All-Star Uniforms: Illegal Or Not?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Then i think that is an issue. if my finger slips in there, then its going to choke you and break my finger.

If it is a stretchy fabric you could simply take out your finger..if it even gets stuck. Doubt it would if the chokers do stretch over their heads.

If a team had giant fabric earloop earrings that they sewed connected onto their uniform with fabric it would technically be "legal" currently (as its attached), but that doesn't make it safe..........

I'm sure we could all sit here and come up w/ unrealistic things that are technically legal yet unsafe..You guys are something else.

I guess those paper ankle and wrist bands that competitors have to wear at some competitions should be illegal too huh?

Why cant we all have JUST uniforms (tops and bottoms) why do we have to add necklaces etc....
to the plastic jewerly girls wear one in there belly all the time on my squad no comp or judge has said anything about them I guess it is to the fact that they cant see them from where they are

To stand out & be different. It's a new trend. As I look at your avatar, your top isn't JUST a top. It has nice cut outs w/ your shoulders exposed. Sometimes people just want a new look.

I'm sure we could all sit here and come up w/ unrealistic things that are technically legal yet unsafe..You guys are something else.

I guess those paper ankle and wrist bands that competitors have to wear at some competitions should be illegal too huh?
I feel like you're taking this WAY too personally. I think it was one of those things we've always just taken for granted, but we're now realizing is a little silly (that a hairband around your wrist is somehow 'dangerous' to compete in yet a piece of fabric around your next isn't?). We're not bashing these teams or are berating their talent/morals/character, we're just curious as to why a rule is the way it is. The moment we start accepting things blindly without question, we're lost.

I feel like the answer's really simple.. don't get piercings during competition season. Don't get piercings that are going to close up quickly or cannot be taken out easily (i.e., pierced ears vs. belly button, nose, dermal etc) if you compete often. Don't get piercings, period if you're really dedicated and find taking them in and out to be annoying.

Piercings aren't a necessary part of the human body. They are optional and people will live without them.

Piercings are just a stylistic choice, I dont really think theyre harmful while cheering, I put a retainer in my septum when we compete, its not gonna harm the team or anything.
Plus, dermals arent removable, and as far as I know her team hasnt gotted docked for it.

I feel like you're taking this WAY too personally. I think it was one of those things we've always just taken for granted, but we're now realizing is a little silly (that a hairband around your wrist is somehow 'dangerous' to compete in yet a piece of fabric around your next isn't?). We're not bashing these teams or are berating their talent/morals/character, we're just curious as to why a rule is the way it is. The moment we start accepting things blindly without question, we're lost.

It's not possible for me to take this personally. This has nothing to do with me. I just feel like you all are being a little RIDICULOUS.

I feel like the answer's really simple.. don't get piercings during competition season. Don't get piercings that are going to close up quickly or cannot be taken out easily (i.e., pierced ears vs. belly button, nose, dermal etc) if you compete often. Don't get piercings, period if you're really dedicated and find taking them in and out to be annoying.

Piercings aren't a necessary part of the human body. They are optional and people will live without them.

The only reason pierced ears dont close up quickly is because people with them have had them since like age 5.
If you had a bellybutton all youre life itd be safe to take out for a day, but if its only been a year itd start closing.

@onetrupairing

My response was less geared towards teams being docked for points for having piercings, and more towards your question of "So what are they (people with piercings) supposed to do?" It seemed like you were saying piercings were some type of bodily appendage.Piercings aren't limbs, they are completely optional. So, I guess to bring it round about- if you want to take the risk of injury or deduction and compete with piercings or retainers in, go right ahead.. or simple answer, just don't get piercings that can't be removed for an hour or so.

I'm really not an anti-piercing person, but unfortunately not everybody respects the fact that they need to be wearing a retainer, and not just at competition but at practice too. I've seen one too many very strange and preventable injuries caused by carelessness about piercings.

@onetrupairing

My response was less geared towards teams being docked for points for having piercings, and more towards your question of "So what are they (people with piercings) supposed to do?" It seemed like you were saying piercings were some type of bodily appendage.Piercings aren't limbs, they are completely optional. So, I guess to bring it round about- if you want to take the risk of injury or deduction and compete with piercings or retainers in, go right ahead.. or simple answer, just don't get piercings that can't be removed for an hour or so.

I'm really not an anti-piercing person, but unfortunately not everybody respects the fact that they need to be wearing a retainer, and not just at competition but at practice too. I've seen one too many very strange and preventable injuries caused by carelessness about piercings.

I understand your reasoning, but I think people w/ piercings should be able to wear retainers. I personally wouldn't want anything besides my ears pierced on my body, but some people disagree. Piercings are just another way of expression. It's not much different from what clothes you choose to wear in the morning. People shouldn't have to worry about when to pierce something because of a competition. Some people have a life outside of cheerleading.

It's not possible for me to take this personally. This has nothing to do with me. I just feel like you all are being a little RIDICULOUS.

People through the phrase "You're taking this personally" a lot on this board.
Every comment is a personal opinion so everything everyone says is personal. Im really sick of that phrase

Every comment is a personal opinion so everything everyone says is personal. Im really sick of that phrase

Yes, everything is a personal opinion. However the opinion is either a logical or emotional based. If you keep things logical aka fact base you are less likely to get upset about people not agreeing with you.

Yes, everything is a personal opinion. However the opinion is either a logical or emotional based. If you keep things logical aka fact base you are less likely to get upset about people not agreeing with you.

Funny I was thinking the same thing when I read that, but decided not to comment about it.

Back