All-Star "thigh And Body Rubbing"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Based on you name will assume you are a young male and this explains much as to why our opinions greatly differ. Rubbing your body doesn't make a girl fierce - what they are doing up there is already fierce. What all level 5 athletes do is fierce and amazing. There is no creativity in rubbing your body and in most cases it looks so staged that it looks like a contrite stereotype and pushes cheer and female cheer leaders back about 20 years at least.

We just have differing opinions, I'm also a dancer, and we do far more than just rubbing a thigh.

I'm just used to it, and don't think it's a bad thing whatsoever.

We just have differing opinions, I'm also a dancer, and we do far more than just rubbing a thigh.

I'm just used to it, and don't think it's a bad thing whatsoever.

Totally agree we just have different perspectives based on age, gender, parent versus non parent. I am a former dancer and I guess from the dance perspective there is just so much more to do to show style, timing, spirit and personality so why take it there... to me it just shows a lack of creativity.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] don't give people ideas.

**I promise I don't eat children and I am not gross looking**
My guess is that we'll probably see it 'twin style', with two girls front and center on the mat.

And there'll probably that ONE team (not even alluding to any specific one) that tries to push the envelope and have guys and girls rub on each other on a coed team.

And some outsider with a platform will stumble upon thigh and body rubbing in the same way that they stumbled upon the cheerlebrity phenomenon: through social media. Most likely, in a positive context (i.e. people praising it). Let's just hope they check here at some point and see how much we all hate it and have hated it for a long time.

We just have differing opinions, I'm also a dancer, and we do far more than just rubbing a thigh. I'm just used to it, and don't think it's a bad thing whatsoever.

Take just a moment and think of who your audience is in All Star.....grandparents, mom/dad, sister/brothers. Now, if you enjoy and think it is "fierce" seeing, your grandparents, parents, or siblings thigh rubbing suggestively, there's nothing left to say except perhaps "therapy". We all get the fact there are dancers that do "far more" but, family generally isn't their main audience cheering them on.

Take just a moment and think of who your audience is in All Star.....grandparents, mom/dad, sister/brothers. Now, if you enjoy and think it is "fierce" seeing, your grandparents, parents, or siblings thigh rubbing suggestively, there's nothing left to say except perhaps "therapy". We all get the fact there are dancers that do "far more" but, family generally isn't their main audience cheering them on.

The audiences are essentially the same, in all star its family and peers, same as in dance. The two worlds are very similar.

I don't pretend to have the most popular opinion, but I think my opinion is just as valid as anyone else here.

The audiences are essentially the same, in all star its family and peers, same as in dance. The two worlds are very similar.

I don't pretend to have the most popular opinion, but I think my opinion is just as valid as anyone else here.
But how would you feel if it was your little sister or future daughter doing it in front of random grown men at a competition?

But how would you feel if it was your little sister or future daughter doing it in front of random grown men at a competition?

Part of me just wants to say "he's a guy, he doesn't get it," but that'd be disrespectful - not all guys think this way. But ~17 year old boys probably do, so I'll just say "he's a 17 year old boy, he doesn't get it and there's no use in trying to make him get it."

But I mean, as long as girls look fierce, it's ok, right???? We gals are there to entertain and look sexy that's all that matters so what's the harm :):):):):):):)

I feel like there's an imaginary line when it comes to this. You just don't know when it's crossed until it is. I also think the "thigh and body rubbing" stopped being creative and became a trend. Trends eventually die out, and I'm sure this one will be no different.

I feel like there's an imaginary line when it comes to this. You just don't know when it's crossed until it is. I also think the "thigh and body rubbing" stopped being creative and became a trend. Trends eventually die out, and I'm sure this one will be no different.
I really hope so. I'm sick of seeing kids dance like they work at King of Diamonds.

Even better, maybe it'll be one of those trends at which we look back and cringe, like glitter eye makeup.

The audiences are essentially the same, in all star its family and peers, same as in dance. The two worlds are very similar. I don't pretend to have the most popular opinion, but I think my opinion is just as valid as anyone else here.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but, when you said "dancers do far more than thigh rubbing" I couldn't help but wonder what dance competitions you attend. I'm very familiar with a few dance competitions and I have found 18 and under dance competitions to be very strict on music and movement that can be considered in poor taste or vulgar.

Vibe Dance Competitions:
LANGUAGE/FAMILY CONTENT POLICY
The Vibe Dance Competition is a family event. There will be no tolerance for inappropriate language, songs, costuming or gestures. All choreography and content must be appropriate for family audiences and any content considered to be in poor taste or failure to comply with any of the above will result in performance or studio disqualification. Disqualification is at the sole discretion of High Frequency Productions and The Vibe Dance Competition Directors and management.

WOW:
CHOREOGRAPHY
All routines must be suitable for viewing by audiences of all ages. Vulgar or suggestive music or material is not allowed and may result in .5 point deduction/per judge for each incident and/or disqualification. This includes music and/or choreography implying something vulgar or suggestive

Part of me just wants to say "he's a guy, he doesn't get it," but that'd be disrespectful - not all guys think this way. But ~17 year old boys probably do, so I'll just say "he's a 17 year old boy, he doesn't get it and there's no use in trying to make him get it."

But I mean, as long as girls look fierce, it's ok, right???? We gals are there to entertain and look sexy that's all that matters so what's the harm :):):):):):):)

EXACTLY this why I did not respond further, and found him to be a very respectful young man even though we clearly disagreed. (Someday he may get it and you know what there are for sure female cheerleaders who that like doing it because any attention is positive to them). He (they) can like it all he (they) want - but what these female and male athletes do is fierce and there are definitely far more creative dance moves than trying to be sexy for the audience.

I think there is a fine line between what is too much and what it acceptable. I see the "thigh and body rub" like I did the stomp a few seasons ago (thank you Panthers 2012 for that one), teams do it to try and be sassy. I don't think it's smart to compare cheer to dance, nor get in a male vs. female thing here... I just find those easy cop-outs. As someone else said, YOU KNOW WHEN THE LINE HAS BEEN CROSSED.

Back