All-Star Trinity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

New gym, only started competing at Cheersport regional in February. They were under a different coach's direction at the time, that coach is now coaching at GA (and used to coach at GA many years ago too, remember the theme year?). Gianni was a coach at GA last year and the year before (coached the phenomenal Dolce's and the sassy Coco's among others), but left last fall, and is now the allstar director at Trinity. In his, and our, eyes, THIS is Trinity's first season, under totally new direction. New unis, new style, everything new. The gym is gorgeous and very high tech (there was a thread earlier this year about new facilities, there are a LOT of pictures of Trinity's gym there - put up by Paparazzi, who takes a lot of candids at comps for teams here in GA).

As for Gianni, he has coached Cheer Athletics Panthers to win the very first Worlds, he has worked with Senior Elite, coached at ACX, is a fabulous choreographer, has been a groundbreaker in this industry, and has a very impressive retinue of accomplishments under his belt. The best thing about him, though, is the person he is - he is honest to a fault, straightforward, funny as heck, amazing cheer coach, loves his kids and always has their best at heart, and loyal down to the bones. My daughter became very close to him when he was her coach at GA, and she followed him to Trinity. Recently, Trinity also was blessed to welcome Tonya Rice to its staff, and she is also a fantastic, warm, friendly person who is very encouraging to the kids and builds their skills and their confidence alike. You can see what a special lady she is when you meet the children she is raising - beautiful, sweet, ladylike, and talented, kids anyone would be proud to claim as their own. So G and Tonya are truly a dynamic duo! Here is a link to the Trinity Athletic website, you can read about them better than I can tell you:

Trinity Athletics

We are so very excited about this inaugural season, and about the high level of interest from the highly talented kids at every level who are still coming through our doors to try out and meet the fabulous coaches and facility they have the opportunity to train with! I know my daughter is absolutely over the moon, first of all that she gets to cheer for G again, second that she gets to tumble with Tonya (dream come true!), third of all that kids she cheered with before but left behind are now under the same roof she is again, and fourth of all, that under G's exacting eye, those new uni's are going to have these teams looking FABULOUS!!! ;-)

First I want to thank you for coming on here and answering questions that people have. Secondly , I do have a comment/question....How do you consider 'G' as you guys call him to be loyal down to the bone? Loyal to me would be staying with a program longer then 2 seasons and not hoping around. Don't get me wrong, I have met him and know that he is talented. I have been in the warm up room with him while he was at CA and when he was with his first program after that - Dynasty ( first pink and black team I really remember) anyways what I am trying to say is ...he has coached in multiple places so I question the loyalty to the programs he has been with. Are you saying that he is loyal to the kids down to the bone? Cause if that was the case he would not have to leave his old employer and go to a new gym, his kids would still be at GA....do you see what I mean?

Again, thanks for coming on here. I think that when any programs shows up and ruffles feathers you are going to have alot of different reactions. I just hope that your new gym is everything it has built itself up to be, I would hate to see kids promised things that can't be delivered. It sounds alot like what Famous Athletics was doing around this time last year, with the great facility and pulling in all these big name coaches and we see where that got them. Cheer Peace Be With you. :shaka:

I have no awareness of any athlete being offered free tuition. It was never discussed with us parents.
As it should not be because it's NOBODIES business but the owners and the people it is offered to. You don't have to defend any of it because honestly none of that matters. The only thing that truly bothers me is the way he has spoken to the kids who have left. An ADULT should NEVER speak to a child the way he has, no matter how "hurt" they are. The rest of who is where and why is not a concern of mine. :)

First I want to thank you for coming on here and answering questions that people have. Secondly , I do have a comment/question....How do you consider 'G' as you guys call him to be loyal down to the bone? Loyal to me would be staying with a program longer then 2 seasons and not hoping around. Don't get me wrong, I have met him and know that he is talented. I have been in the warm up room with him while he was at CA and when he was with his first program after that - Dynasty ( first pink and black team I really remember) anyways what I am trying to say is ...he has coached in multiple places so I question the loyalty to the programs he has been with. Are you saying that he is loyal to the kids down to the bone? Cause if that was the case he would not have to leave his old employer and go to a new gym, his kids would still be at GA....do you see what I mean?

