All-Star Usasf Athlete Id Program

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm all about it- although it's a bit late in the game. I'm hoping they're prepared and everything can get sorted in time! Don't know when all the sanctioned comps start, but a fair bit are coming up..

I'm happy to see this. Looks pretty straightforward and easy, too. Hopefully this will eliminate much of the controversy (real and fabricated). Certainly the overseeing of the legality of athletes will now be much easier and more reliable.

Love this idea! It will be good to see it in action. Yes...any time something new is tried there is a period of "working out the kinks", but that period will serve as a tool for making improvements to the system.

Not sure of the whole process but what prevents whomever is inputting the data from "fudging" the birth date?

Not sure of the whole process but what prevents whomever is inputting the data from "fudging" the birth date?
Probably nothing but if someone makes their cp older than they really are (saying your cp is 12 instead of 10 so she can compete on that Sr5) then cp will actually age out if a senior team two years earlier than they should. My thought is that if you register your cp when they start all-star cheer, the thought of violating the age requirements is not even a blip on your radar. It's more the coaches coming up with the idea of it and the parent going along with it. This will prevent a coach from submitting falsified birth certificates because the real age is already in the system. I haven't read through the fine print but I'm wondering if it specifies the punishment if a false age is entered and detected.

I haven't read through the fine print but I'm wondering if it specifies the punishment if a false age is entered and detected.
Did not see any fine print on the link but did not look real hard. Assuming another discussion thread on this but didn't find that yet.

So it says that it is required for USASF events, what if I'm not an All Star team competing at a USASF event? Do I still need to register my team in this to compete at that competition?

Now that everyone will be required to register, I cant wait for the next 5 years when data is available so that I can run econometric regressions on everything!!! :) Dear USASF, please release this information so I can get nerdy with it and predict the number of future athletes, their skill sets, and the most economically efficient location for a gym! Thanks!

So it says that it is required for USASF events, what if I'm not an All Star team competing at a USASF event? Do I still need to register my team in this to compete at that competition?

I'm sure that will be at the discretion of the EP.

You need to register your program & teams if you are competing in an all star division. This doesn't effect school & recreation teams.

Just got the memo from the gym that birth certificate copies are due this month for this.

Back