it's inappropriate all though it's the opposite of some of the suggested items here.

I do feel that if they try to limit it that .. They would have to limit all or nothing at all because some just don't come off that way to others. So I'm not sure I want to see it banned but I could do without some of the ones I've seen for sure!

Loved this routine!

Shaking my head at the fact a leader in this industry has to ask us parents, coaches, fans, and owners if we feel it's inappropriate for our 3-18 year old children to rub themselves while performing for us.
Sad that he has to ask because seeing the routines from this past season (or the one before that) would have anyone thinking that many of us are okay with it.

Shaking my head at the fact a leader in this industry has to ask us parents, coaches, fans, and owners if we feel it's inappropriate for our 3-18 year old children to rub themselves while performing for us.
Although I understand your point, I was beyond thrilled that an influential leader (and one that I respect) actually cared enough about our opinions to ask us to share them. I am under the impression he feels as we do and was just asking for public feedback.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Back