Again, thanks for coming on here. I think that when any programs shows up and ruffles feathers you are going to have alot of different reactions. I just hope that your new gym is everything it has built itself up to be, I would hate to see kids promised things that can't be delivered. It sounds alot like what Famous Athletics was doing around this time last year, with the great facility and pulling in all these big name coaches and we see where that got them. Cheer Peace Be With you. :shaka:

Thank you! Not easy :) . Anyway, yes I meant loyal as in to his kids, and fiercely. I did not know him before we met him at GA, but I do now, and that is the person whom I describe to you. Leaving GA was not his choice, please don't fault him for that - but it is perfectly logical to me that his former athletes would take the opportunity to be coached by him again. Mine is thrilled!

I have no problem with athletes getting "scholarships" as gyms like to call them to cheer for free, but I still have an issue with GA claiming that ESPN is giving scholarships to 20 MALES to cheer at their gym without any proof of that being fact. I have talked to a few parents in Georgia and they too are suspicious about the ESPN scholarships, one is actually thinking about contacting ESPN for answers. It seems fishy all around but especially how it was announced days after they failed to make finals at worlds. To me it was a way to get guys to their gym, which is fine, but if ESPN isn't involved then those athletes were lied to.
When the merger with Trinity fell through and then the awkward tweets happening on the GA twitter started I began to feel like something wasn't right within that gym. Correct me if I am wrong but have they not switched buildings multiple times since they have been back? Wasn't that one of the reasons they wanted to merge with Trinity? How many other gyms bounce from location to location so often? Their twitter was pimping out tryouts like nobodies business. Did anyone else not think the "tall, short, skinny or chunky GA coed will fly them all" tweet was awkward? Who tweets something like that? Then word that they are having a shuttle to bring athletes in from Cobb County (i think that was the county). Didn't we already have a gym become a mess after announcing something identical to this???
Something funky is going down within the Atlanta area and it will make for a crazy season.
I wish Angel and Shayla all the luck in the world at their new gym and I hope that they are truly happy. They are two athletes with amazing skill that should be showcased for the world to see. Goodluck to all Georgia gyms this season and please try your hardest to keep the drama outside of the gym walls.

As it should not be because it's NOBODIES business but the owners and the people it is offered to. You don't have to defend any of it because honestly none of that matters. The only thing that truly bothers me is the way he has spoken to the kids who have left. An ADULT should NEVER speak to a child the way he has, no matter how "hurt" they are. The rest of who is where and why is not a concern of mine. :)

Couldn't agree more. :)

Thank you! Not easy :) . Anyway, yes I meant loyal as in to his kids, and fiercely. I did not know him before we met him at GA, but I do now, and that is the person whom I describe to you. Leaving GA was not his choice, please don't fault him for that - but it is perfectly logical to me that his former athletes would take the opportunity to be coached by him again. Mine is thrilled!
I was not aware of how he left GA, but either way my biggest concern will always be for the kids, so I hope everything shakes out and the year moves on . =)

Well it's not the first time a GA "merger" or "new gym" opening has fallen through. They came to Peachtree City to "open" and then backed out after tryouts which seemed awfully fishy to me but again that's for those other parents to worry about because my children were not a part of it.

Well it's not the first time a GA "merger" or "new gym" opening has fallen through. They came to Peachtree City to "open" and then backed out after tryouts which seemed awfully fishy to me but again that's for those other parents to worry about because my children were not a part of it.
Out of all of this , the best part is that ACE has been silent from what I can see , class act. =)

Yeah seems like no mergers ever work!!

Welp, I wish the best to both gyms but something still is not clean in the water.
I shall definitely enjoy the upcoming season
tumblr_m3cy0aj7GS1r76cts.gif
ROTFL!

Back