All-Star Uniforms: Illegal Or Not?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't care what a person decides to do to themselves, be it piercings, tattoos ect. However, piercings should not be worn while cheering. Yes, it's painful having to get re-pierced cause a hole closed....but having a piercing ripped out during a routine hurts a heck of a lot more. There's rules for a reason.

I really dont think a small retainer would get pulled out, especially on a naval or nostril

I really dont think a small retainer would get pulled out, especially on a naval or nostril

It doesn't matter though, that's the rule. The rules are not a perfect fit for every individual, but they work for the whole. You have your entire life to express your creativity whichever way you want. However, during the 2:30 you are competing, you're limited in how you can use jewelry. Not a huge deal. If it is a big deal, then maybe a decision needs to be made on which is more important.

Piercings are just a stylistic choice, I dont really think theyre harmful while cheering, I put a retainer in my septum when we compete, its not gonna harm the team or anything.
Plus, dermals arent removable, and as far as I know her team hasnt gotted docked for it.

Are you high? They are harmful - and its a rule. Deal with it. Ive had several piercing in my college days - One of which was ripped out while cheering, despite being covered by a band-aid. Another caused a chipped tooth. Our college coach told us to take them out, but me being the naive college person I was, it had consequences. If you get something pierced - it comes out when we practice and perform - I dont care how new it is.

Vlear
Are you high? They are harmful - and its a rule. Deal with it. Ive had several piercing in my college days - One of which was ripped out while cheering, despite being covered by a band-aid. Another caused a chipped tooth. Our college coach told us to take them out, but me being the naive college person I was, it had consequences. If you get something pierced - it comes out when we practice and perform - I dont care how new it is.
I've seen many people wear retainers at a comp, never seen one pulled out. What'd u have?

It doesn't matter though, that's the rule. The rules are not a perfect fit for every individual, but they work for the whole. You have your entire life to express your creativity whichever way you want. However, during the 2:30 you are competing, you're limited in how you can use jewelry. Not a huge deal. If it is a big deal, then maybe a decision needs to be made on which is more important.

Isn't this thread debating the validity of that rule?

Isn't this thread debating the validity of that rule?

Not exactly. The thread was discussing the validity of things added to the uniform (ie cells choker) and whether these fall under jewelry and would be illegal, or are they considered part of the uniform and thereby legal. You brought up clear retainers and piercings.

Not exactly. The thread was discussing the validity of things added to the uniform (ie cells choker) and whether these fall under jewelry and would be illegal, or are they considered part of the uniform and thereby legal. You brought up clear retainers and piercings.

I wasn't trying to start a debate, bit those are what everyone uses and I was unawares that they were illegal

I wasn't trying to start a debate, bit those are what everyone uses and I was unawares that they were illegal

No problem, but now you know
smile.png

Back