All-Star Usa Cheer New Music Rules..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not even just the technical part, but the creative vision required to do certain things. For example, remember Georgia Large Coed's music from 2007, in which they laid the instrumental for 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' under P!nk, Lil' Jon and another rapper before bringing Kurt Cobain's vocals into the mix for running tumbling? Genius! The average person doesn't have the creative insight to come up with something like that.

And especially with this ruling. I had never really thought about how many of the backbeats that these mixers are using are copyrighted. Often times they're using instrumentals of copyrighted songs, or beats that someone else has created and copyrighted, and even those are not going to be allowed.

I do agree that cheer music is a different tim

I agree. I love cheer music because it's diverse and unpredictable. It's cool to listen to music that leads a rap song into a country song into europop etc.

This will be a lot more work for producers. Will Patrick be creating a custom mix for every team who contracts with him?

I believe Patrick himself does not make a huge amount of mixes a year, so it would not surprise me if the level of effort he put into GWs' goes into all of his clients.
I am, however, curious how this will trickle down through New Level Music, as the costs associated with using his other mixers is nowhere near the cost for him to do it. That is if you're lucky enough for Patrick to do your mix.

Knowing how licensing and royalties issues have played out in parts of the entertainment industry, I am wondering a couple of things.

Will these limitations eventually evolve into the return of actual "cheers" in all star, since that could mean less time you would need to "create" something new in your music?

And I wonder we might see original recordings of some older (as in really old) music where the licensing/copyright laws may not apply anymore and it has been deemed public domain. Get ready to rock out to some classical pieces everyone! LOL

Also i think this will affect rec and high school teams the most. The ones who can't afford to pay for the big name producers and have a parent do it or find a small time producer or just cut and paste pieces of other teams music. What do they do? Just create mixes with sound effects and little melodies you make on a keyboard?
The biggest issues is even when school teams are able and willing to pay for the big producers, many of them will not take a school team. Their schedules are too busy already to be bothered by school teams. It is hard to get in with the big producers without a big name gym backing you as one of their school teams.

sorry the the essay but i've seen a couple things i want to comment on...
Making cheer music is NOT easy at all, especially if you want a Kyle Blitch, DJ Rizz, CheerMusicPro type of mix. they're godly at this. it is NOT as easy as it seems.
now..... don't teams already pay for voices from certain artists, IE: Smoed w/ Waka Flocka and Fetty Wap? i remember pictures of DJ Rizz w Fetty and Waka... I'm pretty sure they got paid somehow regardless of who paid them, at the end of the day i'm pretty sure Cali Bullets were the ones who had to pay.
another thing... I do agree with the amount of voice overs taking over songs, but i disagree with the fact that actual songs are being left in the dust. I know a lot of Cali Coed songs from there various mixes over this season, same with Rockstar Beatles and a couple others, and i sing along crazily lmao.
but...... shouldn't artists be paying us to endorse their music? :confused: lol rhetorical but actually wanted an answer type of question. i mean think about it... we're giving them shine, publicity, etc... for free? why should we have to pay them lol. but guys i already know why we have to pay them! don't quote me w the answer to that please lol.
but at this point i can see Cheer mixers making beats or buying beats only to make 50 million voiceovers throughout the song and that is what cheer music will be next season.
All 3 of us have been custom for a little bit but this next year is gonna be completely different. I'm gonna go very girly and use a lot of movie quotes and highlight sfx like i did back in the day, its gonna be fun. i live in west hollywood with all the rupauls drag race queens so ive started reaching out to all of them. As we always have done we will be very different which will make for an interesting sound between the levels, if people can deal with my voice for a full 8 count track (but next year ill have several artists) its gonna be interesting to see what we all do. we will all be on the same playing field as well which will be quite interesting, a lot of people are freaking out about the change but its us as producers that have to follow through with the new rules. i'm still doing a summer 8 count track but it will be free as i cant charge for mainstream music but i know its pivitol in choreographing the routine. love u all happy worlds!!!

All 3 of us have been custom for a little bit but this next year is gonna be completely different. I'm gonna go very girly and use a lot of movie quotes and highlight sfx like i did back in the day, its gonna be fun. i live in west hollywood with all the rupauls drag race queens so ive started reaching out to all of them. As we always have done we will be very different which will make for an interesting sound between the levels, if people can deal with my voice for a full 8 count track (but next year ill have several artists) its gonna be interesting to see what we all do. we will all be on the same playing field as well which will be quite interesting, a lot of people are freaking out about the change but its us as producers that have to follow through with the new rules. i'm still doing a summer 8 count track but it will be free as i cant charge for mainstream music but i know its pivitol in choreographing the routine. love u all happy worlds!!!
Literally LOVE your 8-count music from this season! Thanks for being such a great Mixer and Producer! Continue to be great!!!

As a music producer and music mixer, this is great! Not many companies have the resources or artists to make this happen.... We at cheMIXtryla.com are ready to take over the market!!! hahaha Keep calm and cheer on people!

This is gonna be GOOD.

I was listening to this podcast earlier today about originality.

The entire episode is really thought provoking but in the second segment, starting at 14:58, they bring up a really neat arguement against copyright: Laws and morals of "copying" others' work aside, copyright prevents innovation and hinders creativity.

It's a interesting idea to entertain in your brain for a bit and compare it to this new ruling regarding cheer music. They bring up how we refer to creative work as "property" which gives the impression that you own that certain thing and the only way to use it is to get permission. But in reality, "creative works" aren't original ideas themselves and they are repurposed from other creative works. In reality, nothing is original in the sense that it is entirely brand new, so "owning" a piece of art that has been created from other pieces seems silly. (Also "owning" an idea is a weird concept. And music, art, innovative things are essentially physical or metaphorical "tangible" products of ideas.)

I feel like this is exactly what cheer music is - it's taking someone else's "creative work" and repurposing it to meet a different need. And whether its right or wrong, I think it's another example of copyright preventing innovation and creativity. I'm not taking sides in the wrong or right debate over cheer music because I think it is a grey area, but I wanted to share. It's really opened my mind a bit on copyright and about cheer music in general!

Last edited:
Back