All-Star Uniforms: Illegal Or Not?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

USASF called. Your concerns have been voted on. We cannot have our athletes in danger. Uniforms are changing and will be mandatory!
unitard-1.jpg
Just gotta make sure it's not white and too tight or we will be seeing stuff that is better left unseen.

I'm surprised with all this talk about Cells' chokers & such, that no one has said anything about the bandannas Fierce Allstars wear around their necks for day 2 of two day competitions. I don't believe it's attached to their uniform either.

I honestly feel like if that choker on Cells uniform is deemed illegal then the uniforms like Starlites and UA should be deemed illegal as well because that sleeve that wraps around the neck is not connected to the rest of the uniform. I feel like a uniform should be 2 parts, a shell and a skirt/shorts, if your sleeve is not attached to the shell then it is not part of the uniform. If that sleeve then wraps around the neck it should be considered a choker as well.

I personally love the uniform and the choker, if they want it to not be a problem then just attach it with a piece of fabric to the top of the uniform.

Agree to disagree. When something is attached to a sleeve, I would not consider it jewelry. Can you tell me any necklaces you own that come with sleeves?

I'm surprised with all this talk about Cells' chokers & such, that no one has said anything about the bandannas Fierce Allstars wear around their necks for day 2 of two day competitions. I don't believe it's attached to their uniform either.

Do you have a picture?

Um yeah I would say the bandanas are definitely a no go. Does anyone know if they still wear them or have gotten any warnings or anything?

I like them and I think they are cute, I just think it's crappy a team can get a deduction for a hair tie on a wrist but an entire team can wear necklace things.[/quote]

Definitely! It's unlikely that a hairtie on my wrist is going to harm anybody at all. If it was, then it shouldn't be allowed at practice. But I could see the chokers being dangerous, so as cute as they are, I don't think they're suitable for all star cheer, especially with the crazy stuff teams like Supercells do

So is people wearing a clear retainer to stop a piercing from closing illegal too?

yes.

7. Jewelry of any kind including but not limited to ear, nose, tongue, belly button and facial rings, clear plastic jewelry, bracelets, necklaces and pins on uniforms are not allowed. Jewelry must be removed and may not be taped over. Exception: medical ID tags/bracelets, and uniform rhinestones. Rhinestones are not allowed when adhered to the skin as opposed to a uniform. Temporary tattoos are also allowed.

yes.

7. Jewelry of any kind including but not limited to ear, nose, tongue, belly button and facial rings, clear plastic jewelry, bracelets, necklaces and pins on uniforms are not allowed. Jewelry must be removed and may not be taped over. Exception: medical ID tags/bracelets, and uniform rhinestones. Rhinestones are not allowed when adhered to the skin as opposed to a uniform. Temporary tattoos are also allowed.

So what are you supposed to do? You cant take a piercing out for too long or itll close, everyone i know just puts in a clear retainer...
Also, theres a girl Ive seen at comps with a dermal, you cant take those out. Whats she supposed to do?

Why cant we all have JUST uniforms (tops and bottoms) why do we have to add necklaces etc....

to the plastic jewerly girls wear one in there belly all the time on my squad no comp or judge has said anything about them I guess it is to the fact that they cant see them from where they are

onetruparing said:
So what are you supposed to do? You cant take a piercing out for too long or itll close, everyone i know just puts in a clear retainer...Also, theres a girl Ive seen at comps with a dermal, you cant take those out. Whats she supposed to do?
I feel like the answer's really simple.. don't get piercings during competition season. Don't get piercings that are going to close up quickly or cannot be taken out easily (i.e., pierced ears vs. belly button, nose, dermal etc) if you compete often. Don't get piercings, period if you're really dedicated and find taking them in and out to be annoying.

Piercings aren't a necessary part of the human body. They are optional and people will live without them.

@MissBee @ACEDAD
Are we deducting now for starlites too because their armpiece wraps around the neck and is not attached to the main portion of the uniform?

Does an arm piece with a chocker attached to it look like jewelry to you? The sleeve is part of the uniform, just like the skirt and the top.

Back