All-Star "tricking" Or "corking" In Cheer, The Future?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wanna say that it was KC Cheer that had 2 boys do something in their routine similar to these things back like 3 years ago maybe?

So your telling me this http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpMNeaQsq_8&feature=player_embedded&h=625e5 couldn't be adapted to cheer? Your telling me this has no place? Your telling me this can't work? Well I argue ANYONE that can do double punch double through to triple has a place in MY gym. And who knows, maybe "tricking" could help, its OBVIOUS they know how to spin bahaha.
he pretty much did a one legged standing double to one legged standing double wowwwww! thats awesome!

there were guys tricking at my gym!? how did i miss this!? lol
i have respect for tricksters, i could never do what they do. but they are tricking,not cheering, therefore, it does not belong in cheerleading.
i used to cheer with a guy that did that. his name was john, and we said he was a ninja. so we called him ninjohn.

Funny, maybe you two do research
Wikipedia: Tricking (short for "martial arts tricking") is the informal name of a relatively new underground alternative sport movement, combining martial arts, gymnastics, and other activities to create an "aesthetic blend of flips, kicks, and twists."

Martial arts (literally meaning arts of war[1] but usually referred as fighting arts)

Tricking is for me a sport, for people they try many things of differnt sports fast, without the knowlegde of the basics.
If i see trickers i clap my hands over my head, becuase they don´t nothing about gymnastic basics. Everyone say it looks sloppy and why is it?
I don´t want to go off topic, so i stop to discuss the difference between tricking and Material arts.[/quote]

so basically im still correct. you can put MARTIAL ARTS AND TRICKING into the same sentence because of your facts from WIKIPEDIA...."combining martial arts and gymnastics" which is in your definition...so yeahh...yu can put it into the same sentence...thank you for proving my point:D

So your telling me this http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpMNeaQsq_8&feature=player_embedded&h=625e5 couldn't be adapted to cheer? Your telling me this has no place? Your telling me this can't work? Well I argue ANYONE that can do double punch double through to triple has a place in MY gym. And who knows, maybe "tricking" could help, its OBVIOUS they know how to spin bahaha.

LOVE THIS GUY!! Totally BA!

I can't believe some people are saying they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between this and "bad tumbling"...at least that's what some people are implying

Wow. I saw someone doing this in a routine at a recent competition. I thought they just had a janky full, didn't realize they were doing it on purpose, LOL.

Someone at "So You Think You Can Tumble" at CHEERSPORT did tricking. Think he messed up his "normal" pass a little (?) so ended with a little bit of it. Scared me at first because I had no idea what was going on...

I'm kind of shocked at how many people were so quick to say this "tricking" is not a real sport. Gee sounds familiar huh? As much crap as we get from outsiders that constantly suggest that cheerleading is not a sport, how can you begin to part your lips to discredit another sport or physical event. While I personally do not care for tricking, to each his/her own. I know I personally cannot do what I just witnessed those guys do in the video and that alone earns my respect. Don't bash these guys/girls, tricking is THEIR passion. And I highly doubt that they said tricking is going to be the new tumbling pass of 2012. I'm sure there will be a few teams to try and incorporate it into their routines but just don't bash them for what they do. If they love it and they're happy, who are you to judge. Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion but don't do to them what people do to our industry and discredit us as a sport.......it's just not fair.

LOVE THIS GUY!! Totally BA!

I can't believe some people are saying they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between this and "bad tumbling"...at least that's what some people are implying
get ready for michael guthrie at NCA. he will be competing with kc cheers small lmtd. coed. its going to be awesome!

Back