All-Star Treatment For Wrist Pain?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter has been doing quite a bit of stunting lately; she's on an all-girl team but has been taking privates as well as working with her oldest brother on partner stunting. This last week or so she's been complaining about wrist and forearm pain. We believe it's been caused by twisting and straight toss stunts with a single base. Is there anything she/we can do for her arms? I've had her use a tennis ball to stretch it out and some ice as well but it hasn't helped much yet. (Also, do you think it would be wise/practical to purchase her a set of bandannas to tie around her wrists like the boys wear?)

Any input or suggestions would be fantastic. Thanks!
In terms of treatment I would def. recommend a doctor but if it turns out nothing is seriously wrong I would try having her play with playdoh and taking a rubber band putting it around her fingers and having her open and close them over and over. One of our coaches is a physical therapist and this is what she recommended for my stunt team bases to strengthen their wrists...

@cheerdadof4 what did the doc say?
Any news?

Sorry about the late reply, I haven't had a chance until now. We took CP to the doctor and thankfully its that can't be fixed with some TLC. :) She has a small amount tendinitis in her left wrist as well as suspected muscle fatigue. The doctor also noticed some bruising on her wrists and CP admitted that she often ends up with marks after throwing partner stunts...her base knows to go a little easier on her from now on.

As far as treatment goes, she's going to take a small break from open gyms and privates, and go easy on it for awhile as not to aggravate it more. We've set up some appointments with our physiotherapist; already seeing vast improvements and CP's complaining of less pain!..perhaps soon she'll be able to empty the dishwasher again, haha. ;)

Sorry about the late reply, I haven't had a chance until now. We took CP to the doctor and thankfully its that can't be fixed with some TLC. :) She has a small amount tendinitis in her left wrist as well as suspected muscle fatigue. The doctor also noticed some bruising on her wrists and CP admitted that she often ends up with marks after throwing partner stunts...her base knows to go a little easier on her from now on.

As far as treatment goes, she's going to take a small break from open gyms and privates, and go easy on it for awhile as not to aggravate it more. We've set up some appointments with our physiotherapist; already seeing vast improvements and CP's complaining of less pain!..perhaps soon she'll be able to empty the dishwasher again, haha. ;)
I hear the dishwasher is great PT. ;)

Back