All-Star "thigh And Body Rubbing"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's gone too far. Sometimes it's cute, but when it's like youth-age athletes.....no. There's no need for that.

I really appreciate it. It seems a vast majority of people feel like it has its time and place but has been going overboard lately. I keep hearing judges say that it's gotten to be too much and coaches that feel the same way but also feel like they need to incorporate it to be competitive.

The overriding question is: when does it go from being 'sassy' to 'sexy.' I don't know that I agree that our athletes look like stripper pole dancers, but I hate that weve opened ourselves to that type of speculation.

he overriding question is: when does it go from being 'sassy' to 'sexy.'
Unfortunately, there will never be an agreement on just where that line is for senior teams. I think we are closer to being able to agree what is inappropriate for the youngest kids. When I see competitive dancers, I think how nice that cheer is so much more conservative in dress, make up and moves!

I really appreciate it. It seems a vast majority of people feel like it has its time and place but has been going overboard lately. I keep hearing judges say that it's gotten to be too much and coaches that feel the same way but also feel like they need to incorporate it to be competitive.

The overriding question is: when does it go from being 'sassy' to 'sexy.' I don't know that I agree that our athletes look like stripper pole dancers, but I hate that weve opened ourselves to that type of speculation.
You might have to just give out blanket warnings on anything borderline the first couple competitions. Even if the comment is simply 'tone it down next time or get a deduction.' Sometimes it's easier to say when you see it happen. Or even just use clips of what you don't want to see anymore. I'm more than willing to make a hilarious infomercial of what NOT to do in a center prep, featuring fantastic moves such as The Squatty Potty Booty Pop (a classic choice), The Body Roll Breakdown (50% chance of stunt fall!), Sweaty Palm Thigh Swipe (hey- there's lots of hand holding in center prep. Maybe they're just nervous!) and for dance- the Berserk Twerk (high chance of back injury- use with caution!).

The funny thing about the Cheer Savannah video- the center prep, fabulous. And then you get to dance and there's one girl bending another over and grinding. *sigh*

To me it wasn't sexual at all, and I don't think that just because she touched her thighs it should be perceived that way. It probably wasn't necessary, but I found it to be sassy rather than "sexy."

Exactly!

My thoughts!!
I dont look at these moves as being sexy at all. I think of them as adding a little flavor a little sass to set their team apart from all the rest of the talented teams.

I may be one of the few but i think its just performing and we shouldn't make everything be so sexual. Its only sexual if you yourself look at it that way.

Exactly!

My thoughts!!
I dont look at these moves as being sexy at all. I think of them as adding a little flavor a little sass to set their team apart from all the rest of the talented teams.

I may be one of the few but i think its just performing and we shouldn't make everything be so sexual. Its only sexual if you yourself look at it that way.
I have to disagree, some things are unmistakeably sexual. IMO, the LB move was sassy, but borderline sexy. I wouldn't put it into a routine.

I have to disagree, some things are unmistakeably sexual. IMO, the LB move was sassy, but borderline sexy. I wouldn't put it into a routine.

I guess i just dont see how rubbing ones leg is sexual. There isnt anything about rubbing on a leg that i find sexual.

Different prespectives for diff people.

I think a solution to the problem is to tell the judges to feel free to lower the choreography/performance score if they feel it is too much. It is one of the advantages of having part of the score sheet be subjective. Some judges may be ok with certain moves, others may not be. If I'm a coach I'm not going to be willing to take a chance by having a motion in my routine that is going to lower my score.

I guess i just dont see how rubbing ones leg is sexual. There isnt anything about rubbing on a leg that i find sexual.

Different prespectives for diff people.
Rubbing on the outside? Not sexual.

Rubbing on the inside? Very sexual.

Just my opinion.

I think a solution to the problem is to tell the judges to feel free to lower the choreography/performance score if they feel it is too much. It is one of the advantages of having part of the score sheet be subjective. Some judges may be ok with certain moves, others may not be. If I'm a coach I'm not going to be willing to take a chance by having a motion in my routine that is going to lower my score.
Genius!

Exactly!

My thoughts!!

We aren't the ones making it sexual. They're the ones posing for a picture with their thighs spread with their bedroom eyes (credit for this phrase goes to someone else but me, can't remember who said it) on, they're the ones trying to look like girls in a Tech N9ne video because they think it's "fierce".

Bet their future employer, college scout, grandma doesn't think that's "fierce"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We aren't the ones making it sexual. They're the ones posing for a picture with their thighs spread with their bedroom eyes (credit for this phrase goes to someone else but me, can't remember who said it) on, they're the ones trying to look like girls in a Tech N9ne video because they think it's "fierce".

@Cheermom1969 LOL!

You might have to just give out blanket warnings on anything borderline the first couple competitions. Even if the comment is simply 'tone it down next time or get a deduction.' Sometimes it's easier to say when you see it happen. Or even just use clips of what you don't want to see anymore. I'm more than willing to make a hilarious infomercial of what NOT to do in a center prep, featuring fantastic moves such as The Squatty Potty Booty Pop (a classic choice), The Body Roll Breakdown (50% chance of stunt fall!), Sweaty Palm Thigh Swipe (hey- there's lots of hand holding in center prep. Maybe they're just nervous!) and for dance- the Berserk Twerk (high chance of back injury- use with caution!).

The funny thing about the Cheer Savannah video- the center prep, fabulous. And then you get to dance and there's one girl bending another over and grinding. *sigh*

@ASCheerMan please hire @kristenthegreat to do this. Unless you want to, to add to your shimmy compilation video.

No.clue what pics you're talking about, i thought we were discussing performances

I am curious how old all our kids are from the people commenting in this thread.

Back