All-Star Usasf Independence

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I LOVE this. It's nice to see companies coming together to take a stand against Varsity. Can you imagine how much better Worlds will be when you have a "let the best man win" system? No outrageous fees and sub par production when each company is fighting to make it bigger and better. It'll do great things all around the board.

I find it interesting that the companies all have ties with cheerleading apparel. I know varsity does too (duh) but they also do competitions and choreography and whatever else. I just thought it was kinda insteresting.

as a person who doesn't really understand about things in cheer industry like USASF etc, i just can hope that this movement will bring positive and good effect to cheerleading world in general (including its progress and development).

Ummm WOW. I am definitely going to need to marinate on this for a little bit.

Varsity has all the power and I don't expect this proposal to be accepted, in fact I expect it will be ignored :enjoyshow:

We, the consumers of all things Varsity, need to not allow that to happen. We need to demand a thoughtful, professional response. If there is not something within a reasonable amount of time I think there needs to be communication from each of us asking where it is. Separating USASF from Varsity is, in my opinion, a positive for this sport and Varsity needs to respond if they don't agree - and something more substantial than "Eh,that's not gonna work for us." should be demanded.

We, the consumers of all things Varsity, need to not allow that to happen. We need to demand a thoughtful, professional response. If there is not something within a reasonable amount of time I think there needs to be communication from each of us asking where it is. Separating USASF from Varsity is, in my opinion, a positive for this sport and Varsity needs to respond if they don't agree - and something more substantial than "Eh,that's not gonna work for us." should be demanded.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100% but considering that the end result could mean the ousting of many current board members and Varsity losing their leverage I would not expect the response to be positive. I have felt that this was headed in the wrong direction for some time now and always said that it was a mistake to have a company who has cornered the market of AS Cheer be so influential with the governing body that oversees the sport. The board that makes decisions regarding the rules and future of the sport needs to be totally independent of any brand affiliation. I know that seems unrealistic to some but this screams of politics on every level. $ = Power and Varsity has all the power right now. The athletes, parents, coaches and gym owners are the ones who can make a difference but it will take a collective effort. Stay tuned.

I would like to throw the name of my employer, Warren Averett, LLC, into the ring as a firm to do the audit. I wouldn't be involved, but we're a very large regional firm and one of the top 30 largest CPA firms in the country.

Hiring any Economists / Analysts? ;)

I would like to throw the name of my employer, Warren Averett, LLC, into the ring as a firm to do the audit. I wouldn't be involved, but we're a very large regional firm and one of the top 30 largest CPA firms in the country.
So as someone who works with exact numbers it has to make you a little crazy being invloved in this inexact sport.:)

I for one am very interested to see how this pans out. However if I was the USASF idk how I would feel about being given ultimatums that come along with the loan. Now being independent is what the industry needs but I don't know how I feel about "we will do X but you have to do Y" independence is independence, what good I'd it to jump from a sole leader to multiple leaders? I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the terms but obviously they accepted the loan previously, why change hands?

Now if this were a buyout if the loan, I'd see things differently.

Back