All-Star This Year's Holiday Wish List

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I want a larger trampoline, but I won't ask for it. I got a springfree trampoline around Worlds 2012, and although they're pretty expensive, they are so so worth it! my parents would never let me have one (i got it when i was 13. I've wanted one for 11 years basically haha) my tumbling gym had one and it made them change their minds. I've never gotten hurt on it seriously. (I have broken a toe though. Because my foot got caught in the net.. better than flying off!).

But seriously, if your CP/ if you want a trampoline, definitely check them out cause my parents are anti-trampoline people and they love it!

Wow, sorry but you must not have a limit of how much you spend because I would say she got enough already.

My budget is $200/child. And that is questionable this year. I am having some medical issues at the moment so we will have to see what happens this week at the Dr.

But to get back track, I would call it good, or go to an Angel Tree and buy some gifts in your daughter's name.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Wow, sorry but you must not have a limit of how much you spend because I would say she got enough already.

My budget is $200/child. And that is questionable this year. I am having some medical issues at the moment so we will have to see what happens this week at the Dr.

But to get back track, I would call it good, or go to an Angel Tree and buy some gifts in your daughter's name.

I definitely don't have lots of money I'm just sad her items this year are all expensive so she doesn't appear to have as much. I also feel bad she knows about several of those items. And I'm not purchasing the uggs although she will get them on Christmas Day but that's my moms doing. My child does not have much of anything at all and I feel like this is the one time a year I have money to buy her things.

I definitely don't have lots of money I'm just sad her items this year are all expensive so she doesn't appear to have as much. I also feel bad she knows about several of those items. And I'm not purchasing the uggs although she will get them on Christmas Day but that's my moms doing. My child does not have much of anything at all and I feel like this is the one time a year I have money to buy her things.
I don't think you have any reason to feel guilty. It's a great way to teach her about money, quality over quantity, etc. I encourage you to only spend what you can afford and not to think too much about the number of gifts. If she gets what she asked for, then she'll be happy. No need to throw on random extras.

So I need some help...

I'm in search for a few final items for my daughter under the tree. I feel like she has expensive items but not that many things to actually open.

She is getting the new teal beats by dre drenched in color. These were the number 1 on her wish list.
She also wanted some nike free's like the big girls at our gym have and since my 8 year old now wears bigger shoes then me she is in a size 7 women's and she got those.
She told my mom she wanted Ugg boots and her friend got some for her birthday last month and now my mom is going to buy those for my kid. Not an ideal choice as my kid wants the bailey bow black with silver lizard uggs. I think that is to much for boots and it is dumb but you can't tell grandma anything!

She also got a Vera Bradley bag she a asked me for a long time ago that goes over your shoulder.
She is getting a new iPhone and iPad case.
A new nike pro set and 2 bows.

I've got her 4 or 5 new outfits, some little dumb stuff from Claire's and bath and body works in her favorite scent that I think stinks lol.

I just need a few more things because she doesn't get as much as she normally gets and I'm out of ideas ...

I really feel bad BECAUSE she knows about the beats, the nike frees, bath and body works, and some of the clothes. Therefore I'm wrapping stuff she already knows about and I really want her to be surprised so I feel like I must get her more. I know it's not all about getting but my kid does without a lot of things so I really want it to be special for her!

Oh and our gym is having a Debbie love clinic a few days before Christmas and she is getting that as well but I told her that too.:(
Funny - mine is getting/asking for similar things too! I hope you saw my FBook posts Kris and got the Beats for $105-$110...we have Beats from last year, my kids paid full boat ugh. G wants Uggs (got them at outlet), an iphone (from my connection store in Florida new and discounted), Vera Bradley campus backpack (my mom) CA warm ups (nothing discounted about CA lol) and Books.......B wants Nfinity backpack I will get blinged, CA warmups, , American girl doll, basketball hoop and she's getting a stunt stand. Now I just need little things...They have had Rainbow looms for over a year so I got more rubberbands on groupon, a "starbucks" bow from my friend at justcheerbows.com ..... First Texas Christmas - I hope they are happy and appreciate it all.....I got 80% of everything on sale, outlets, eBay or with gift cards or points....

while i really was always spoiled by my grandparents and my wish list has become more expensive over the years, my parents philosophy of birthday/christmas was always "something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read" period. granted there were a quite a few books and clothes, that's it. and i turned out just fine. and i hope i never have a child who has the audacity to write up a $1000+ christmas list.

this isn't a dig at anyone in the thread, if you have the money and can swing it, go crazy. it just isn't how i was brought up, i guess. carry on. :) (seriously, i actually handed my mom a list of places to find what i wanted the cheapest, along with coupons. i just feel bad)

I just hate what Christmas has become. And like you this isn't attacking anyone but I just feel like what's popular today doesn't allow children to be children.

Growing up we got 1 doll, 2 games to share, 1 toy to use outside, clothes from the grandmother, a cd or two and some little things...and this was until we were like 9.

