All-Star Uniforms: Illegal Or Not?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Simple way to handle piercing issues at competitions, don't get it pierced till after competition season. Unless its an "emergency" self expression thing, then maybe the judges will understand.
rolleyes.png

Simple way to handle piercing issues at competitions, don't get it pierced till after competition season. Unless its an "emergency" self expression thing, then maybe the judges will understand.:rolleyes:
Hey now, some girl in I think South Carolina (or somewhere in the southeast, I believe) is suing her school because she refused to take out her nose piercing due to the fact that she belongs to the 'Church of Body Modifications', and therefore had it in for religious reasons, which they ignored and suspended her. She also refused to wear a clear holder.

And @Diamond and @onetrupairing ,
The reason why people use the phrase 'Don't take it personally' so much on this board is because we are all so passionate. We get so involved in what we believe in that sometimes we forget that people are just discussing things and not making personal attacks against things we agree/disagree with. When people seem to fly off the handle about something, it's a bit nicer than saying 'Calm the heck down already, it's not a big deal.'

Hey now, some girl in I think South Carolina (or somewhere in the southeast, I believe) is suing her school because she refused to take out her nose piercing due to the fact that she belongs to the 'Church of Body Modifications', and therefore had it in for religious reasons, which they ignored and suspended her. She also refused to wear a clear holder.

And @Diamond and @onetrupairing ,
The reason why people use the phrase 'Don't take it personally' so much on this board is because we are all so passionate. We get so involved in what we believe in that sometimes we forget that people are just discussing things and not making personal attacks against things we agree/disagree with. When people seem to fly off the handle about something, it's a bit nicer than saying 'Calm the heck down already, it's not a big deal.'

Again, I don't feel personally attacked. If I seem to be flying off the handle, then it's prob because I have a strong opinion. Saying "you're taking this way to personally" means you're taking this way to personally. Find a new phrase or use your words correctly. If you want someone to calm down, tell them to calm down or say it's not that serious. That isn't rude at all. "Calm the heck down already, it's not a big deal" does not have the same meaning as "you're taking this WAY to personally."

Again, I don't feel personally attacked. If I seem to be flying off the handle, then it's prob because I have a strong opinion. Saying "you're taking this way to personally" means you're taking this way to personally. Find a new phrase or use your words correctly. If you want someone to calm down, tell them to calm down or say it's not that serious. That isn't rude at all. "Calm the heck down already, it's not a big deal" does not have the same meaning as "you're taking this WAY to personally."

Lighten up, Francis.

The only reason pierced ears dont close up quickly is because people with them have had them since like age 5.
If you had a bellybutton all youre life itd be safe to take out for a day, but if its only been a year itd start closing.

2 min and 30 seconds wont close up a hole unless you literally got the piecing the day before, but I think cheerleaders have enough since to not do that..at least i would hope! take it out right before you compete and put it right back in after--problem solved!

2 min and 30 seconds wont close up a hole unless you literally got the piecing the day before, but I think cheerleaders have enough since to not do that..at least i would hope! take it out right before you compete and put it right back in after--problem solved!

My friend took out her industrial right before we went on (like after the last warm up mat) and put it back in after we competed. The hole didnt close, but it did shrink (Ear rings are 20 gauge, most body jewelry is 16 or 14 gauge).
We had too force it back through both holes and it hurt her a lot. It started to bleed a little, even though we used lotion, and it put her at major risk of getting a blowout (cartilage blowouts are pretty hard to fix at all).

Generally she just wears a clear 16 gauge retainer and everything's fine, so why should we be forced to deal with that^ when a retainer is an option??

For reference, this is a blowout (often called a cat-butt in the piercing community):
http://www.stretchyourears.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/ear-stretching-blow-out-300x224.jpg

No hate, I just dont think a lot of people are very versed on body piercings. Blowouts in cartilage are terrrrrriiiiiiibbbbbblllllleeeee
Its honestly pretty impossible to fix, if it was stretched (gauged) ears you can downsize, not an option in an industrial.

For reference, an industrial piercing:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OL2Ptf0ANLA/S8bDu4VUo-I/AAAAAAAAABk/FuHzPRKe4oo/s1600/bar_piercing.jpg

I don't care what a person decides to do to themselves, be it piercings, tattoos ect. However, piercings should not be worn while cheering. Yes, it's painful having to get re-pierced cause a hole closed....but having a piercing ripped out during a routine hurts a heck of a lot more. There's rules for a reason.

Back