All-Star Trends You Hope Will Die After Worlds 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It makes me wonder how many coaches out there say, "yes do that..that looks fierce....blah blah blah..." rather than even doing some sort of transition or anything besides being in a prep for too many counts.

The body rubbing thing... We're cheerleaders, not exotic dancers.
Like seriously, if I had a dollar for the amount of personal caressing that was happening JUST in center pyramid preps alone, I could probably pay off my student loans tomorrow. And my sisters.

Feel fierce in your prep. Feel fierce in your dance. Please don't feel yourself up. Grazie.

Also, crossing the fine line from fierce to freaky. There were definitely some people who were "in the moment to the point" where their moves got sloppy/distracting. I'm not saying be boring, but I think Swain is the perfect example of being a captivating presence without being demanding/needy. It's the difference between 'LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME I AM FIERCE' and 'You can't stop watching my awesome moves, bro.'

My first one would be:
"No, thank you, i don´t wanna feel this moment, i don´t wanna play with magic, i´m not going down and yelling timber and i think you shouldn´t come in like a wreking ball."

Too much tan. If you look more unnatural than your little sisters barbie, it´s too much.

Pyramid middlelayer doing more choreography than the whole team in dance.

If you touch down on tumbling, it´s okay, just stand up, clean and walk to your spot. You can´t fool me doing all this fierce stomping, because i´ve seen it.

Unequal body positions. I know, not everyone can have a needle. And if you place them right, you can have three needles and two beautiful scorpions and i won´t be distraced at all. But 1 needle, two beautiful scorps and then some kind of i-have-my-foot-and-i-can-touch-my-ellbow body positions (seen a lot on international teams) is not working for me. Especially because from my point of view flexibility is a flyers job and they can work on it every.single.day. You don´t need a gym, you don´t need your stunt group, you don´t need your coach. Work on it. Please.

Cheerleaders rubbing their body through the routine. Are there extra points for that? Than i get it. If not - please stop.
I´m already afraid of what choreographers will come around with for the new season. I mean, how do you top that? Can we go back to a normal level of fierce, natural smiles and just being beautiful und sweet while performing your amazing skills? That´d be great.

Haha, plus if you fall you might bite part of your tongue off... I may or may not know from experience.:oops:

PS. I was 3 don't judge me.
hope you weren't wearing a white uniform...

speaking of which (and this applies across the board with all types of cheer) EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP FOLLOWING THE SAME UNIFORM TRENDS. First it was all white, then all black. What's next?

hope you weren't wearing a white uniform...

speaking of which (and this applies across the board with all types of cheer) EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP FOLLOWING THE SAME UNIFORM TRENDS. First it was all white, then all black. What's next?
We should have a "throwback" year where everyone gets an old uniform remade & wear that all season.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back