@Kris10boo I completely get where you're coming from. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I grew up somewhat similarly to your CP (only child to young hardworking parent(s)) so I understand wanting to make sure she has some surprise presents too. Try looking at vat19.com or fatbraintoys.com. I know you said she isn't huge on toys but they have tons of unique toys/activities and plenty of them are under $15 so you could end up with more wrapped presents for her to open

The Fierce Board App!

while i really was always spoiled by my grandparents and my wish list has become more expensive over the years, my parents philosophy of birthday/christmas was always "something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read" period. granted there were a quite a few books and clothes, that's it. and i turned out just fine. and i hope i never have a child who has the audacity to write up a $1000+ christmas list.

this isn't a dig at anyone in the thread, if you have the money and can swing it, go crazy. it just isn't how i was brought up, i guess. carry on. :) (seriously, i actually handed my mom a list of places to find what i wanted the cheapest, along with coupons. i just feel bad)

Yes. This. Christmas is about the season of giving, not the season of asking and wanting. It doesn't even feel like Christmas anymore because everything is want, want, want. I cannot imagine asking for half the stuff kids ask for nowadays. I felt bad putting a ski helmet on my list but I looked for the best deal and it's for my own safety. I honestly don't expect to get it and I have saved up money incase I don't. I hate making a Christmas list. It's probably my least favorite thing about Christmas. I enjoy your philosophy of gifts, though. It's cute and simple and practical. I hope if I ever have kids I will remember that.

@Kris10boo , do you have a Five Below store near you? It's like a dollar store, but the stuff is five dollars and less. There are all kinds of cool things you can get in there that would be fun for a kid your daughter's age, and you wouldn't have to spend a lot. This might be a good way to bulk up the underside of the tree without breaking the bank. Have a fun Christmas!

I really want to ask for Beats headphones but
a) my mom would bury me alive before she would pay $250+ for headphones
b) i would hate to have them spend so much.

What other headphones/earbuds are really good quality but won't cost an arm/leg?

ETA: I was gonna put nike pro's on my online christmas list (yourchristmaslist.com) (its pretty cool) but seriously every place that sells them DOESNT HAVE SMALLS. ugh

Last edited:
....Not to kill the happiness, but I've got a lot of friends who do work with audio and laugh every time someone mentions the 'Beats' headphones. I always thought they were overpriced junk, with actually terrible quality for what you're looking for when you buy something like that. They're ok for pop/rap music, but even then, general consensus I've gotten (again, from audio people I know), is that they ain't worth the dollars.

Yes, you're favorite celeb might have them, but I guarantee they were in some swag bag from Tribeca FF or Sundance or some other music gala. I doubt they'd buy them and if they did- it's an accessory, not for function.

ETA: If you want the look and have the dough- be my guest. I just wouldn't do it without a VERY good reason. Or a coupon.

I saw on Les Stella's Facebook that he started this website:

goodforcheer.com

Hopefully lots of people can get involved and help make a little girl or boy's Christmas magical :) I can't wait to start up a drive at my gym!

So I need some help...

I'm in search for a few final items for my daughter under the tree. I feel like she has expensive items but not that many things to actually open.

She is getting the new teal beats by dre drenched in color. These were the number 1 on her wish list.
She also wanted some nike free's like the big girls at our gym have and since my 8 year old now wears bigger shoes then me she is in a size 7 women's and she got those.
She told my mom she wanted Ugg boots and her friend got some for her birthday last month and now my mom is going to buy those for my kid. Not an ideal choice as my kid wants the bailey bow black with silver lizard uggs. I think that is to much for boots and it is dumb but you can't tell grandma anything!

She also got a Vera Bradley bag she a asked me for a long time ago that goes over your shoulder.
She is getting a new iPhone and iPad case.
A new nike pro set and 2 bows.

I've got her 4 or 5 new outfits, some little dumb stuff from Claire's and bath and body works in her favorite scent that I think stinks lol.

I just need a few more things because she doesn't get as much as she normally gets and I'm out of ideas ...

I really feel bad BECAUSE she knows about the beats, the nike frees, bath and body works, and some of the clothes. Therefore I'm wrapping stuff she already knows about and I really want her to be surprised so I feel like I must get her more. I know it's not all about getting but my kid does without a lot of things so I really want it to be special for her!

Oh and our gym is having a Debbie love clinic a few days before Christmas and she is getting that as well but I told her that too.:(
I work at this place kinda like libby lu and we sell these glitter tattoos that come with 15 stencils (reusable) and a bottle of glue and 6 tubes of glitter they have a bunch of different stencils and the tattoos stay on for a week and if u want them off early they come off with makeup remover theyre called glitter toos :) it migjt be something to consider :)

....Not to kill the happiness, but I've got a lot of friends who do work with audio and laugh every time someone mentions the 'Beats' headphones. I always thought they were overpriced junk, with actually terrible quality for what you're looking for when you buy something like that. They're ok for pop/rap music, but even then, general consensus I've gotten (again, from audio people I know), is that they ain't worth the dollars.

Yes, you're favorite celeb might have them, but I guarantee they were in some swag bag from Tribeca FF or Sundance or some other music gala. I doubt they'd buy them and if they did- it's an accessory, not for function.

ETA: If you want the look and have the dough- be my guest. I just wouldn't do it without a VERY good reason. Or a coupon.

^^^This 100 times!! Beats are ridiculous. Dh is an audio engineer and can't for the life of him figure out why people buy them. I'm guessing it's for the name? Sennheiser is one if the top if the line and even a wireless pro pair will only set you back $100. The ones we have at home are pro audio and still only cost $139.
Don't believe the hype.

Back