All-Star "thigh And Body Rubbing"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Serious question to athletes, coaches, and parents: Do you feel like the 'thigh and body rubbing" trend in all star has gotten out of hand?

YES! Especially to fill time for the prep in the middle of pyramid. I feel like each team is trying to "outdo" eachother in sass and they are just getting more and more suggestive. Nothing wrong with a good ole hair flip and snap but the squatting with rubbing the thighs - too much.

For the most part, yes. The gyrating thigh/body rubbing in a suggestive manner that I've seen some do needs to stop. But, a blanket ban on thigh/body rubbing would also eliminate several moves my CP has been choreographed in the dance which don't translate as "sexy" to me. I'm afraid that by answering yes, we'll end up over-restricted similar to what happened with the revealing uniform poll that eventually led to the new uniform rules.
Defining the separation between the two will become tough...and eventually could waste judge or rule judge time determining if a motion is sassy, sexy, or innocent.

Defining the separation between the two will become tough...and eventually could waste judge or rule judge time determining if a motion is sassy, sexy, or innocent.

So rather than define it, leave it up to judges' opinions in the overall impression score and/or comments.

It's just like with uniforms, some gyms/people will always push the boundaries. IMO, the uniform rules in response to the few gyms with "too sexy" uniforms has directly led to the rise in horrific uniforms (stomach mesh, weird cutouts, thigh high boots, etc.) we've seen the past few seasons. If there are body rubbing rules, then some gyms/athletes will work extra hard to find ways around those rules and the result may be worse than the original problem.

Yes it absolutely is. That's always been my fear with my older CP being on Senior teams. She's only 12 and I want her to act only 12. I am very thankful that we are involved with what I consider to be a very classy, conservative, and skills only focused program. I'll be 100% honest, if my daughter were ever involved in a dance/choreography that looked suggestive I'd pull her out in a heartbeat. She's a cheerleader not a stripper in training.

I just really wonder how parents who think this is okay rationalize it to themselves. JMO

I feel like there's a classy way to do these types of moves without it be suggestive of anything. And there's a less class and more suggestive way to doing it as a lot of teams do now, they're trying to be "fierce" and most of the time it comes out very much like something you'd see in an old school rap music video. I think if we figured out how to have all teams across the board to teach it and perform it the classy way, we won't have a problem

It reminds me of the "bend and snap" from Legally Blonde. I view it as just another trend, and I suspect we'll be seeing it far less frequently this season. I have seen it done in a manner in which it was not inappropriate in any way, but sadly, that wasn't the norm for most.

Back