All-Star Trends You Hope Will Die After Worlds 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I understand your point but when the competition is still half an hour behind, the time argument isn't super valid. Especially when the divisions didn't alternate...a quick hug really wouldn't have held up the schedule. However like you said, I know my teams were just as happy celebrating off the floor while watching their playback video so I guess it doesn't matter!

I agree that the wording of the rule is extreme and that a quick hug isn't a big deal, but I think that they're just trying to make it as black & white as possible. Quick hugs and high fives aren't what made this rule necessary, teams that made a big production of their celebration are, and I'm willing to bet that any gray area would be quickly abused and argued by some teams.

It's just frustrating to read so many posts from people that are acting like the USASF is preventing people from celebrating anywhere, ever, at all, because they want to suck all the joy and happiness out of the world. They're just trying to tackle one more logistical issue so maybe someday Worlds will be able to run on time.

I'm aware. I didn't say they were robbed or anything. ICE should have won. I'm just saying I hope the trend of SSX coming close every year can end with them finally getting that elusive gold next season.
Aaah okay that makes much more sense!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Also, I said this last year & I'll say it again... But I ABSOLUTELY hate when crowds will yell like crazy for a big name team that has 3 sf, and busted tumbling. But barely cheer for a less known team that hits their routine with just as much difficulty. It upsets me a little that these other teams work just as hard to put a routine out on the mat, but not very many people care because they're not one of the big gyms

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Bad sportsmanship both from the athletes, parents, and fans
Cheerlebrity "meet and greets"
Bows that "smell"
Established gyms being scored on last year's (or even older) reputation versus what they put on the floor today
Mesh on uniforms
Having too many At Large Bid teams at Worlds
Choreographed running tucks/layouts on level 5
A team leaving the stage ANYWAY but on their feet
Not being able to enjoy a great performance by hugging your teammates
Parents who think their children are level 5, when clearly Suzie is a level 3
Cheer moms (and dads) wearing cheer bows (that includes uniforms, warm ups, etc)
Teams that move between Level 5, Restricted 5, Level 1...

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If someone references a certain stunt from a certain team and claiming it to be theirs and their divine right to do it ONE MORE TIME.
Smoed nor senior elite were the first teams to actually do the stunts that they're constantly referenced for.

That shows me you've never seen a cheer video from before 2010...
Everything is repeated, recycled, and improved on. Skills aren't trademarked.

Last edited:
Bad sportsmanship both from the athletes, parents, and fans
Cheerlebrity "meet and greets"
Bows that "smell"
Established gyms being scored on last year's (or even older) reputation versus what they put on the floor today
Mesh on uniforms
Having too many At Large Bid teams at Worlds
Choreographed running tucks/layouts on level 5
A team leaving the stage ANYWAY but on their feet
Not being able to enjoy a great performance by hugging your teammates
Parents who think their children are level 5, when clearly Suzie is a level 3
Cheer moms (and dads) wearing cheer bows (that includes uniforms, warm ups, etc)
Teams that move between Level 5, Restricted 5, Level 1...
I know you didn't just say that dads were wearing cheer bows.... I get it in the context of a joke, but trying to live through your cheer daughter by wearing one is a little odd.

Last edited:
Back